ABC mini Survival Single tournament IDEA

Discussion in 'Arcadia Badminton Club ( ABC )' started by SuperBird, May 9, 2009.

1. B@dEyes

B@dEyes Regular Member

@Viper2005
    Are you Lộc?

2. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    CTJCAD: A few suggestions from me:
    - Maybe reserve more courts? If players need to pay extra, let it be..
    - Maybe include a deuce system, which we didn't have y'day?
    - Maybe extend the score to 30 pts/1 game system?

You haven't played in any SuperBird tournament YET??? But, you always seem to have so many Questions & ideas???

Let me answers your questions:

1)Maybe reserve more courts? If players need to pay extra, let it be..

--->You need to understand that Paying extra not going to increase # of players, but it will become more problems and issues to deal with:
    -->This tournament is to promote Mental toughness & give a Fun Challenge for everyone. We all want to play in tournament, but the reasons most of us don't play because a) It too costly b) It running too long hrs: c) You have low % winning

Yeah, I personally played at SGVB Summer Smashed 09 singles & doubles. I paid $25.00 to play per event. I played my first set of singles game at 1:30PM--> I loss, got to play 21pts best out of 3 rounds, but loss both rounds. So now I waited for singles first consolation: I waiting till 10:30PM--->That over 9hrs waiting time---->> I was sleepy & muscle is falling asleep. Same with the doubles--waited 4hrs for the next consolation!!!!

-->>Honestly:$25.00: I could have played 5X SuperBird Events: That is 10 rounds of 21 pts for $25.00 instead of 2 rounds 21pts at SGVB and my chances of winning is less than 5% cause All TOP players like to drop 2 Levels Down!!! & players are extremely GoOd.

Maybe include a deuce system, which we didn't have y'day?

--->This what make SuperBird Survival Tournament Different from all other tournaments. WE want to give that intense excitement, when your score at 20-20, and whoever win 1 more pt. GEt the WIN......I was in this situation, WOW: it feel so good when your that person Catching that 1 pt. It like hitting The River card in POKER!!

Maybe extend the score to 30 pts/1 game system?

--21pts is enough, Why increase 9 more pts? That too much on the players & excitement level Drop. Do you really think it will make a different on the out-come????

---Remember: SuperBird Survival Singles & doubles game ARE played every 6 weeks. So Let keep that excitement. If you lose today, you will train hard and come back again for another challenge 6 weeks later to see how much you have improved. That the Soul reason why we keep it at $5.00--so we don't want to make people go broke playing SuperBird tournament Every 6 weeks. I personally love playing in tournament, If there is a $5.00 tournament anywhere that give MEDALS and WIN $$$$, please let me know: I am a Wal-mart person myself, and I hope to give Everyone the opportunity to have a taste of competition and excitement. If I ever Lucky enough to HIT the LOTTERY: FREE tournaments & PRIZES for everyone: I will Reward $50,000 for First place---Maybe LIN DAN will show UP so I can have 1 good smashed at HIM. I will be happy to take a loss to THE KING OF BADMINTON SINGLES.

Also, We implement the Consolation for 1 round loss participants so Everyone will have a 2 rounds of 21pts. I can see all the players are exhausted and burned OUT after 3 rounds of winning......if you were there, you know what i mean. You need to put yourself in the winners 1,2,3,4 rounds than a full 21pts: best out of 3 games: You're looking at 7 rounds of 21pts within 3-4hr of playing time.

hope to see you in my next SuperBird Event. Good luck.

Eddie :)

By the way, B@dEyes have played SuperBird Events 2X already: Thanks for playing SuperBird Tournament:

B@dEyes told me the reason he can played in SuperBird Tournament because is not too costly and Less time consuming. And he enjoy the friendly groups and make new friends. And best of all he had LOTS of Fun.

3. pramana

pramana Regular Member

Hi All:

After the games, please do not just walk away...
    Let's have dinner together. At least we can hear your side of the stories "LIVE".

:)

4. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    No Fear

NO FEARS: A very cool picture, maybe we can Learn something from this Little Bird w/ big Heart.

