Adidas badminton 2020

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Dave1011, Apr 18, 2020.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Personally, I really do enjoy a brand that is not sh*tting out new random rackets every other week without any noticeable upgrades, only to push buyers into believing that the racket they bought 6 months ago is already old stuff. From what I see, Adidas currently has a nicely packed line-up in terms of specs that covers the needs for >90% of normal players. The quality is really solid, even on the low-cost lines. And I'm sure that they have thinned out some of the lines simply because there weren't enough sales for some particular models.

I'm still looking forward to really getting to know my P8 after this whole covid-related on/off situation with badminton will be over. New racket? Not for me anytime soon I think. :)

speCulatius, Super85 and Dave1011 like this.
  2. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

This. Babolat's top rackets a have been pretty much the same for many years, only the color changes every other year. And I really like that, because you can still get a replacement for your racket after >6 years now for the top end rackets.

And... am I the only one who thinks the head shape of the Übeschalls looks a bit funny?

s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  3. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The pictures do seem to show a change in the head shape especially when compared to Kalkul range. We will have to see what they look like when more details are online or when we get yo try them.

Screenshot_20210109_094147.jpg

Screenshot_20210109_093858.jpg

s_mair likes this.
  4. sami

sami New Member

Hello, does anyone yet know what is the difference between Uberschall F1 and F1.1? And would there be any difference except color if I bought F1 from europe since last one I had to buy it from asia?

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Here are the specs for both F1 and F1.1 which look very similar.

Screenshot_20210115_094921.jpg

Screenshot_20210115_094721.jpg

6. sami

sami New Member

So it's changing from even balanced to head heavy. What I checked my Uberchall F1 was in middle when it came to head light - head heavy in "chart" which is in racket. Well thanks for information and any idea if these new rackets are coming in h1 or h2 in europe?

Edit: "Uberchall F1 was in middle when it came to head light - head heavy" I looked wrong chart and in reality it is head light - head heavy 1-7 point system in 3. I edited after I got my answer from Dave1011.

#266 sami, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The balance point of F1 and F1.1 is the same, I think they just changed the point they switch from mid balanced to head heavy. The F1.1 is the least head heavy of all the new uberschall range.

I have no idea on availability in each region im afraid.

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

9. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Why did I never think of applying tape to the A3's frame

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

10. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    Well well, yesterday at midnight I was just wandering on websites as usual and to my surprise I found something that I had been waiting for quite sometime Screenshot_20210211-113850_Samsung Internet.jpg

I was taken aback from the price that sportsuncle was offering it at, for comparison (and the thing that made me wait for this long before buying) Screenshot_20210211-164328.jpg

Just look at that difference. Sportsuncle can offer it for much more lower in due time but I am never the patient one, immediately clicked the buy button
    Screenshot_20210211-162456_Samsung Internet.jpg

For conversion sake, flipkart was offering Wucht P8 at 260USD/215€ and sportsuncle's price was 180USD/147€. Also wanted to try out the Apacs Assailant pro (slowly becoming a Ko Sung Hyun fan, also it is pretty cheap and materials used are very good) so that too will be here in time and I cannot control my excitement to try them out. Both are 4U versions (for some lame reason, badminton companies always launch the lower weight variants in India so I don't have any option and I am tired enough of writing to the distributors etc with no positive responses from anyone)

I cannot wait!!!!

Dave1011 and s_mair like this.
  11. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    It arrived strung with the Aerosonic, weights are with factory grip and no plastic anything. 4U, I must say this is unlike any 4U I have played before.
    The white is sort of a dull hazy matte white. The headweight and the swing feels very good (perfect swing feel for me is the A3), I am in pretty good form currently and this racquet while I swing it, puts a smile on my face, such a nice solid feel. Will test it in some time on court 20210215_161159.jpg 20210215_161000.jpg 20210215_161038.jpg

#271 Vivek Bagadhi, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    Cheung, Sumanth99 and Woesi like this.
  12. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    I regret buying two 88Ds, why didn't it (P8) come early on sportsuncle I might have bought 3. A lot of Dopamine secretion is going on while I hold the P8, all I am hoping right is a good defense,
    my top ranked racquets( acc to my opinion) are
    N7ii (accuracy with speed, 3U)
    N9ii(only one word- POWER, 3U)
    88d (best combination of a little bit of everything, 4U)

Let's see if the list stays the same when I come back from my games(it will not)

[​IMG]

Cheung and Sumanth99 like this.
  13. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Never praise a racket before you have hit a shuttle with it. ;)
    Looking forward to hearing your impressions on court!

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  14. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    That post is from an eager guy unable to control himself and doing wall practise in his home since 1/2 hr
    I just hope that I click with it right away

Cheung, speCulatius and s_mair like this.
  15. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor
    P8 is a delight to play with, provided you have the proper technique. My comparison will be with a 4U 88D as that was my previous racquet.
    (A little detail about my playstyle, I play doubles mainly and rarely singles. In doubles I have an allround playstyle, but atleast 60% of the play is from the back of the court and I try to create attacking opportunity when I am in the front, I am pretty good in defense with a lower stance while defending.)

It is an UNFORGIVING racquet, I will start the initial impression with this. It will not help you if you don't have the proper technique. If one is thinking of getting the racquet they should first introspect their technique, else the next racquet to look at should be the P7. But the unforgiving nature made me want to play every shot with a better technique, and I was rewarded.

Pin point accuracy is the first thing I would like to talk about, this is the first time that I have had my shots so accurate, much better than the 88D. I was very surprised with the accuracy of my shots. It has to be given to the stiff shaft, it is the one of the stiffest shafts in my collection till now that I have played with(I have neither played with a ZF2 nor a DZS but should be up here below these two)

You will feel the difference, the moment you pick this thing up, the racquet feels like a tank, so much more solid than the 88D. And that crazy good feel continues during the swing and while striking the shuttle. The head shape is a compact frame (the sides of the head can completely fit inside an Assailant Pro head ) so the feel while striking is ought to be better.

Due to the stiff shaft the whole swing translates into accurate power while doing drives (i felt the stiff shaft added to the speed of the racquet as you feel there is direct straight connection of the racquet head and your hand as the racquet head is not lagging at all) , my backhand drives were much better than the 88D

Power was much better than the 88D, nothing specifically different in defense between the two but defense was slightly better with the 88D (maybe this should be due to the fact that compact frame has a smaller sweetspot and hence a little less control while defending) though the P8 is a touch faster than the 88D for sure

I am still adjusting to hit the shuttle perfectly in the centre, but there weren't any misshits today so I know that I am pretty close to taming it.

Also my new favourite ranking now would be this
    N7ii
    P8
    N9ii

N7II is slightly less powerful and there is little loss in accuracy, but is faster and far easier to play with than the P8, I can trust my reflexes with this racquet.
    I can't compromise with the accuracy of the P8 while having almost the same power of the N9II (N9II has the easier access to it though but still I can't let go of the feel and accuracy of the P8)

Now what do I do with the 88D haha

#275 Vivek Bagadhi, Feb 15, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  16. Vivek Bagadhi

Doctor

spec comparison of both P8 and P7. It's in Vietnamese I guess. I love that mint green colorway of the P7

Dave1011 likes this.
  17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I hate that colour for the P7, thats why I bought the colour thats only available in Asia.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  18. pughon

pughon Regular Member

He put some video render, so the color looks different from in real world.

19. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

This might show the colour more clearly. No filter

20200302_201910_copy_1032x774_copy_516x387.jpg

I think this looks alot better

s-l1600 (4)_copy_800x600.jpg

Woesi and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member