2U/3U available at Luxis?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Toby, Nov 28, 2000.

1. Toby

Toby Guest

i was wondering if they have the 3U version of the Ti series??
    Any noticeable difference between a 2U and a 3U?
    How much is Ti10 SP, Ti Swing Power, Iso 900, Ti7 SP?
    THanks!

2. Temp

Temp Guest

Toby no offense, but you're getting quite annoying...
    From what I recall, the questions you asked this time are very similar to the ones you asked before...Why don't you just ask your friend to email u back the information after he checked it out in HK?

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    RE: Repeat post

One thing's for sure, once u buy any racquet, after a while u will try other people's racquet and then think that one is better than your own.

OR Yonex will bring out a newer model and then u think that one is better than your present one.

If u don;t change your racquet for the above two reasons, the 3rd reason will be because u broke your racquet in a clash in doubles.

So whatever u get, I am sure u will have a different racquet in a year and a half!!

Go for the racquet which will be most robust. My impression is the Ti 7 or Ti 10 are well built. Or get a cheaper racquet and get some one to one coaching instead (which is a better investment)
    I can see plenty of players who DO NOT use a Ti racquet and have a very high standard of play.

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i don't why some of you r so infatuated with Ti rackets. Maybe "some" of you are under the spell of yonex's marketing magic. Yonex just loves you guys. Some top players who refused yonex's spell are Ji (Cab20) and Ricky S (Cab9). They have done pretty well with rackets designed in the mid 80's. I might inflame some people but that's IMO.

5. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Toby, I also feel you are a bit annoying too ... Just kidding, hope you don't mind. -:) However you should really make up your mind - never think about buying the best racquet for yourself at the 1st time and use it during the rest of your life, you are probably going to buy more (just like me) ...

To answer your original question - almost all Yonex racquets sold in HK are 2U version. Except in Japan, 3U version is not available in all countries. I personally don't like 3U version as they usually mean less power (I think Kwun can easily explain this with Physics theory). From my experience, whether you can feel the difference b/w 2U and 3U is also depended on the weight distribution - for those heavy head racquets, you may not find a 3U version lighter by too much, unless you intentionally weight them using machine.

After reading so many messages from you, I would recommend you to buy the MP-100. Besides it is really a good racquet, it is the highest model of Yonex racquets - you will then give less reasons for you to switch.

6. Darren Smith

Darren Smith Guest

I personaly didn't buy into that Ti or Isometric things, I still prefer the carbonex series. But if Toby feel that he could play better with high end racquets and have a lot money to spare, all the power to him. Whatever make you happy, do it, buy the latest and greatest(?) racquet.

7. mongoose

mongoose Regular Member

I currently have two Gosen Roots 1500Ti that I bought for only about US$45 each.
    And I'm playing my best badminton with them at the moment!!
    I strung both with BG80 at 23 lbs and feel that they are more suitable for my style of play than the Yonex Iso 800 Tour, Carb 25 and Iso 200 Power rackets that I also have and have since dumped into my cupboard!
    IMO you just have to find a racket that suits your style of play and stick with it (regardless of the price, brand or model range).