A New Club in Toronto

Discussion in 'Mandarin Badminton' started by Winning Touch, May 2, 2003.

1. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    i think you have to pay an additional fee for tickets.... and each ticket is 3 hrs or something... i THINK.... but all in all not bad if ur on summer break

2. Reynar

Reynar Regular Member

Student
    Jus_anothr_grl, Nanashi do either of you know if the pro-shop is open to the public? Also what are the prices like compared to Lee's and Yo's? I don't know if I can afford to join but I'd like to have another choice of retailer.

3. tarepanda

tarepanda Regular Member

Automotive Service Technician Apprentice and Colle
    Didn't someone say here that the prices are going to be the same as Yo's...

Tare Panda

4. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    i don't know what the prices are, but i'm probably going back there on thursday... so i can check...

5. Excel

Excel New Member

Nanashi,

You sound like you are so good in badminton. Susanna offering you to become a assistant coach there and you refuse to do it. However, I was informed by someone at lee's that you used to be on their team. And the reason that you left was because Troy KICKED you out of the team. From what I heard was that he said you have NO HOPE in badminton. THERE NO WAY FOR YOU TO IMPROVE IN ANYWAY!! So he gave up on u. My friend told me that troy has never kicked anyone off the team b4, if he did that to you, then I guess you really ain't that good. Do you want to verify with what I just said?? Is it true?? If it is, then there's no way you can or be offered to become an assistant coach at the new club. Looking forward to what you would respond to this.

6. Nick

Nick Regular Member

Racquet Services
    Excel no offence you're being kind of rude and i doubt Troy Chandra would do that. He comes from a badminton background so i wuoldn't base anything on hearsay. Besides it's irrelevant. Nanashi has been nothing but curtious in this forum so why start something. In anycase try to just chill :)

Cheers,
    Nick

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Excel,

I have no idea why u start something like this.

It's true, I don't know the whole "story" or any relationship between ur 2 and the entire group over there. However, from what I read in the thread, Nanashi basically just provide some useful info for club members. I really don't think there's anything wrong with it.

To me, providing info or being offered (or not) sort of assistant job has nothing to do with skill level or what so ever. It's just a matter of willing to help others or not, but not as a "show off" basis.

Plus, a lot of stuff u talked about are extremely personal issues. I really don't think it's proper to discuss such things in public. I don't think he really need to report / explain anything to anyone of us, regardless whether his skill level.

Please don't start a "war" just on rumors, or under some "temper". So far, this thread is informative for a lot of members, I don't want to see it's been shut down, just for some non-sense.

8. Ugly_FootWurk

Ugly_FootWurk Regular Member

Excel = Jenn Lee or one of her minions? If so it all makes sense... ROFL

Don't hate Nanashi just because he was offered a job that you really wanted (but could not get... might I add).

"If it is, then there's no way you can or be offered to become an assistant coach at the new club. "

IF IN THE CASE, that Nanashi has been kicked off the Lee's team by TROY which he probably didn't... but i'll let him reply to that. WHY WOULD HE NOT be able to become an assistant coach? IF you are implying that IF he was kicked off Lee's team.. he's probably not skilled enough, then why would susanna get him to assistant coach in the first place. IF he wasn't to the level of Lee's team and got kicked off then what makes you think he couldn't of improved? Or else why would susanna ask him to become an assistant coach and risk ruining the reputation of the Mandarin club.

What am I trying to get at here? Don't get your nose in other people's business and make accusations based on rumors.... instead spend that time on training for badminton. If you do that the chance of YOU being offered a job as assistant coach will be a bit greater. Still don't get my drift? M.Y.O.B

And might I add. Who the hell are you? Don't try to act so tough just because you're hiding behind a screen name.

BTW - Why am i replying to this? Because I have nothing better else to do.... And would just like to add Nanashi can be a pretty good coach.. based on what i've seen. =)

9. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    1) i don't understand how someone can "sound" good in badminton.... you can only judge a player by well... how he/she plays...and i don't believe i've ever said anything along the lines of "i am god, i can own anyone"... in fact, i believe i've constantly told everyone that i am not a good player
    2) i did not refuse the job because i thought i am above it... hell, raymond wong is an assistant coach and he can own me with his left hand.... i refused because:
    a) i am volunteering this summer
    b) i am learning 3 courses this summer (algeo, chem and bio)
    c) i have a part time job
    d) whatever spare time i have that i'm not doing the above 3, i would like some time to myself or to hang out with friends...
    3) yes i was on their team
    4) was i kicked off? i really have no idea.... i left after one month because of conflict with my schedule, so if i was kicked off, whatever, i don't care...
    5) if there is no way for me to improve, then that's pretty sad for the other... uh... 100 sumthing ppl on the U19 list, seeing as how they can't beat someone "that can't improve" when i was apparently told this over a year ago... and like i've always said i really "ain't" that good...
    6) since when did you have to be a good player to be a good coach?
    7) would you like written confirmation that i was offered this position?? how about we make it interesting? if i can prove that i was offered the job, you give me $500 if you're such a disbeliever?

10. Excel

Excel New Member

Nanishi,

To be honest, i didn't really mean to put u down or something. I just want to hear what you would respond to such thing that a friend of mine told me. I also went to the Mandarin club to play, I thought it would be a lot better than this though, taking into the consideration that they are backed up by a wealthy golf club. I was expecting something like Granite or at least B&R style. Of course, with the mats aswells.

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Excel,

My suggestion is, for "unconfirmed" information like that, if u really want to know, better using email or PM next time. From ur previous post, I feel the wording were very offensive / rude. Also, I think "personal issues" should not be dicussed in public without permission.

So, seems u just want to find the "truth" and not on purpose against any individual? What about a polite apology, and let's have a friendly "hand shake" and back to the real info only topics?

#71 LazyBuddy, Jul 11, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2003
  12. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Sorry... double post by mistake...

13. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    man that is the weakest reply i have EVER heard.

14. Jus_anothr_grl

Jus_anothr_grl Regular Member

student
    Ok ok ok...as much as we all wanna defend Nanashi can we PLEASE refrain from biting each other's head off? I mean, Excel said that he/she didn't mean it and he/she's new here so common, give 'em a break. I mean, there's was quite a bit of controversy at BF a couple weeks ago and I REALLY dont want this thread to be locked 'cause it's one of my favourites. Peace, anybody?

15. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
  16. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    right on! :D

anyway, i'll be there tommorow... i guess i can go check if they have all their exercise equipment then....

17. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    I can confirm that Nanashi SUCKS!...
    He is the most horrible player I have ever met!
    And he doesn't deserve to play because he donesn't like the sport!

Just kidding....Nanashi is GOOD!....he can own me so easily....:rolleyes:

18. Sweet Yave

Sweet Yave Regular Member

Student
    Who's on the mandarin Team so far? raymond, kevin, cynthia, sb told me hoong and han joined, who else?

19. reaper

reaper Regular Member

Retired badminton player, LOL =P PRE-MED STUDENT (
    I'm on the team.

20. Nanashi

Nanashi Regular Member

Student
    wow, hoong and han are on the team now? interesting.....

anyway, susanna asked me to join the team (she's practically forcing me) but we'll see...