2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Of course. I never discounted that fact. But compared to the marketing of the past, pyrofil and NAMD as new materials have in fact both worked as marketed/advertised and have had multiple users feedback on actually feeling the difference. Hence my statement above.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Every new marketing fad has people buying into it. Some swore that there was a really big difference between the sides of their duora, or that the slits on an Aeronaut racket made it much faster. I tend to err on the side of caution in these matters and remain sceptical until I've experienced it myself (or seen someone identify the 'new tech' rackets in a blind test) :D

speCulatius likes this.
  3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I get what you mean. But personally I do feel the differences.

4. ChocoChipWaffle

ChocoChipWaffle Regular Member

Woow that sounds like a potential bs-10 replacement if I ever saw one. Near even balance on a sword frame is similar to the bs10 no?

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    BS10 replacement? That's a very tall order IMO.

6. ChocoChipWaffle

I thought so too, I guess JS10 had that super stiff & fast head combo that was most like the BS10, but the frame shape was altogether a different feel. Assuming the auraspeed frame is closer to that of the BS line in swing and feel, i'm hoping the 98k can be what the 90s is for the BS 12, at least for the BS10 users.

7. LTUBC

LTUBC New Member

Can anyone compare the 90k to js12 in terms of stiffness, speed and power (preferably in 3u)?

8. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I’ve got a jetspeed 12M 3U and an auraspeed 90K 3U.

To me the auraspeed is better than JS12 in all aspects. Easier to play, more powerful, better control and manoeuvrability

It’s my racquet of choice for the new season and for all three disciplines. And I just won a men’s doubles tournament with it today

LTUBC and Leemarc28 like this.
  9. LTUBC

LTUBC New Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you feel any difference in terms of stiffness?

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

JS12M is a little stiffer but as AS90K has a shorter shaft in game it plays like a stiffer racquet so no problem with precision, but it keeps a user friendly feeling.
    To me Victor really did their homework well with this one

LTUBC likes this.
  11. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Hey, if you release a new racket every other day, it's just a matter of time until you land a lucky punch. ;)

Jokes aside - good to hear that they apparently still can design decent rackets.

12. ChocoChipWaffle

Is that kind of the same concept as TK9000's flexible but short shaft? Because if that's the case, I know exactly what you mean. That's exactly how i'd describe the tk9000: plays like a precise stiff racket, but somehow keeps that user friendly feel both at the same time

yenyesoh likes this.
  13. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I never played with Tk 9000 but I assume they wanted to reproduce the same effect... and it works really well. I’m more used to long shaft racquets (N9ii, N7ii...) and this one didn’t cause me any problem at all. I knew right from the start there was a huge potential in it

14. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    For me, 90k is just slight stiff (it's about 75% stiffness in the specs but it feels less for me; probably like a 65%)

To be honest, it is a user-friendly dessert racquet for leisure playing folks. It has a fast swing speed. Decent smashing power. Ease in defence.

In terms of stiffness it doesn't comes close to my watermelon JS10Q in the Victor lineup.

Then there is Auraspeed 98K. (they actually use PUBG similar videos in their promotion video... chicken chicken dinner anyone? Not very classy I must say) the stiffness is probably around 85-87%. Yet its less head heavy.

I'm looking forward to Auraspeed 99K. Hopefully if there is one. Maximum stiffness. More head weight please. Matte please.

But Victor probably milk a little more. 98S. Then 99K then 99S. [​IMG]

15. Swat

Swat Regular Member

The Victor equivalent for n7ii, would that be the 90s?

16. euthic

euthic New Member

Just wondering if anyone got the same cracking issue regarding Auraspeed 90S 4U? I got one 3 months ago from Indonesia store. Played through couple of games day smoothly, although I heard some ticking sound every time I do a hard smash (amateur smash).

At the end of the play, suddenly a cracking sound was heard and i checked the racket. The bottom part of the shaft, over the cone, was cracked (like shaved with razor but hasnt been completely peeled off).

Claimed the warranty at the store where I bought it, and they sent the stuff to Taiwan for warranty claim.

In 2 weeks i got the replacement.
    Couple of games through, I still hear the ticking sound from when I do hard smash. But i assure myself, my smash isnt that hard. How the hell does a racket that is strong enough to survive Goh V Shem, doesnt survive me?
    But then on 2nd week, it cracked again on me, on the exact same spot.

The two-time exact cracks wasnt limited to the coating. Its like the graphite shaft (is it graphite) sliced 0.5mm deep, and I'm sure the coating isnt that thick.

Anyone got same issue here on Auraspeed 90S 4U?

20191028_011035.jpg

yenyesoh, boby and Father Parrot like this.
  17. J the Bob

J the Bob New Member

scary, I'll keep an eye out on my 3u 90k, best of luck getting another replacement

18. ice man

ice man Regular Member

My auraspeed 90K is really strong, no problem for now, it survived some nasty clashes with just paint chips

J the Bob likes this.
  19. intrepid

intrepid Regular Member

Hi, 90S 4U here, no issues in 10 months of playing!

Could it be a moisture problem? Or are you using any combination of (plastic) shuttles and super-hard monofilament string that creates a lot of vibration? But I guess that should break your elbow before it breaks the racket... :confused:

20. boby

boby Regular Member

you're monstrous dude,

haven't saw shaft broken split like that, if only a recreational player level did many powerful smash without clashes. (mostly broken at frame).

the broken shaft looks like a broken bamboo, and even a flypower racket normally much more stronger than that.