:)

Attached Files:

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

My additional 3 sens..

..Viper2005 is the winner of y'day's 2nd SB Singles tourney..;)
    :p..no additional comments on the other replies; pretty much agree with them, esp. on the waiting period for tourneys (yes, i experienced it also before, just hate the waiting)..:cool:

As for the above:
    - The additional fee will pay for the cost of reserving an extra court(s), should there be more players or if a different scoring system is an option.
    If 4 extra players actually had played y'day, the alotted 3 hrs time (2-5 pm) probably won't be achieved as there will be extra matches.
    What are the possible extra problem(s) or issue(s)?
    - The excitement is not missing in a 30 pts system. Yes, i was involved in 3 of the matches recently using a 30 pts system. It was a bit long, but it brought the same of excitement as a 21 pts system. One can also win 30-29. Just takes a bit longer.
    - The extra 9 pts will give those players, who are able to go longer, a chance to rally back should they trail.
    As for whether extending the match an extra 9 pts will matter much or make a difference, it will not make a difference or make much of a difference if the levels of the competitors are ocean apart. However, for similar level players, it should make a more interesting outcome if the pts are longer.
    One example is the Semifinals match between Richard and Vinson. I thought both players are relatively at the same level. I just thought, the outcome could've probably been different if the score had been up til 30 pts (Vinson had the stamina, but i could see Richard was inhaling more air).
    That's just my opinion (and perhaps i echo similar sentiments of others).
    - I'll probably be there for your next XD tourney, Eddie. I'll participate in one of your tourneys so you won't have to tease me abt "asking questions or ideas even if i have yet to play in your tourneys"..:p
    I'll come prepared with a skirt if you guys are lacking ladies players..;)

#25 ctjcad, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  6. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    "I just thought, the outcome could've probably been different if the score had been up til 30 pts (Vinson had the stamina, but i could see Richard was inhaling more air)."--quote from CTJCAD.

Glad you see the Big picture: The players are getting exhausted on Semi-final.

Richard: 21 pts
    Vinson:15 pts

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Yes, of course..^^

:p..players should be exhausted or near exhaustion by the Semifinals round. Isn't that the point of this survival Singles tourney?? that the fittest player survives??..;)

Anyway, my point is, simply by implementing a different scoring system and making it longer, we probably could see a different outcome in that Richard vs. Vinson match.

#27 ctjcad, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  8. y'oinks!

y'oinks! Regular Member

student?
    Hi everyone! Sunday was fun. Nervous enough for me to put on a smiley face the whole time but fun! I didn't mind playing one game to 21pts too much, but this felt much better than waiting hours upon hours to play your next game. I also think it's a great idea to go eat afterwards as Rudy and some others did. By the way, thanks for the invite, Rudy! Too bad I had class early in the morning :(

9. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Viper 2005 is Paul

Who is B@dEyes?

10. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

how about 21 points old scoring system if you guys are looking for a hard core endurance match.

11. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    Time limitation, the tournament wouldn't finish in 3 hours.

Even if using 15 point old system, some players would have a hard time against a consistent defensive player.
    Maybe the old old system of playing 3 games to 7 points old system.:)

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

13. ionoo

ionoo Regular Member

if it is oss, best outta 3 games 7 pts each sounds like good compromise between one set to 21.

Next sb single tournament in 6 weeks?

14. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor
    I have talked it over to a few of our regular SuperBird Players about Best otta 3 games 10 pts EACH.

Since You played in SuperBird Tournament: Please come to me 30 minutes before Game time, so I can ask Everyone If they want to stick with the 21pts straight up or best out of 3 games 10pts or 7pts System. The decision will be based on the Majority of the Players. Since you paid $5.00 to enter the Tournament--> Your voice will be heard, and We will bring that ideas to the Table for the VOTE. Thx. for playing & supporting SuperBird Tournaments.

Eddie-SuperBird

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Props..to a wise "Superbird"..

..you are 1 wise one!!..:cool:
    *If you guys try a different scoring format and most people don't like, then you guys can go back to 21 pts straight up or try another format..:cool:

16. SuperBird

SuperBird Regular Member

Doctor