A completely new badminton club will be opened soon in Richmond Hill

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by markhamplayer, Jan 13, 2007.

1. 100deep

100deep Regular Member

its like 6-9 on Fridays and idontknowcuzmomwantsmetogotochurch on Sunday... X(

@Neo after June16 bookings are like 25% off, unless u ddnt got ur bonus card w ur membership.... (so thas wut $15 and $18 rentals evenings and weekends? my maths is better then my spelling LAWL)

2. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i need more info on drop in. age limit and do i provide my own shuttles? Feathers?

3. Neo1337Bird

Neo1337Bird Regular Member

Student
    when did they have the 25% off thingy? i didn't even get my membership yet... they said we get it like after june 15th or sumthing. oh well i have lesson on sunday

4. benchan

benchan Regular Member

Friday 6-9 and Sunday 10-1. You have to bring your own bird and under 19 is okay??? Who's going??? I want to have some good games. LOL

5. My DY

My DY Regular Member

L O L just call them up sillybear... 905-918-1318 ^^
    who would be more clear than them? xixi

xiaoyu

6. Neo1337Bird

Student
    i went to the drop in at this place one the first week. it was SO boring cause all the people weren't really good.

7. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i didn't go because i slep at 1 after my exams and woke up at 12 :eek:

i shall entertain you next week

8. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    I just called them and they told me that Senior drop in is from 10-12 on Sunday mornings only. I wanted to ask her more questions, but she sounded like she was in a rush so I just let her go. Does anyone know if I'm able to rent a court and have me and my friends play there? How much does it cost and for how long? Thanks.

9. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

i'll scan everything i got yesterday tonight.

court rental depends on time of the day and day of the week

10. david07

david07 New Member

Student
    Can you send me the things u scanned too please.

11. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    Thanks alot chrishin!

12. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

it's in the car 8 floors under me :p

i'll tell you what i know though

(all annual with no initiation fee)
    jr membership (up to age 17) is $60
    i think adult is 80 or 100.

jr drop in on fridays 6-9 sunday 10-1

there's lady's drop in

and something about sr drop in being more frequent.

private ranges from 35 to 60. (per hr private) 60 is the head coach that won the medal. There's semi private highest being 90. (if you are not member add 5 per hr extra)

all these things you need to add 6% tax for

13. My DY

My DY Regular Member

they gota special rite now where if you refer a new member you get free courts. was there last night got my best girlfriend signed up YAY we used the
    free courts riteaway ^________^ DUBL-YAY!!

& the lady said that membership comes with a discount card that makes courts cheaper if we use it. its like one of those buy-X-get-1-free stamper cards at Subway (mmm louisiana chicken sub)

<<<<< misses those $10 court days... V__V

but s'ok tho cause even reg price when we go with "4 mmbrs its $5-6 per person- better than $4 at the comunity centre with the low ceiling and hafta roundrobin next to the b-ball net with the floor lines drawn for 50 diffirent sports... god xiaoyu do the math... >___>" -Billy
    (yea thats the msn Billy sent me to get me to join hehehe)

never piss off a girl who saves her msn conversations xixixixixi :cool:

xiaoyu

dun worry Billy i still wuv u diiiiis much \____(.^________^.)____/

14. samman

samman Regular Member

"4 mmbrs its $5-6 per person- better than $4 at the comunity centre"

One hour is just enough to warm up.... isn't it kinda pricy for $12+tax each member to have a two hours rental? It will be a better deal for an all day $12+tax drop-in in Mandarin.

15. Neo1337Bird

Student
    yeah it's sorta pricy playing at flying dragon. but then if u refer more people into it u get free courts:) i think if i was going for drop in i would go to lee's even though i hate the staff there. or maybe go for junior drop in with like 4 friends

16. My DY

My DY Regular Member

I understand where you're coming from, Samman. It depends how you look at it, silly... $$/time-at-a-club or $$/games-played

Its $12 at Mandarin, but you have to roundrobin with strangers, during the 2 hour period.
    For $12 at flying dragon, i can have 2 hours of uninterrupted play....

I can probably finish more 21-pt games in the 2 hours than someone doing drop-in at Mandarin for 3 hours... Its so annoying to have to stop playing right when it was getting exciting because my turn is over.

i'm paying the same price, and i get to choose between waiting for my turn with strangers and getting a dedicated court. So it's actually a better deal at Flying Dragon bc my time is also valuable to me. ^__^ To each their own.

17. Neo1337Bird

Student
    oh it round robin at mandarin? i didn't know. i've never been there. lee's is sorta round robin but most of the time no one is waiting so u can play for the whole hour or two:)

18. samman

samman Regular Member

My_DY, I think you are comparing apple and orange.

You pay $12 playing two hrs at Flying Dragon if you're a member. You only pay $4 per visit from 9:00am – 3:00pm, including weekends if you're a Mandarin daytime member ($100/yr membership).

If you go to Mandarin with friends, you always can stay with them. You are right that you might need to take turns if the courts are busy. If not, you can have the court of your own. Same sort of idea as Lee’s.

I prefer to take a break every couple games (maybe you don’t need it) and it is the idea that you play with other players, hopefully higher level than yours, from time to time. There are opportunities to play with players at provincial/nation level, unless all your friends are already at that level ;--).

19. Player13

Player13 Regular Member

lol u just said commented that mydy is comparing apples to oranges, then you talk about Flying Dragon regular membership compared to Mandarin daytime member... :rolleyes: noobsauce

I wish all this new club hurrah came out when i was takin economics... I couldve don my 10+page, single-spaced, typed essay on how the local competition reacted to the new business...
    much more interesting than "Canada's Role in Global Petroleum" (At least i got an A-)

20. My DY

My DY Regular Member

Like I said, to each their own. If you like that place then thats fine... dont have to say mean things about my firends playing levels:crying:

but samman's right. I am comparing apples to oranges. its just that i like oranges so much more ^________^

flying dragon is better for me cyuz they have nice new courts, dont have to wear just white tops, they have friendly staff (cute guy there on some weekends hihi).

renting courts by the hour allows me to entertain guests comin from HK this summer, or just get some exercise with my kid sister without waiting in line. i cant get that at other places. Mandarin has a white-only policy. how am i supposed to be fashionable in only white? :confused: a group of my friends went there and got turned away once cuz of that. I wasnt there, but my girlfriend said the lady freaked cuz there was more red than white on her top. :( Do I really have to wear white to enjoy badminton? :(

I dunno... its just gto a better atmosphere there. Its got that kind of exclusivity-feel to it. Sure I can go to McDonalds for their $4 special, but I'd rather go to Baton Rouge. Yes its more expensive, but it makes me feel like i'm in a different class, because i get good service, they have a nice facility, and not everyone goes there. I feel special :p

xiaoyu