2022 PETRONAS Malaysian Open

Discussion in '2022 Tournaments' started by Cheung, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

I saw Yuta Instagram, looks like he injury.
    I can't Japanese :eek:.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Singles category is more competitive than doubles, many examples that pointing out singles players turn to doubles to develop their badminton career further.

3. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I also don't know what the coaches are doing. Some of those girls are so talented like Pearly and Toh,easily among the best in the world.

Surely BAM can spare one talented woman player to play WS instead of pushing all of them into doubles.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

4. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Career wise, singles are better.
    You don't have to share your prize money.
    You don't have to depend on your partner, plays, forms, moods or injuries.

CLELY likes this.
  5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Looks like most players have difficulty to control drift in this windy Axiata Arena that causing inaccuracy problem.

Reigning World and All England champion was out of her normal meticuluos style, too easy to waste point. First round exit for Yamaguchi since MAS Masters, January 2020. Tunjung has better performance in front area as her specialization to execute drop or net shots effectively.

The vulnerable World Champion Loh KY swallows another dismal result, he still can't pass Lee CY after lost to him in two previous encounters quite long time ago. He should think different formula to enrich variation of play and strengthening defense aspect rather than too focus to offensive mode.

alien9113 likes this.
  6. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

That's why singles players in tennis are much more popular than the doubles pair.

7. terrynguyen121988

terrynguyen121988 Regular Member

I think BAM was right.

WS nowadays was much more competitive. The toughest competition in history.

Ratchanok, Yamaguchi, Okuhara, Tai Tzu Ying, Marin, Sindhu, An Se Young, Chen Yu Fei, He Bin Jiao,... They all geniuses.

And the secondary group was not bad with Ongbamrungphan, Chochuwong, Zhang Beiwen, Michelle Li, Saina Nehwal, Kim Ga Eun, Takahashi, Kirsty Gilmour, Yigit, Mia Blichfeldt,...

8. cococo

cococo Regular Member

I'm not really comparing them with the worlds WS players but to the current batch of WS players Malaysia has. Its just my opinion that some of the current WD players could play better in WS than the actual WS players Malaysia has.

Even if I were to compare them with the world's WS players,I am sure at least one of them could reach Yeo Jia Mins level. I had seen some of her matches,she's not to say brilliant although good enough, but she's still ranked quite highly.

Well maybe BAM put all their hope onto Goh Jin Wei but she got a severe illness but they shouldn't focus on just one player anyway.

And I followed the recent national under 21 tournament, I think the WS winner is not even under BAM,in fact more than half the winners were independent players. I am not even sure BAM absorbed her even though she beat all their own players.

Sent from my SM-A307GN using Tapatalk

terrynguyen121988 likes this.
  9. ong huigen

ong huigen Regular Member

The power of covid.

Pretty sure this never happened b4.

Even the scores are not updated properly.

Actually, they are supposed to have someone to update the scores on the screen right? Because the score on the screen only updates after a few minutes. The score on the screen lags from the actual scores by 3-5 minutes. I am pretty sure ppl are paid to update the score? So why this kind of lag? And this lag happens all the time. Or there are not enough ppl handling the tournament?

Even the electronic scoreboard "lag" behind the actual scores at time. And it happens pretty frequently.

You do not see this kind of incompetency even at the Asia championship in phillipines

See something that I see?

#89 ong huigen, Jun 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  10. Justafan90

Justafan90 Regular Member

Is yuta/arissa playing later?

11. ong huigen

Just curious what is going to happen to men singles if say lzj got the same injury and sickness problem as gjw

Anyway gjw would have been a serious world beater if not faced with those issues.

Malaysia would have actual talents in almost every area unlike in the past where only the men dominated

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    So far yes, tomorrow first match according to TS.

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Looking at GJW's playing style, even if she is healthy, she won't be a world beater, not even top 8.

14. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

actually she can, like long time ago Wong Mew Choo...

15. ong huigen

She was already beating some of the semi top players at the start of her career. And that is when she was 17.

She could have easily broke into the top 20 if not for injuries etc. And that is before she turned 20.

16. ong huigen

Actually she can but I think he is probably angry with me for saying something in the past.

In her come back, she actually did pretty well. Can you imagine how much better she would be without her injuries and illnesd issue. And also "retiring" at such a young age.

17. ong huigen

I really do not know why would he give that kind of answer.

Looking at the matches that she played. She beat He Bing Jiao comprehensively, gave a tough challenge to Intanon and actually gave a lot of players a tough time at the age of 17. She won a tournament beating a 22 year old Kirsty Gilmore at the age of 15 Years.

So to say that she would not be able to get to top 8. I dunno.

And World Beater does not mean being world no 1. It's able to compete among the top.

Sorry for my long windedness but to be honest it's starting to get ridiculous.

18. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Upset!! The Danish mixed double pair got through.. at the expense of an injured Yuta. He can blame the court quality

trizzforce likes this.
  19. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Well the quality of the coury looks jaded and inconvincing..

then even the mop is too big where they cant mop it properly , added with the umpire that doesnt allow mopping during the match.. was it the IND guy vs Ginting yesterday.. really runs risk of injuries.

20. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

doesn't allow mopping during the match? is this a joke? wth is going on there....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.