A Good Knot

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by heroclass, Apr 12, 2015.

1. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO the Jorg knot is a good starter, but tightening 2 loops properly is a trickier thing. I also don't have problems that my parnell or toshi sink in as tie-off, so it's easier to pull out all slack during tightening with just one loop and lock. If you pull the first loop too tight, you have problems to pull the second properly. TBH I never thought about it to use it as tie-off, because with toshi and parnell everything is fine. :)

2. Hakhak

Hakhak Regular Member

Thank you, I guess I will try learn another Knot. ^^

3. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    So I had another go at what I think is a Toshi knot. After rewatching the video i see that I added the main in the last loop too, so not quite there.

Its very secure but doesn't include the extra tightening of the "kwun knot". I don't think I mind this as I have stripped ultimax in the past by going too eager on the sawing motion to pull the initial loop tight. Using it as a starter it held 26lb pulled on the first cross.

2nd pic from the other side, looks a little better.

3rd pic:
    Look at that biggun! I did a double end-loop. Looks good for a starter! So the little one is the one I used as a starter and my tie-off looks bigger. I'll swap these over in future. Its so neat and bulky I'm going to try it again.

ToshiIsh1.jpg ToshiIsh2.jpg ToshiIshStarter.jpg

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I found another one in a new thread - when I have occasion to use it I will comment and photograph.

5. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I would like to bump the knot you have mentioned once more and I think it makes sense to link the thread in here - there you go:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/index.php?threads/anybody-know-the-name-of-this-knot.169347/

I tried this one on the last couple of rackets and I am highly impressed. It's very, very easy to do and to pull tight and even if it doesn't look that bulky, it still sits on top of the grommet comfortably. I tried it up to 13 kg (28.6 lbs.) and after two sessions, it hasn't moved further into the grommet at all.

Best part: Especially with LN1 and the Toshi it happened quite often that the outer layer got separated from the core when tightening the knot in the end. With this knot, the issue has completely disappeared. So if you are dealing with strings that get stripped easily, that's a knot you must try!

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I also use the knot since a while. As a starter a use my Joergi Knot. It's also very comfortable when you have a high top cross and not much space to tie-off the mains. very simple and comfortable. Holds tension also very well.