900 Swing Power vs. Ti-Swing Power

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Zclyh3, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    Now I know that there is already a thread talking about the 900 Swing Power. But in this thread, I want to know which one is better. Better as in quality, durability and how it feels. So all in all, which one should I get? The original Yonex Isometric 900 Swing Power? Or the Yonex Isometric Ti-Swing Power? Any personal feelings should be added as well as facts. Thanks for all the replies. I used a 900 Swing Power SR on Saturday and could feel the explosive power strung with Bg 68 Ti at 21 lbs. Oh yeah..I plan on getting a SX version. I currently own a Ti-10 and a MP100. Both rackets which are very stiff..so that's why I want the SX.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    I would not recommend the SX unless you have a very strong arm becuase you will wear your arm out in a while. I tried it myself and I did not like the feeling at all. The SA is very good too.

Ti Swing Power is stronger in power (1 level stiffer than original), but I think the quality and durability are about the same as I talked to a badminton sales rep about the rackets. Maybe try out the Ti SA since it does have the stiffness of the originla SR. SR is a bit more head heavy while SA is more average.

Try all the rackets out before you come to a decision.

3. shaun

shaun Regular Member

Theatre boy!!
    is there a big difference in stiffness between the SR and SA?
    The SR seems appealing due to its balance(310mm, SX=305mm).

4. Zclyh3

Zclyh3 Regular Member

Not employed during academic school yeah
    I've used the Ti-10 and the MP100 for a long time. So I don't really think that the SX version would really make my arm tired out. Ah hell..maybe I should just get both rackets...heheheh

5. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well you should try it first. Get like a demo. I tried the SX and my arm worn out pretty quickly after a couple of hard smahes. With the SA which is about exaclty the same (except for the stiffness and lightly), I did not have any problems with it.

6. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    With that balance point, it just makes it feel a bit more head heavy. The SA also has a balance point of 305mm.

7. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    I just recently bought the ISP-900 SX too (was intending to get SR in the first place but the order was wrong)

Well I haven't try any of the SR yet but the SX was like wat most ppl say, really gimme an "explosive surprise" when I try out the racket. I strung it with 22lbs BG-80 btw and I can feel the power when smashing now.

But like what Matt has say, the head is pretty heavy and I do feel a bit sore after playing. I think it's really up to me to train up my arm power to make myself "worthy" for this racket :) Since I can't change back to SR...oh well ^_^

8. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    It maybe take some time to train up for it but I guess it will be ok for you if you really like to keep the SX. The timing for me with that racket is like a lot slower than if I had the the SA.

9. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    Yeah the 81g of the SR and SA really looks attractive. Too bad the store messed up my orders, sigh.... :__(

Was actually looking forward for SR to improve my team play, however, is SR or SA good for singles too?

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    way better than sx or ss

11. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    Doh..... :(

Makes me drool.....

Maybe I should buy another SR/SA for doubles? :( Hope I can struck lottery for this week.... :)

12. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I've 900SS SX and TiSP SA. I think they are very different racquets. Fyi, I've MP-100 and Ti-10 too, I agree with you that 900 SX is a tough racquet - in my opinion, it is the stiffest, most head heavy Yonex racquet I ever played with (mine is a CN racquet). If you have strong arm, you can produce very powerful smash with 900 SX, but most of my other shots become worse when I use this racquet (mine was strung with BG68Ti at 24 lbs).

On the other hand, while TiSP SA is light, it is not good for smash (at least for me) even I can swing the racquet faster. I will say it is a racquet primarily for defense.

There are racquets which have the best of both worlds for me, therefore I rarely use these racquets nowadays.

13. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yup the smash is a bit weak with the SA, but as long as you have the speed you can make good use of it. My classmate who plays badminton has a very strong arm can do a very good smash with the SA.(original). Even a lot power powerful than mine since he can go to full strength can make the bird go past the whole court if he wanted. I can do it too but it's weaker but also he is taller.

14. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Well it depends on your own prefernces. I know a classmate who is good in single and doubles by just using the SS(original).

Blitz, can't you get an exchange of the racket becuase the company should be liable for sendig you the wrong racket in the first place.

I like the SA a bit better than the SR since the SR is a bit more head heavy and an increased distnace on balance point. Maybe you can try the Ti SA since it has the stiffness of the original SR.

15. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    I'm now trying hard to change the racket but the hope is quite slim.....

Seems like the order has gone right somewhere between my friend's communication with the distributor (I ordered through my friend as she knew someone from there).

So if I can get an exchange, your recommendation is for me to get a SA?

BTW, what's a Ti SA? Is it the usual Titanium version?

Thanks!

16. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Blitz,

I would recommend the SA if you like to swing fast and do very quick shots. It also saves you energy as well. If you have a very strong arm and wrist, you can really make good use of the SA with a very fast smash. Also it's usefull to a powerful ones as well when you really need it.

The Isometric Ti Swing Power SA is the replacement of the orginal 900 SA. Yes this one has tiantium in it. Plus the racket has about the same stiffness as the 900 SR.

17. ari

ari Guest

is SS any good?no one seems to prefer the SS?whats wrong with it?if the head is not too heavy,isn't it good?if i only focus on smashing and long clearing,which type should i choose?thans

18. Blitz

Blitz Regular Member

Daydreaming
    I do like to swing fast as that's the reason I wanted to get SR in the first place (I dunno whether SR or SA is good that time) I'm more of an defensive player than a smasher.....

Thanks for the advice....hmm....will see what I can do to exchange the rackets. 81g is really too tempting :)

19. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Blitz,

SR is a regular type of racket which provides consistancy with shots. It's a bit stiffer than the SA and the balance is more to the head (5 mm more forward than the SA), which makes it a bit more heavy.

SA's balance is more centralized so you can almost do any type of hit with this one in my opinion. Light headed too =) Yes 81 grams is temping, as I used to have SR and SA until I sold them. I'm just glad that my mom came from from HK and has gotten me the Ti SA racket. I can't wait to try it when I leave tommorow from the USA to go back to my Canadian home to try it out. I'll give you some info about it when I go back tommrow. I'll just give it a couple of smacks, that's all =)

20. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Re: 900 Swing Power vs. Ti-Swing Power (correction)

The heavier head in the SR will result in a slower head speed.

2nd paragraph, I ment that my mom came back from HK to Canadaafter visiting there.

(hehe sorry, I was rushing)