A new Badminton Enthusiast

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Opace, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Opace

Opace Regular Member

High School Student
    Hey there,

I've loved the athletic sport of Badminton since I was very young. Perhaps it was the influence of Malaysian pride in Badminton inherited from my father.. I don't know. But what I do know is I finally got the chance to start and train Badminton a few months ago at the start of High School, here in Melbourne Australia.

My goal is to be in the 1st team for my school in a years time and beating my friend who has played Badminton for several years (currently #2 seed in the 1sts). It is a far away goal and I hope to reach it faster with the help of the badminton community.

I won't say I have talent in the sport. However, my body remembers the shots after several sessions and I love using tactics and deceit to defeat my opponents. Maybe my extreme enthusiasm in the sport is of a rarity that allows me to improve.

I hope to meet most of you and talk about Badminton and its finer qualities with you all!

Information:

Height: 179.5cm
    Weight: 76kg
    Body build: Fairly large for a 14 year old

Raquet: Wilson nCode - XChamp
    Frame Weight: 88g - 92g
    String Tension: Not sure but fairly strong
    Flexibility: Stiff

My favourite aspect of Badminton: Deception
    The area I think Badminton is most emphasised on: Many people around me say things like 'Smash it hard and no one can return it,' or 'Hit it to the space and they won't get it back'. I personally disagree. I think footwork is the most important.. but that's just my opinion; I'm not really sure if my friends are wrong or right.
    Personal Motto: "A True Genius has naught but one talent; a talent to strive and work harder."

See you all around the forums!

~Opace

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCBF, Opace!:)..It's always neat to hear someone young and enthusiastic about playing baddy and esp. already looking fw to more challenging matches. And yes, we have many dedicated BCers from the Melbourne area.
    Anyway, do have fun in here and best wishes for your future baddy endeavors!;):cool:

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hello..
    welcome to the forum!

4. badwally

badwally Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Hello from Canberra

Welcome indeed Opace. I travel to Melbourne quite often as my son plays in the National Junior Tournament every year for his age group. He is currently under 15 but next year will be under 17. So we may meet sometime. Enjoy your time here and do read through some of the treads on technique. You can learn alot for the people here...

5. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Welcome to the forum