A tidbit on hybrid stringing...

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    I'm at about 75 these days.

Trying to lose some of it again.

If the TX strings turn out to be soft, they could make some interesting pairings. Seems like they'd go well with 62F, or maybe BG66 Force.

2. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    TX from all I've read is soft core with hard coating. I'm imagining a rough 65ti. Regardless if it's anything like 65ti, I'll love it.

3. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I purchased two packs of the new zymax 64 tx and 68 tx. I should receive them this week or early next week. I can’t wait to test them out .

visor likes this.
  4. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    No.1 x Aerosonic, nothing special to write home about.

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Lucky. I want the 64 TX :(

6. Konquerian

I just checked the tracking for my order, and it is arriving on Monday. 2 packs of 64 tx and 68 tx, I can't wait to try them.

I'll take a picture for you .

7. Konquerian

I received my order today, and here's the picture as promised . I think I'll restring my n9ii with the 64tx to test these strings, and then I'll see if they are worthy enough for a hyrbrid combo .[​IMG]

swsh and visor like this.
  8. rbynck

rbynck Regular Member

Just strung my DZS with BG80 + AS at 30/31 lbs and can't wait to try it out. Hopefully it will be like a better Aerobite!

EDIT: Great first impressions. Not as hard as BG80 on its own, however still keeps a lot of the feel from it. A lot like Aerobite, however with a more solid feel.
    I'll have to string my other DZS with Aerobite @ 30/31 to see if the price tag of Aerobite can be justified

#188 rbynck, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    For a more aerobite style feel 80p serves as a better substitute personally for AS than pure 80 since it's more rubbery.

10. badmintonbois

badmintonbois New Member

I am going to be trying N99/Bg80p, N99/N98, and Bg80P/N98, for mains/cross respectively, I will be stringing 32/33 on the new Duora 8xp, will report back after I get them strung.

11. Joannes

Joannes Regular Member

Waiting for your update.

12. Decimator

Decimator Regular Member

I couldn't go through all of the posts but can anyone tell me which combination works the best?

13. llrr

llrr Regular Member

There's no "best" combination, only what you prefer.

14. Decimator

Decimator Regular Member

I was thinking of getting BG 80 as the mains but what should I use for the Crosses? ND will it be durable?(I play with plastic shuttles)

15. SweString

SweString New Member

Next time my string snap. I'll try BG80 as main and Areosonic as cross. 24/24.

16. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    The better question is 'What do I get out of each string?'; I wanted power and control, so I combined BG80 for control with Li Ning #1 for power. I think you need to have a good understanding of what each string can provide to use them effectively in a hybrid.

I doubt mixing RKEP 70Ti with LN #1 would be better than pure #1, for example. The 70Ti doesn't really have anything to bring to the table when compared with #1. While RKEP 70Ti is a good budget string, it doesn't offer anything in this circumstance, you would just be getting a worse experience than #1 on its own.

In my opinion, mixing a control string with a power string is the best option, but you may also want to string based on feeling and power, or feeling and control. Let's say you really like a softer string, like BG 66F, but you don't like losing control, you might pair it with something like NBG99 to get a balance between control, power, and feeling that suits your tastes.

I think my combo of 80/No.1 is good because you get some of the control of BG80, the power of Li Ning No.1, and the harder feeling from BG80 that mixes nicely with the fairly solid feel of No.1. So you can see how the strings are matched for various properties, in this case I matched for feel, and had difference for control and power. I think it works in a sort of triangle, where you want some alignment, and some differences.

17. Decimator

Decimator Regular Member

I wan
    . I want power control hard feeling and durability but I guess BG80/N0.1 won't be able to provide the durability so is there any alternative for that?

18. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Well, if durability is your main factor, you could always opt for thicker mains. Mains usually break before crosses. You'd need to find something that matches the other aspects of your thicker string.

So you could use something like BG65 Ti for your mains, and then look at something like NBG98 for your crosses to increase repulsion. EDIT: Maybe something like ZM62F would work well as a cross with BG65Ti too.

19. Decimator

Decimator Regular Member

Bu
    But then Won't I lose on control? As BG65TI has titanium coating and slippery...What about NBG 99 as mains?

20. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Both 65Ti and NBG98 have sucky control :p You could try 99 as mains. There's experimentation involved with this. Like I said you need to figure out what you want from each string, and proceed accordingly from there.