2022 TotalEnergies BWF WORLD Championships : R/64-FINAL (22-28 August)

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Aug 21, 2022.

1. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

How are they even the favourites to win by bookies standard.

The favourite should be hoki/kuboyashi

Oh well.

2. ong huigen

Dun use dafabet. They refused to pay me my Winnings until I threaten to call the authorities to shut to their website down.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

LeeWang what

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thing is, in all the matches and highlights I've watched so far, she doesn't do any single thing well that I'd expect of a commentator. Player names are pronounced poorly. Tactical insight is nonexistent. Every other sentence she takes a huge pause, despite stating something very obvious in a simple manner. And, worst of all, she conveys no excitement whatsoever! Even the most hated co-commentators of Gill's (who are usually on the tactical, calm side as she provides more of the excitement and narratives) were orders of magnitude more charismatic and excitable.
    Between this and that enthusiastic, but (apparently!) clueless woman that did a couple tournaments a while ago, I don't know who's worse...

I was pleasantly surprised by Greg(?) from Badminton Insight, even though I'm not always a huge fan of their videos I think he did a good job, even taking into account that Gill makes it very easy for her broadcast partners (asking questions, pulling out facts all of a sudden to keep things interesting when the match is a bit tame,...).

I think the people who criticize(d) Gill are in for a very rude awakening once she hangs up the mic for good. I like Steen, but I'm not sure if he can quite fill her shoes, and as we all experience, some of the potential newcomers are simply not suited for the job in any fashion. Then again, I don't think BWF pays enough to attract much talent...

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

well its almost the same. @5 , no one is favourites. Even the bookies are unsure.

6. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

i wish i can use others though . Serious that happened? I never have problems with it.

my best bet so far is Milan winning scudetto @14 last season and Arsenal to finish top without Liv and MC which i already cashed out after 3 rounds for handsome money ( people overwstimate chelsea and MU ) which is obvious bet for me the way they ended last season.
    It would be nice to win big in badminton too.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Which match was he guest commentating on? Would like to see. I agree with most of your points.

Can a person be trained to be charismatic on TV ?

8. ong huigen

Why are you even surprised?
    I even put money on choi and SEO to win at the 3rd set

9. ong huigen

Maybe because you probably already donated lots of money to them.

For me I put in 150 and wanted to cash out 850

10. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

but thats true though....NTY's first big result was beating kidambi and lky in the cwg

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, Zhao Junpeng played inspired badminton today to upset one of the two or three serious contenders for the crown. He not only rose to the occasion but actually raised his game another level, the best I've ever seen him play in his career thus far.

Hope he can progress to the semis at least. All the best. Keep it up, ZJP !

12. ong huigen

Arrrr he already beaten the top 2 HK singles in the Singapore open. And even gave Lu guang zu a very hard time.

You obviously dunno what you are talking about.

Maybe you should change your handle?

No wonder I can win in badminton Betting.

But it's ok.

13. ong huigen

Only Malaysians think that lzj is unbeatable except to axelxen.

In fact I did posted somewhere in lowyat forum that zjp is going to give a very hard time to lzj . But someone actually replied saying zjp is a crap player.

I feel so vindicated that zjp actually won because even if it was a close game and lzj won, Malaysian will still say lzj is unbeatable.

I even put money on zjp actually doing well in the 3rd set +5 handicap. But I just feel so happy zjp won. At least it will shut up those deluded Malaysians.

Malaysian intellectual capabilities has gone down further the drain.

That is why I feel so good that zjp won.

14. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Tanisha Crasto's IG is also filled with people (like me XD) urging her to change partners.
    Ishaan is doing what Jwala Gutta did to Ashwini in WD

15. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree that Pearly's talent is being wasted.

I think the biggest problem with this question is who? Malaysia doesn't have good WD talent. Despite Teoh Mei Xing/Anna's wins in the back-to-back Malaysia Super 750 and 500, personally from watching them I really don't rate either of them highly. The only one I can think of is Toh Ee Wei but I haven't watched her enough to judge.

Maybe she should switch to XD. Malaysia has much better male doubles players.

nokh88 likes this.
  16. ChildrenOfBadminton

ChildrenOfBadminton Regular Member

bruh.. top 2 hk singles are not very high on the world stage, much lower than lky.
    before spewing bs , it would be better for you to understand what you're talking about as you clearly dont. Gill was right, beating LKY is a much more significant result than beating Ng or LCY . Potential is a subjective thing.

17. browning

browning Regular Member

HS Prannoy playing beautiful and composed - someone tell Srikanth to switch over from that noodle Lining to Mizuno! HSP's smashes were sounding sweet and more importantly: accurate. I think he has a good shot to win tomorrow.

Can't reacall which Open but last time Ginting played Viktor he was getting thrashed but then started playing fast cross-court drops to Viktor's backhand side (which opened up the straight smash) and found enough success to turn around the 2nd game (but lost the 3rd) - maybe can exploit that small kink in Viktor's footwork tomorrow else Viktor still big favourite to reach the final.

Tokyo rematch expected between TTY and CYF assuming they come through.

Chirag/Satwik vs Hoki/Kobayashi most anticipated MD but I think Arjun/Kapila have been close to beating Ashan/Hendra before so with nothing to lose they have a chance of an upset.

Shida (and Thinaah) so full of energy they make WD fun so I'd like Shida/Matsuyama to win it.

18. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So many matches too see today on both courts :)

19. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Do u guys think zhao jun peng improved a lot or did lzj made a ton of errors and collapse under pressure again? I think zhao jun peng did well but as far as the Chinese team goes, i dun think he is anywhere as good as SYQ although the ranking might beg to differ

20. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

Please don't compare Gideon/Sukamuljo to LBJ....:D

wade and justiceforlcy like this.