2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Habisin-Habisin

Habisin-Habisin Regular Member

Viktor is like a lion among a herd of foxes and vultures.
    The lion takes what he likes, the others only take what is left

dood1234 and galaxyduo like this.
  2. Anks

Anks Regular Member

Poet,Student,Fighter,Thriver
    Please dont compare a GREAT like CYF the Queen of 2020 with a GOOD player like TTY who has 0 major tittles.

CYF is better than TTY in achievments

galaxyduo likes this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thanks for giving me that chuckle, that was funny

I think CY and LYD came close to him, but for shorter periods of time, and in different ways...CY was unbelievably fast, and had some real killer instinct. Can't think of anyone who read the game quite as well though.

dood1234 and skhai91 like this.
  4. felipe

felipe Regular Member

finance
    Minions and Lee Yang seems to sink. The win of Lee and Yang in Olympic is really a one time good look. Same as Xi Jinpeng won Mens single in Olympic

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

For me it's the XD that's the most interesting. Really depends on taste, I'm usually an MD superfan but I'm eager to see this specific XD matchup. It might end with the Chinese duo giving the Japanese another whalloping and exploiting Higashino left and right, but maybe they can surprise us, or at least make it close...and imop Watanabe is just one of the most entertaining player to watch right now, across all disciplines.

So yeah, not a clear cut case :D

trizzforce and Cheung like this.
  6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

yeah. MD looks real exciting in next years with no pair dominating.

It is the only discipline where you dont expect the winner to be winner before this WC.

7. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

We really need another MS player to at least try to surprise Axelson occasionally. We know it could be done, LKY and Sen did it. LZJ almost did. Haven’t seen Christie or SYQ against him in a while, so can’t gage there.

8. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Congrats to all the winners. ;)

Lky did beat Viktor tho. ;)

9. om patel

om patel Regular Member

‘There’s no crying in baseball!’

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

New champion is emerged in this year world championships, the long wait 45 years is over for MAS fans, finally world champion has arrived, Aaron Chia/Soh WY apply right formula to avoid flat game that favour to the Indonesians, they keep lift the shuttlecock to the back line and play long rallies to trouble their veteran opponent to smash or lob in this slow hall arena, trailing behind 12-18 then manage victory narrowly, 21-19, it's amazing reversal against high-calibre pair, the Daddies.

Chen YF fails to complete her Olympic Games gold medal with World Champion title, she hasn't break Yamaguchi code yet. Being slow starter, passive and lethargic in opening game, the Chinese begins to launch offensive shot, faster pace in second game. But Yamaguchi isn't Tai TY who's simply being error proned and struggling to balance strenuos rallies, the Japanese has excellent endurance and proper accuracy that force Chen thinking hard to seek loopholes and disrupts the defending champion rhythm. The cool home favorite controlled the match in decider and succeeds to bag gold medal in two consecutive editions, such an impressive achievement. China quest to witness new WS World Champion still unanswered.

Axelsen reclaims second world title, it's crystal clear script since the beginning of this tournament, the Dane is no doubt the best MS in current era, growing stronger since pandemic onset, Olympic, World, European, All England Champion, none prestigious individual title left. Vitidsarn needs to train extra hard to match his tall opponent quality game, enforcing attacking aspect, enhancing fitness level due to marathon rally and more trick shots how to earn point effectively. It's still proud moment for 21 years old Thai rising star, a milestone to reach brighter career ahead.

No surprise for WD, the least competitive category. Chen/Jia win third world title to emulate their illustrious predecessors Gao Ling/Huang Sui. Interesting to wait whether the others could dethrone the Chinese in coming years. China clinches second title through their trump card, Zheng/Huang, thanks to the power of smash. Higashino looks dejected after the match conclusion, she displayed quite below par performance, the tactic couldn't go into right direction. The competition comes to end, sayonara Tokyo, world meet will be back in Copenhagen next year!

nokh88, kwun, xzavire and 8 others like this.
  11. Samuel Kirk

Samuel Kirk Regular Member

Mabalacat City, Province of Pampanga, Philippines
    Photo not mine. Credits belong to the rightful owner.

Attached Files:

kwun, CLELY, Habisin-Habisin and 4 others like this.
  12. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

See you guys in a few days for Japan Open

13. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

If Viktor is beaten by the player who is not in the discussion , then.......
    Viktor seems to me has the answers for all the shots at the present. I dont think anybody can beat him according to current situation.

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I think WS is in its golden generation ever since RI and CM won the WC. top 8 will never be this close to each other in terms of abilities and achievements ever again in our lifetime.

Anks and stanleyfm like this.
  15. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Congrats to all the winners esp to Msian MD. As a Msian I've been waiting for this since the heart break of 97 when Cheah and Kim Hock lost. Now at least the monkey is off our players back. Its Okay if Aaron- Soh may not repeat the feat or they may. Once the jinx is broken , future players will have less pressure to perform and least likely to choke.

For Msians OG , WC, and AE are the 3 major tournaments that are most important.

Not to be unfair to the MD of this era, Hendra and Ahsan have shown that the MD of this era is not as competitive as the Previous 10 years. Youngsters still find it difficult to perform against Hendra and Ahsan who are actually past their best in 2014 to 2016. They are just playing at cruising speed badminton and still wins.

skhai91 likes this.
  16. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I said it a long time ago, WS now, are not only diverse of achievement but also different tactics. Golden Generation

Marin - Sindhu: fast and strong

Yamaguchi - Okuhara - An Se Young: patient and durable

Ratchanok - Tai Tzu Ying: Skillful and flexible

Chen - He: tactics from China

Anks and trizzforce like this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Malaysia Boleh!!

hows 97 heartbreak compared to 2016 GohTan heartbreak? The next Malaysians who win Olympic will just be crazy. I think he will be showered with everythings.

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

fun fact for 2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships:
    All the top seeds players except for the Men's Double have won the World Championship titles this year...

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

should be 96 heartbreak more...

20. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

i bet the next Malaysians who will win Olympic probably either LZJ, NTY or Man/Tee (not Aaron/Soh)...

WhiteStringJunkie likes this.