2022 Yonex French Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by BadSmashPdx, Oct 23, 2022.

1. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

losing to whom ? LKY understandable but our great player who beat LS first round has lost to gemke now.

2. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

what?

name is something given to you by your parents.....you know the one that gives birth to you?

a name is not some car where oh i want that lancer so i throw away my mirage

dunno where you from maybe different culture so i ask back wth is your problem? it's my individual view

Baddyforall likes this.
  3. ChildrenOfBadminton

keep your individual wacky views to yourself and don't attack players based on it . It is absolutely a person's choice what name they want to go by and this is not a "view",it is a legal and moral fact. maybe you want to restrict yourself , you go do that , but refrain from attacking others over it.

#123 ChildrenOfBadminton, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  4. pp35

pp35 Regular Member

A lot of Thai people are superstitious. They think changing names would give them good luck

Baddyforall likes this.
  5. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Busanan beat CYF. A rare win for the Thai girl.

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    3 THA WS in the Quarters and all are up against higher rank opponents.

#126 nokh88, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
  7. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Some MS second round ties display marathon match that illustrating close contest between top-25 players. Axelsen has important test to eliminate Thammasin where the Dane nearly slipped opening game execution plan, leading all the way 19-11 then the Olympic Champion seemed lost focus or quite underestimated his opponent as Thai underdog crawling slowly to catch up and equalizes the scoreline, this turnaround had boosted Thamassin confidence in second game to provide much better game to balance his more fancied rival. Consistency, patience playing vital role for Axelsen to secure quarterfinal spot and sets up DEN Open rematch to take on Loh KY. The well-improved Japanese next generation Naraoka outlasts Rhustavito and facing another INA player Christie to seek semis berth. China stagnated player Lu GZ involved in the longest duration clash which hits 98 minutes to overcome Prannoy.

Three Thailand players and two rematches of Intanon-Tai and Marin-Han will be underway this evening for WS last eight. A stunning outcome scored by Busanan who conquered one of most consistent figures in the circuit, Chen YF who showing modest performance since won Tokyo OG gold medal last year. Top-seed and defending champion Yamaguchi once again subdues Wang ZY in their 6th meeting, Wang style of play is well suited to face the formidable Japanese with her agility, super retrieving skill but the World Champion has more quality deceptive shots to intercept rallies or navigates excellent placement. The Chinese is seemingly hampered by back injury problem in late stage of deciding game.

INA MD falter one by one, leaving All England Champs Fikri/Maulana as the last pair standing in the fray. English duo Lane/Vendy who stun the reliable Alfian/Ardianto where the turning point arrived at second game end part. The up-and-coming combination Carnado/Marthin fell short to MAS independent pair Ong/Teo who broke semifinal last week in Odense.

LIVE TV COVERAGE (12.00pm)
    upload_2022-10-28_9-34-59.png

nokh88, Cheung and It'sMeMeMe like this.
  8. It'sMeMeMe

i said why can't ppl respect the names they've been given by their parents and you said i attack others? attack players?

wow man is there a language barrier here? is your brain alright?

this is a public forum and i can't express my view?

perhaps a trip to MRI and a doctor is not a bad idea

Simeon likes this.
  9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Yup, I noticed the injury too.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

seems like Ong/Teo is more stable pair than Aaron/Soh, Goh/Izzuddin and Man/Tee...
    Ong/Teo seems to know how to outsmart opponents (except for AA and the minions)...
    furthermore their defense are way better than Aaron/Soh, Goh/Izzuddin and Man/Tee...

Gigabit likes this.
  11. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

If you watched VA vs. Gemke last week this should not surprise you. Gemke really gave VA a run for his money. (A well-playing VA. Not the version who played QF vs. Loh)

Kidambi vs. Gemke was a tactical match. Long rallies full court -> good for Gemke. Flat fast paced and net play -> Kidambi clear favourite. They each tried to promote their preferred game style. Gemke won but almost crumbled.

Asmo likes this.
  12. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Unfortunate. 2 Indian MS players were at the losing end of the classic 3rd game scoreline 21-19 .

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Kidambi made his usual errors of smashing out and into net towards the end of the 3rd game.

#133 nokh88, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  14. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

15. ChildrenOfBadminton

perhaps a permanent residency in a mental ward is a better idea for you . Why they dont "respect" their names is none of your concern and requires no "view" of yours. if you want to be retarded, dont do it on a public platform. couldnt counter my points so resorted to personal attacks. clown characteristic. expressing your views and saying people cant change their names is 2 different things. the latter is objectively false.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Yufei looked jaded yesterday losing to Busanan, couldn't bring her A-game, her form fluctuating throughout the match.

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Akane is unstoppable, no one can deny her from lifting the trophy here, I believe. Her strong determination to redeem herself for the unexpected loss to He Bingjiao last week is evident.

18. It'sMeMeMe

lol now i get it....your english comprehension really needs some major fixing.....

really no use talking to a mediocre iq child on the internet.....i learnt my lesson

should've known from ur banter with cheung that you're just really a kid who needs to take some english classes...the sooner the better

trizzforce likes this.
  19. toonbaka

toonbaka Regular Member

It’s not uncommon in a sense of frequency but the reason behind it. Most of us indeed respect our given names. But in situations like, say, someone constantly have bad luck or unfortunate events in their life so they seek some way to relieve that spiritually, and name change is one of them. Sometimes parents are actually the ones encouraging the change believing it could bring more blessings to their own child.
    I want to elaborate this a bit more since saying that why can’t they respect their names is a little bit… jarring to me, I think? But it’s not that I’m attacking your view or anything, it’s just a culture difference after all.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LGZ, fabulous long x-net return, even LCY gives him the thumbs up.