2019 Victor Racquets (TK BXR, TK FC, AuraSpeed and more)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Okaharu, Aug 27, 2018.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Tonight I’m finally giving a try to my auraspeed 90K 3U.

I’m looking for a racquet in between N9ii and N7ii, combining good power and good precision. N9ii is perfect but lacks precision. N7ii is perfect but lacks a little power / user friendliness

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Jesus how much finer can you go? N7ii and N9ii are already so similar :D
    Good luck on that mission to find the in-betweener ;)

s_mair likes this.
  3. ice man

ice man Regular Member

It may sound weird but I don’t find them that similar! They roughly share the same specs but play very differently. I really need to find this in betweener as my game would benefit it I think. Tried jetspeed 12M but too stiff, nothing to write home about. BS12 offers the control of N7ii with more user friendliness but feels too thin when smashing, I can’t transfer the power to the shuttle...

4. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Fresh from the Victor labs:

At least it should be close to JS10 when it comes to stiffness. Still no compact head though.

5. Father Parrot

Father Parrot Regular Member

Hey guys,
    Which would you say is the more all rounded racket between the js10 and the auraspeed90s?

6. iAsianGuy

iAsianGuy Regular Member

I've played with both and still continue to play with both. And IMO you can't go wrong with either one.

7. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Played with my auraspeed 90k 3U yesterday evening for the first time, a good 2h30 session. The racquet is strung with BG80 at 26lbs which is my usual setup.

What can I say... I really liked this racquet! Even if there is not much give in it, we’re far from BS12 or N9ii friendliness to play but when your shots are timed right the power is really good. In fact it has all the attributes of N7ii but with more smashing power, which is a welcomed surprise. I clearly see more potential in this racquet power wise than in N7ii, and I played with N7ii for a much longer time then this auraspeed! I just can’t wait to spend more time with this racquet to get the timing right every time!

Feeling is on the hard side, as you would expect for a high end Victor, and I think BG66UM would be awesome on it.

Feel free to ask questions !

8. Munch

Munch Regular Member

Got a bit more sessions in with the 90k last night and sharing some thoughts. Coming from a regular js10 user with occasional DZS. All my rackets are 3ug5 and strung with li Ning #1 at 28lbs. I did also briefly have a bs12 and ax99. I consider my swing quick action and wristy.

Initially I thought the racket felt too solid (in hand). It didn't have a distinct head weight nor did it flex but it definitely had some weight. Almost like its weight is more towards the T joint rather than on the top. After a couple more sessions I thought it was an alright racket for feel wise. I think it's too stiff for its weight + balance. Otherwise you could probably swing this racket for both doubles and singles with its speed. If you like stiffer rackets, slightly HH more erring to balance, and with a really solid feel this may be the one for you. Myself I prefer the slight softness that the js10 and dzs have. Also couldn't get a feel for where the head is on the 90k without any weight on the top of the head.

Another consideration is that the 90k "g5" grip is slightly larger than any of my other rackets (all gripped on wood with supergrap).

9. J the Bob

J the Bob New Member

Could you do a comparison between the dzs and 3u ar90k? I was hoping it's faster and more forgiving with the sweet spot but with a similar head weight and feel

10. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Second session with my auraspeed 90K. