Adidas Badminton racquets 2018

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Ditbayki, Apr 22, 2018.

1. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

When I was taking pictures to share the Adidas stringing pattern, something cought my eye

[​IMG]

Is there a F7 and F8 about to be released? Some arrows are still going the wrong way, it's a 20*20 pattern like the other Überschall, mains are tied off at the top, and even more similarities to Babolat with the tire off knots in even numbered holes at the top and the starting know in an odd numbered hole at the bottom. I did and still do like Babolat, but I never liked this. It just feels like you need a larger not. That might not even be true though...

2. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

Hi, can somebody give a review about Spieler A09.1?
    I am interested with the design of it and planning to get one.

3. speCulatius

First impression was that it's a racket I can just pick up and play with. A typical allrounder... Nothing special, but nothing to complain about, really. I didn't like the feedback, but I do prefer a more direct feedback anyway - that was with G-Tone 5 @ 12 kp, so I don't think it was the string. I'll review it and there other test rackets once I get them back and had some time to play with them, but that will still take some time.
    Since writing this, I didn't get the chance to really test it, because I have it to one of the players who liked it until his rackets arrived. I didn't tell them the price beforehand, but they did prefer the A09.1 over all other test rackets I gave them.
    From memory, the P2 is quite similar (the P3 may be even more similar), and I'd prefer the P2... looking at the price might change that again.

4. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    post #152 of this thread. I'm currently using them as my main while I test string setups. Short version: it feels to me like a Kalkul with a little more flex.

5. speCulatius

In my opinion, it's far closer to the P2, the feedback is not remotely close the the nice, way more direct feeling of the Kalkül. I'd guess that the P3 would be even closer to the A09.1 though.
    Looking at the frame profile and stringing pattern, there is way more similarities between the Wucht and the A09.1 as well.
    The A09.1 had a little bit less head weight with more flex than the P2, but that should be the same for the P3.

6. steven8991

steven8991 Regular Member

I only want flexible shaft racket with head heady BP. Is there any other adidas option beside A09.1 ?

#206 steven8991, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  7. speCulatius

That's a combination that doesn't make too much sense. The P2 had enough flex to be considered an easy racket, why would you want more flexibility? The P2 gives easy power with a relaxed swing. What other reason is there to add flexibility? The A09.1 is slightly more flexible, but with less head weight. The F1 is more flexible, but with quite a bit less head weight, same is true for the P3 and P1, probably.
    At that price, you can get the A09.1 and some lead tape if you want to add some weight at the head.

How do you know that your looking for a head heavy racket with a flexible shaft? Have you ever played with a flexible head heavy racket? Which one?

8. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

three stripes - three rackets - my set is complete (unless adidas will make an upgrade), das ist such speed demons, line hunters! :)
    IMG_20191227_154322.jpg

Dave1011 likes this.
  9. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Still no shoes or racquets on adidas UK site. I would have thought they'd have been added by now.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

10. speCulatius

11. raistian

raistian Regular Member

Anyone have opinions on P7? I string my own racquets using good old yonex 4 knots, so reading about exotic stringing patterns worries me. Can I string this racquet with normal 2 piece 4 knots? Also with its special grommets - will it be an issue after some time (my racquets last 10 years on average)? The shop says that I can replace them with generic MBS grommets but I'm worried that it'd change the racquet's feel.

12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

The grommet strips on the sides do worry me a bit too. I mean, that's an area where lots of the standard single grommets tend to break or split after a while, so there definitely is some significant stress on the strips too. And even if it's just the inner sleeve splitting or breaking off. So imo it will be important to know if/when Adidas will offer them as replacement.

The good news: The P7 has a completely standard 76 hole pattern and can be strung with the normal Yonex'y 4-knots method.

speCulatius likes this.
  13. raistian

raistian Regular Member

Thanks, at least I now know that stringing it won't be a problem.

For what it's worth, the shop said Adidas customer support's really good, and they have replaced a few racquets' side grommets.

However when I asked about long term supply (10 years) he said I have to consider replacing the custom grommets with the generic single ones, which is feasible, but I'm not sure if the racquet's handling would be the same after.

I'm probably overthinking it. In the end it's a good racquet for the price. I'm just used (spoiled?) by the longevity of my old racquets.

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

that's good to hear. So chances are that they will be offering the strips as regular replacement parts also for private stringers. @speCulatius do you have an info on that perhaps?

15. speCulatius

Well, no company will guarantee you anything for what will be in 10 years. I do like the attitude though...

That's one of the questions I still need to ask. To me it's not that huge of a deal, because you can replace them with normal grommets and lose around 1g of head weight. That's more than I thought, but you can add it again with lead tape or - and that's what I'll try on my P8 in the not too far future - the top grommet strips of the Z-Force II should fit. If would be slightly more upwards, but I wanna try what it does to the racket.

When there's news on any of that, I'll let you know here or in the P8 Diary thread.

s_mair likes this.
  16. raistian

raistian Regular Member

I wasn't asking for a guarantee. I asked what can I do as an owner, and was given the answer (generic grommets) which I shared with ya'll.
    Guess I'm experiencing the "they don't make it like they used to" moment. It seems the more tech they put in racquets, the shorter their lifespan. Similar thing happens in electronics & called "planned obsolescence".

LenaicM likes this.
  17. speCulatius

I'll try to find out if they'll supply the grommet strips separately at all. Worst case scenario still is that you replace them with generic grommets and try to add some weight again. I don't really like these strips anyway, because they stand out to the side slightly. To me, that's a little contradicting to building a racket with a compact head and an aerodynamic frame. Like I said, I think using the Yonex grommet strips might be an option to make up for the lost weight... I'll keep you updated on that, but it will still take some time.

18. raistian

raistian Regular Member

After a lot of research & dry swinging, I got the Uber F5 instead. The only negative point is the stringing pattern. But since I string my own racquets it should be bearable.

Interestingly the shop doesn't do the adidas recommended pattern, and have strung it with 2 piece 4 knots.

19. endFX

endFX Regular Member

Badminton tryhard
    Well, the recommended Adidas pattern for the F5 is a 2 piece 4 knot pattern. (Post #197)
    Question is how many knots are at the top of the racket. Since Adidas had 2 patterns for the F5, but both are 2 piece.

#219 endFX, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  20. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

but it has 74 holes thus knots are in not usual place, but all wucht line (and Raistian was asking about P7) has usual 76, 2/4 pattern