A Big Slap To Liyongbo

Discussion in 'Thailand Open 2007 / China Open (1) 2007 / Philipp' started by the_way, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speed & Power

Speed & Power Regular Member

Nope...i don't think its a BIG slap to LiYongBo b'coz overall he still secured 4 titles out of 5. By the way, LiYongBo slapped whoever the Indon coach is in the Indonesian Open 07 by securing 3 titles infront of capacity Indon crowd and placing a finalist in every event. LiYongBo's charges(seeded 5th) even beat the Indon Mixed Doubles who are the top seeds in the finals too, convincingly!

I don't know what's wrong with some of you ppl being so childish over things which happens all the time in sports(favorites falls to underdogs)....I don't remember a thread like this being posted when the Indonesian Open just concluded(something like "Big Slap" on Joko Suprianto's face).

2. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I am against this tomboy way of playing... why can't they field players like the russian tennis players... cute and powerful like Maria Sharapova, next time I see tomboys playing I think I'll have to watch via live scoring instead of watching on tv :D

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i dont think its a big slap.... its like a light pinch to remind the arrogant LYB that he is not all supreme...

would like the indo players to start winning more... kind of boring to see china vs china again and again in the women's department, makes many people lose interest (bad for the sport)...

4. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Totally agree with you, winning 4 out of 5 titles would be a pretty good achievement in any sort of tournment! We could say we disagree with LYB's way of conducting his business but than he does bring results which is why he is where he is today....

5. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

totally disagree. if winning 4 titles out of 5 is a big slap on LYB's face, we can conclude Japenese losing Japan Open 06 titles in front of home crowds is a big big slap on Japenese coach's face.

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    in any bone dry desert, a rare rain storm will release full bloom of desert flowers (and weeds) because the next rain is prolly decades away;)

It's not that long ago that tbh/kkk are the next savior.
    When simon santoso beat an injured LD, simon is the next china wall breaker. Things haven't change much:D

#26 cooler, Jul 15, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2007
  7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Nevertheless, this rare win gives hope not just for INA, but for the rest to try achieve the same result. We always thought of the WD event as a Chinese Great Wall reinforced with thick concrete barriers, the fact that the INA WD has poked holes into the wall gives rise to possibilities.

The fact that the 2 INA girls had very strong mental capacity helped in this victory. Maybe now, PBSI will relook into their women's training programme and return to the glory of the 80s and 90s.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

The china wall is currently under 'renovation' :D
    INA and MAL fans shouldn't get their hope too high as any not too far away future disappointment could make u feel really really depress:p

#28 cooler, Jul 15, 2007
  9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

3 games of
    12-21 21-15 21-16.
    Demolished? LOL

10. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

Why do ppl rejoice at others' downfall?? Glad to read one or two sensible & impartial comments posted by adults - get me.

The recent Chn Master was one of the best tournaments in that there were reps from Eng, Mas, Indo in 4 of the final matches which says that home ground advantage plays only a small part as we have seen so many all Chn finals outside China. All the winners deserved an applaud incl. XXF. As Gillian Clark rightly pointed out, China players used to be accused of things, but it isn't so as she observes.

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Totally agree. A big slap is a perfect description in terms of the effects felt. LYB will feel temporary pain and shame which is what a slap delivers. But make no mistake;he will make sure it does not happen again.
    Meanwhile, congrats to INA WD scratch pair for a magnificent victory ,breaking down CHN's last fort of WDs. And to achieve it in front of the home crowd, that's style added to substance. Truly a feat to celebrate and savour.Enjoy.

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    1st : testing the court and windraft
    2st,3rd set : get used to court and windraft and started to 'strom' china :D :p

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design

It takes time to go salon, etc....:D:D you are so demanding....you want it good pair and pretty..:D:D:D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

nice try. In double, INA were clearing too much becos they're being owned in game 1. Dont give me that crap about testing the winddraft in doubles. Maybe of course u play doubles differently, like clearalot LOL

#34 cooler, Jul 15, 2007
  15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Who is Gillian Clark? As a veteran commentator, she still needs continuing education from Morten Frost on how to commentate objectively.In the SC07,MF had to diplomatically cut short her regular CHN grovelling.Hope MF can commentate more often because his comments are objective, diplomatic yet effective, and most of all ( to a kindergarten level like me anyway) educational.
    Gillian Clark badly needs a refresher course.

16. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Lets see if Butet/vita can repeat their performance again IN PO! If they can clear all the way to semifinal ( which is very possible), they will meet ZTT/YW again...since they play in neutral place...lets see who will excel...Of course I hope that INA can win again...as we need more WD from Korea/ENG/INA to challenge CHN WD dominance....
    Lets not debate about this thread....good for INA to win..again it is not big slap for LYB....lets move on....

17. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    just woke up (9.53 am, drinking a milk)

ya let's move on..

vita/lilyana should be aware now, i believe LYB has done an 'autopsy' on vita/lilyana to find their weakness.

ok it's not a big slap, just a little slap maybe :D

18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Not a big enough slap... [yet]

After reading everybody's posts, I agree that Lili-Vita's win is not a big enough slap on LYB. INA and the rest of the world have to win many more titles in many tournaments to give him multiple slap-slap-slap... :p Next big chance to slap-slap-slap is to prevent LYB from winning anything at this year's KL World Championship! ;)

If China sweeps all 5 titles in the World Championship... then it is also fair to say that LYB slaps all the rest of the world for not being able to compete at a high enough level... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

19. shanisen3200

shanisen3200 Regular Member

Goldsmith
    In my opinion, lady who play in Mix double before or simultaneously has a little bit advantage in playing WD but not always.

I 've a feeling tend to love this new WD INA pair.ah........

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

leave me out of this slaping bandwagon. I prefer spanking:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.