99pro 88s pro , victor jetspeed s1

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chienx, Jan 21, 2022.

1. chienx

chienx New Member

Hi
    I am beginner -intermediate player. Bought 99pro and like the power but feel bit heavy.
    I was Thn get a 88s pro and it feel better for me.
    I tried jetspeed s1 from friend and get a very diff feel from it. I am not sure if that is a good option if looking for a power racket but not heavy. I am better in defence.

Anyone can feedback more bout the s1? Any other brand that similar to it? Bit hard to find that model in my country.

2. Hoang_Ks

Hoang_Ks New Member

You can try 88d pro, power but not heavy, it is a offensive racket but quite good at deffensive.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using Tapatalk

3. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Stick with one of it. 99 pro are just releases & then you mention getting 88S pro. So i assume both are in new shape.

Getting new racket wont makes your games better like night & day. Not to mention there is always adjustment/adaptation phase every time you change racket. Sometimes its require short time, some other not quite easy to tame & need longer time.

4. chienx

chienx New Member

hi
    ya understand that racket wont make me better overnight. But i wonder it is i should get something easier to handle for now. Bought the two because the shop recommended me the two. I am still very new in this so i just proceed with the recommnedation.

5. Budi

Budi Regular Member

As you said 99 feel heavier & 88s feel better, what you feel lack on 88s then so that you think need another racket?

Both are on the stiff side btw. If you are looking for more forgiving one, then you might want to look at more flex racket like for example 77. It will cost you your control side for sure. But do you really need those great control from stiff racket? Coz when i play with my beginner friend, im basically able to beat them with any random high flex racket + old string as when im doing a bad shot, they are not fast/good enough to kill it. Different story on higher league, little mistake & it will punish you very badly.

For my sugestion is still the same especially beginner.
    Dont get eaten by the hype of high end racket. Unlike smartphone or cars, where more expensive one having more feature & luxury. Expensive high end racket are more demanding to use. Without proper technique & strength you wont be able to unleash its full potential.
    For now just enjoy the games while improving yourself. Dont be to picky with racket, any mid flex 4U 290-295BP are good to go. While on it, borrow friend racket to have a test drive. In long run after trying many racket im sure you get insight of what kind of racket you like.

6. s6edge

s6edge Regular Member

I heard the jetspeed s1 is an excellent all around racket. How is the jetspeed s1 for you?

7. chienx

chienx New Member

I
    I am now worry that I bought high end model and should I get a lower end or mid range one for me to learn it. Will that help me in my skills or should I stick at the same one…

8. chienx

chienx New Member

Ya it feel great when use it but I cannot find this model
    In market anymore… is there something that give similar feel of this racket?

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Don’t worry since you already bought the racquets.

Because you are learning to play, you can use either of these racquets. The reason for buying a midrange racquet is if you haven’t got a racquet or just a very old one.