ADIDAS 2021 Badminton Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by speCulatius, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

My wife went from glanz to F5, so the F5 is definitely not an hard racket to use. I was actually using the F5 before lockdown and quite enjoyed it once I got over the feedback issues of a fast frame.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

sadly i had never try 100ZZ, so cant give good comparison for you.
    I guest im lucky that a beginner buy it, end up dislike it & give me chance to test it before buying it.

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    So this happened! (Picture 1) I now have a spare. Thanks @pughon for a great deal and being so patient with me.

Grommets add about 1g headweight (picture 2), which with string choice adds a nice extra level of headweight adjustment.

2 things I learned tonight. I need the grommets, and 22lb P68 is unplayable. so knowing my lower limit in pushing for playing with lower tension, went back to year old 66 ultimax in the other racquet.[​IMG][​IMG]

3 things. I realise I can't pronounce "wucht".

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tapatalk

s_mair, Dave1011 and speCulatius like this.
  4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

One of the Uberschall range may be suitable too.
    These are the 4u options, the other two rackets in the range are even lighter at 5u

Screenshot_20210610_195940~2.jpg

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Played 4-5 hours with my P7 now. How much do I like it? Enough to buy a second one. Some observations between the two colours. It looks like they've changed the cone and writing on the later version (UK). Also there's a lot of detail that's lost on the dark P7 because some of the highlights are black on dark background, whilst they pop out on the teal (?) racket.

Both are 4U rated. The new unstrung racket is about 87.5g with plastic wrapping still on.

Some other thoughts. It's sounds slower than my A5, but not enough to make me feel like it's a problem.

One of the grommet from the strips is slightly damaged. Not a big problem since it's only a cross string and doesn't usually break there.

It be interesting to see if this racket shines in 3U, my LN 7000B weighed a whole 6 to 7g heavier than my P7 and is still quite playable. Just realised this makes it upper end of the 3u..

Won't be for a while yet. Got too many rackets and feeling poor after being EBay scammed.

[​IMG]

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

speCulatius, s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  6. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Similar situation as @DuckFeet with his Asia gen 1 p8 versus the UK white p8.

7. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I too deicded that I really like my new toy, and should have a spare. I was really clicking with it and decided I'll never need to try another racquet. Then ruined the next two sessions and twinged my elbow a little by trying another racquet.

The gen 1 is annoyingly headlight. I'm only running the side grommets, and P68 to get the head weight up but not feel all the weight at the T as I cannot quite get the timing right with it. So far I've lost a lot of control at the net, due to reduced headweight I presume. 2 plus points though, with that little drop in headweight it is incredibly fast, and I did hit one of those wonder smashes where your partner turns to you and looks shocked and impressed after the shuttle teleported to the floor. So the potential is there. I've removed the grommets from the UK version (dont judge me!) and will see how i get on with fresh string and increased swing speed.

s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  8. pughon

pughon Regular Member

New colours to your collection

upload_2021-7-10_9-46-36.png upload_2021-7-10_9-46-36.png

s_mair, speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  9. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

speCulatius and Dave1011 like this.
  10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

11. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

@speCulatius @DuckFeet @Rimano may all be interested in those P8 versions.

The price doesn't seem too bad, around £100 but not sure of shipping costs.

speCulatius likes this.
  12. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

Yeah, I already almost planned to buy the Olympic colorway (white) after moving. I might have to add another one, if the "Schock" doesn't mean it's a different racket. Does anybody know anything about it? The shop seems to have just copied the specs from the P8. While I would like that too be true, I wouldn't bet on it. I really hope they just choose it to distinguish between the colors.

BTW, if anybody has a pink P8 to let go of, I might be interested.

Dave1011 likes this.
  13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

PINK... Thats what really SHOCKING:eek:

14. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    Is that the same "orange (?)" as the new colour W09.1? Its almost luminous!

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

It was my first club night back after around a year tonight! My fitness was awful but my shots weren't too bad thankfully.

My new 360 b7 racket bag in grey got lots of positive comments.

I used the session to test out some rackets I hadn't used other than garden badminton with the family and then used a few old favourites towards the end of the session.

I tried my 4 uberschall 2020 rackets for a game each, the 4u rackets (F1.1/F2.1) had a nice balance of overall weight and head weight, the 5u rackets (F09.2/F3.1) are a little too light for my liking with the head heavy feel.
    Having said that the rackets don't feel as head heavy as the spec suggests, I could feel the weight in the head but they definitely weren't slow rackets or excessively head heavy.
    They had a slightly different feel to the previous uberschall range, similar to the Kalkal range or Victor Jetspeed range.

I then moved onto the Spielers.
    The P09.1 is still a great alrounder, the A09.1 reminded me just how good value it is for such a low price! Not as refined as the kalkuls which we will come on to next but still a very nice feel.

Finally I used the Kalkul A2 and A3, the A2 felt amazing, previously I thought that racket was slightly too flexible but it felt just right today.
    The A3 felt great too but I think I need the little flex that the A2 brings at the moment.

I will play again next week to test the remaining Adidas rackets in my collection such as the A5, F5, P3, W1.1 and F09.1.

#115 Dave1011, Jul 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    speCulatius, Rimano and s_mair like this.
  16. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The W09.1 is more orange that pink, the p8 is more of a matte pink

20210304_112121~3.jpg
    20210304_112114~3_copy_1314x1711.jpg

speCulatius likes this.
  17. speCulatius

And I got the confirmation: It is same racket and just a different colorway. It might not be available in Europe for that reason.

Dave1011 and s_mair like this.
  18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Yeah I heard the same, the white Olympic version will be available in Europe but I'm not sure when.

19. speCulatius

Before the Olympics start, from what I know (anything else would be weird anyway). It already was listed last year for a little while where shops can order, so I assume they already are in stock in the European warehouse.

Dave1011 likes this.
  20. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

It would be great if that happens