2021 Yonex Astrox 88S/D PRO & GAME versions

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Vivek Bagadhi, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

My preference goes to 88s pro. Much faster and more powerful smash than the normal 88s. Overall good all rounder.
    88d pro more powerful In smash, sluggish in defense.

Benwilluk likes this.
  2. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
  3. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    What's the power like on the 88s pro vs 88s? Is it similar, but the frame is just faster/more responsive?

I play all three disciplines (MS, MD, XD) and could see myself getting a 88d pro for MS and XD or just get a 88s pro for all three... Normally play with 88s.

Benwilluk likes this.
  4. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Hmm - I would say there isn’t much in it but for me the 88S edged it slightly on power over the 88 S Pro. However the S Pro defo wins over speed and performance in the mid and forecourt.

The 88 D Pro definitely delivers more power so if you are looking for raw power, this would be the one to go for.

Hope that helps.

precrime3 likes this.
  5. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    I have decided that I just need to buy one and try out for myself, so I have a 88s pro 4U coming in the mail this week. I'll post a review and in-depth comparison against the regular 88s lol

Benwilluk likes this.
  6. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Good stuff - hope it works well for you :)

7. Galliano

Galliano New Member

Been using the 88D Pro for the last 6 games i had.
    Its definitely better than the original 88D in terms of power and ease of use.

Never tried the 88S/88S Pro. Not sure how it compares with the 100ZZ .. which i still think the 100ZZ is an all-rounder.

8. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    The 100ZZ is much stiffer, head heavy and more demanding than the 88 S Pro. The 88 S Pro I had came in about 300mm but didn’t feel overly HH and swung very quickly. The 100ZZ I tested was about 310mm.

9. Rommel Alastra

Rommel Alastra Regular Member

is this without strings? or with strings?

Benwilluk likes this.
  10. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    This was strung

Rommel Alastra likes this.
  11. precrime3

precrime3 Regular Member

N/A
    Benwilluk likes this.
  12. Hoang_Ks

Hoang_Ks New Member

88s pro is easier to play than old version, lighter, faster, less stiff, colour is more beautifull, special suitble for net player because it is very fast. But 88s pro is less power if compare with 88s 2018, I can not smash with pro one. I think yonex modify this for more peoples can use this famous racket.
    So I sold it after one month and continue play with 88s 2018. I play 4u racket

13. Rommel Alastra

you guys mentioned that 88D pro this racquet is easier to play than the 2018 88D. If compared to AX77, I assume AX77 is still easier compared to 88D Pro?

14. llrr

llrr Regular Member

AX77 is medium stiff so it's always going to be the easier racquet to use compared to the stiffer stuff.

15. Leemarc28

Leemarc28 Regular Member

From website info, 88s pro and 88s tour are identical racket. Only the country produce is different. Pro made in Japan and tour made in Taiwan. Can anyone share the playability between pro and tour version?

16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Just bought two 88S pro, and as I bought the original 88S before pandemic but wasn’t able to demo them, hope the lockdown will be lifted soon… I’ve also got one 88D and two arcsaber 11.

I like racquets with little head heaviness or even balanced ones, and I’m planning to use my racquet of choice for all three disciplines so I prefer allround racquets with a slight emphasis on attack.

For now the closest I’ve found to fit the bill is the auraspeed 90K 3U but unfortunately it’s inertia is too important when playing men doubles (a little too slow to change grips and for fast paced exchanges).

Here are the numbers I’ve got for my racquets (global weight / head weight)

Arcsaber 11 3UG5 BG80 26lbs: 94/42
    Arcsaber 11 3UG5 BG66UM 26lbs: 94/42
    88S 3UG4 BG80 26lbs: 93/42
    88S 3UG4 BG66UM 26lbs: 93/42
    88S pro 3UG4 BG80 26lbs: 94/43
    88S pro 3UG4 BG66UM 26lbs: 94/42
    88D 3UG4 BG80 26lbs: 93/43

precrime3 and visor like this.
  17. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Played briefly yesterday with astrox 88S strung with BG80 at 26lbs and astrox 88S pro same string same tension

As it’s only my second session after a 9 months lockdown you’ll understand that I’m not playing as well a before…

Astrox 88S feels heavier in hand than it’s pro counterpart and head heavier too. I feel like it’s power potential is a little higher than the pro one.
    Astrox 88S pro feels like a refined version of 88S: shorter shaft, sharper, a little bit quicker, more user friendly…

Two great racquets but for now I feel 88S pro is that little bit more attractive

Hoang_Ks likes this.
  18. Hoang_Ks

Hoang_Ks New Member

After sold 88s pro, I bought 88d pro and have played it for 1 month. I'm so surprise about this racket, it is much better attach compare with 88s 2018, and other things like defence, drive, backhand... is quite good enough for me. There one thing that the net spin shot is always high and really difficult to control as 88s. Anyhow I really love 88d pro now

19. Rommel Alastra

how do you compare old 88d (2018) and 88d pro in terms of power? reviews from YT say they are just equal but 88d pro is a bit faster. I need more opinions thanks.

20. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

power output for both rackets are quite similar. 88d pro is indeed faster than the old 88d. 88d pro is easier to do consecutive smashes, due to the weight on the head evenly spread out unlike the old 88d, where the whole head weight is concentrated at the top of the racket head.

I must also add that the flex on the 88d pro is slightly greater than the old 88d, thus more comfortable to play with

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Rommel Alastra likes this.