ABC need some improvements, here

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by skyjohnny1, Jan 22, 2009.

1. skyjohnny1

skyjohnny1 Regular Member

college student
    i have gone to ABC for a couple times, here's why i dont like it

1. no courts specification: which court for advance player or newb?

2. no obvious reservation list(big and clear): who are reserving, when will they finish?

3. no light insulation from the other court: those clothes on top are transparent.

2. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Being only a year and counting, I think ABC has done a tremendous achievement on serving badminton community in the area. In my opinion, the above concerns are pretty minors and fixable.

1. no courts specification: which court for advance player or newb?
    No one like to be marked as "new-baby". Therefore, sharing and mixing the groups will make the game to be fun and enjoyable to everyone. If one is better, there is a chance for that person to share his/ her skills to the beginners. That is how I believe will encourage new players to get excited and learn new skills.

2. no obvious reservation list(big and clear): who are reserving, when will they finish?
    There is a sign posted on the pole in the respected courts with the name of the person & time.

3. no light insulation from the other court: those clothes on top are transparent.
    I agree on this issue. Probably little cover will minimize the problem.

After all, there is no way to make everyone happy, no matter how hard the facilitators has done. There has to be a balance and decide if the positive features are enough to overcome the negative.

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

I know I don't live in this area, but this one sounds a bit of "picking the bones out of eggs" to be. :rolleyes:

How you want to specify what means advanced and newb? Someone to you might be way of a newb, but to me, might be still too advanced. Also, 2 close friends, 1 is advanced player, 1 is a newb, but they want to play doubles together. Which court (according to your system) they should go? Also, what about the ppl who are in the middle? No courts? :confused: What about say, 5 courts for advanced, 5 courts for beginners, but today, non of the competitive players showed up, but a group of newbies come. So, "waste" the 5 empty courts, because they are not qualified??? :eek:

If you are a regular, you should have a group which you feel comfortable to play with already. If new comer, I am sure the management can help you to arrange or introduce, if you come up to ask. ;)

4. endut

endut Regular Member

Badminton Player
    My concern at this time is the Water Heater. I think it is unethical to let players chilled after the games, especially to those who played until 11:30 PM.

I am not talking of cold refreshing water, like Budweiser advertising. It was freezing water, even my hands could not handle it.

5. sr71bb

sr71bb Regular Member

Yes I can't agree more. William need to get a larger water heater or have two heaters.

6. ABCmanagement

ABCmanagement Regular Member

Rheem Rudd Commercial 3 Phase Water Heater

Sorry to have u guys taken cold water shower in Winter time. We had already ordered a Commercial 3 phase water heater to ease the current one. So we'll have 2 water heaters. One for Lady and one for Men. Hope it can be installed by mid-February. But please still save the water especially hot water. Not just for the club, it's for both you and me and our Globe. Go Green!

ABC Management

7. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    GO Green!!!!----I like that statement: If CHINA ever GO Green- we wouldn't need to recycle anymore. Just joking around, on a serious note: We know you are doing your best, thanks again taking concern for the members.

8. anthonytran

anthonytran Regular Member

Student
    ABC really needs better quality service. I recently had my racket re-strung and there's a bunch of cuts on my racket between every grommet.

9. anthonytran

Student
    I just noticed that there are some nicks in my strings as well...

10. ABCmanagement

ABCmanagement Regular Member

Racquet Restringing

Hi Anthony

1. Do u remember the Claim Ticket number for your racquet?
    2. What String is it now on your Racquet?
    3. What Racquet Model do u have?
    4. When did u leave the Racquet for restringing?
    5. If u don't have the Claim Ticket number, do u still have the receipt?

Maybe u can come to ABC and show your Racquet to me and I'll personally taken care this issue.

Thank You
    William Chan

11. anthonytran

Student
    Hi, William. Unfortunately, I don't remember the ticket number nor do I have the receipt. The string is a BG65 and the racket is a CAB 8600ti. Well, I'm planning on getting a new racket so you guys don't need to worry about the CAB. Thank you for your quick response and consideration. :)

Anthony Tran
    P.S. I think it would be nice if you guys hired more workers so there would be no need for them to go back and forth to the shop and register. Just my opinion :)