A Victor Auraspeed 90k Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Joran, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Joran

Joran Regular Member

So I was trying to find a review about this racket for a long time, never really found one. Still decided to buy it. Last weekend I have played with it for a couple hours. So I want to share my opinion. I played witht the Yonex Duora Z-strike (3u) before.

My auraspeed is the 4u version.

First impression: Wow, what a speed compared to my old z-strike. my Z-strike was 3u so the weight is a factor too here. But god damn this racket is fast on defence and drives. The racket is a tad head heavy, just the perfect amount for me. I've heard people say the racket has a "numb" feeling. But I find it to be rather responsive. I use Victor VBS 68 at 28 LBS for strings.

Defence: What a delight. Off course there are rackets faster than the 90k, but for me this is fast enough for sure. not many smashes were able to pierce my defence. Where my old z-strike would bring me in trouble sometimes when on high pressure.

Attack: I had to have in mind that the 90k is about 7 grams lighter. For that the racket has a real decent punch. But I have to be honest. I was able to hit harder bombs with my Z-strike. The playability of the 90k makes up for it though. It is way more forgiving than my z-strike. I can play stick smashes and backhand smashes with ease.

Conclusion:
    90k is a diamond for me. But be sure to watch your own playstyle. The racket is light, so when u have a playstyle of only smashing, this isn't made for you. Also look at the pros. Anders antonsen uses this racket, his playstyle is based on fast pushing and control. If you want more details you can always reply here or send me a PM

2. Hickton

Hickton Regular Member

I'm definitely looking to get one. My understanding is that it is slightly more head heavy and stiff than the ARS90S.

3. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Yes, thats true.

It is slightly more headheavy and stiffer. It is easier to hit stick smashes etc with the 90k.
    But keep in mind that's its a little slower compared to the 90s. For me its fast enough.
    Good luck with your buy :)

4. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Excellent racquet in 3U. Sits perfectly in between N9ii and N7ii. Nearly as powerful as N9ii and nearly as manoeuvrable as N7ii.

A power racquet made out of quite a fast frame. Don’t expect it to be as fast as a BS12 or a 90S but it is so much more potent to end points with one smash.

My racquet of choice (or AN9000C If somewhat better)

5. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Yeah 3u and 4u are almost identical though. The weight difference is only in the handle, frame is pretty much the same.

I just love how easy it is to create a fast stick smash.

6. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I actually just picked myself up one. I mainly play doubles and have used my JS12(lime) for multiple years. Whenever I play singles, the JS12s just weren't enough...

I played a few games with a 90K and instantly fell in love with it. I have no idea how it puts out more power than my JS12s, as it feels lighter in general and less head heavy but it does. It generates more power for singles and is almost on part with speed in doubles.

7. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

Hi Joran,

is there any other racquets you used before other than DZS?

8. Joran

Joran Regular Member

Hi,

Yeah i've used arcsaber 11, voltric 80 and my first racket was the carlton vapour trail tour.

9. Rommel Alastra

ok i hope you got 3U and compare it to DZS and arc11.

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I have the 90k both in 3U and 4U and weirdly I can’t click at all with the 4U version. No power and just marginally quicker. Not worth the trade off.

But the 3U version is really that good

11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Juste to make a quick comparison between 90K and the three racquets I used the most (N9ii, N7ii and BS12), if it can help:

Power (clears): BS12 > N9ii > 90K > N7ii
    Power (smashs): N9ii > 90K > N7ii > BS12
    Speed: BS12 > N7ii > 90K > N9ii
    Control (net): 90K > N7ii > BS12 > N9ii
    Control (back court): 90K > N7ii > N9ii > BS12
    Defence: N7ii > BS12 > 90K > N9ii
    Ease of use: BS12 > N9ii > 90K > N7ii
    Drives: BS12 > N7ii > 90K > N9ii
    Counter: N7ii > BS12 > 90K > N9ii
    Stability: 90K > N7ii > N9ii > BS12

12. Joran

Joran Regular Member

It’s funny because i’ve used both 90k 3u and 4u comming from 3 u Duora z-strike. I prefer the 4u version hands down. I love how easy the racket playabillity is. It really comes down to your own preferences.

I will make the same chart with my rackets:

Power (clears): DZS > ARC11 > 90k
    Power (smashs): DZS > 90k > ARC11
    Speed: 90k > ARC11> DZS
    Control (net): 90K > ARC11 > DZS
    Control (back court): 90K > DZS> ARC11
    Defence: ARC11> 90k > DZS
    Ease of use: 90k> ARC11> DZS
    Drives: DZS> 90k- ARC11 equally
    Counter: 90k> ARC11> DZS
    Stability: DZS> ARC11>90K

13. Joran

Joran Regular Member

you really should not feel a lot of difference though, swing weight etc is almost identical, only difference is weight in the handle between 3u and 4u.

14. Rommel Alastra

Hi Joran,

I assume you are comparing arc11 to a 4U ARS90K? I'm surprised it has more power in smashing.

I have 4U JS S12M. I need a little more effort in doing clear shots. I guess I'm a bit disappointed with its power.

15. Joran

Joran Regular Member

in my view the 90k is way easier to make power compared to the ARC11.
    The ARC11 is more allround, like its a wonderfull racket for any player really.
    But in many ways the ARC11 and 90k are really alike.

To be honest, the power of 90k is just a tad more.
    Just way easier to create it in my opinion.

But it really comes down to your own preferences. I have friends that can smash hard with a 2u racket and cant even deliver small smashes with 4u. Other players are the other way around.

16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Just started to use 90k 4U version because due to the pandemic we weren’t able to play for 4 months and everything 3U feels slow as a brick and hard to play... even for someone like me who remain in a good shape thanks to running and CrossFit...

4U version is a joy to play, easier as expected compared to the 3U one. Of course the power ceiling is lower but there is enough power to win points. I would say it has the same power as a N7ii but it’s much easier to harness it. And the 4U weight makes it easier to smash repeatedly too

17. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

funny that you mention that you're playing your 90k 4u because of the pandemic, I think most baddy players on Earth have to move down to their easy rackets from the muscle loss. The only racket in my bag that's 4U is my 90k, and that has become my main driver. All my other 3u rackets haven't sniffed a hit because they feel like steel pipes with my current arm.

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  18. Joran

Joran Regular Member

it is true that it is easier to repeatedly smash with a 4u racket like the 90k 4u. But in my opinion 4u rackets aren't easier to play hardcore singles or doubles with. i have them strung at 13 kg (28,5 LBS). it is harder to hit constant clear and drives. You really need to use your power to constantly hit these kind of shots. I find my shots getting shorter when tired faster when using a 4u racket. Never the less i do prefer a 4u above a 3u anyday, when i can use both. Dont know why really, just really love my trickshots :) .

19. Rommel Alastra

hello guys,

may I know the total weight of ARS 90K both 4U and 3U? if you have a weighing scale. much appreciated.

20. Martynas

Martynas Regular Member

if someone thinks that 2grams difference can make any difference to attack continuation and recovery, than may be it would be easier just to go and have big poo before the game :)

yenyesoh and Father Parrot like this.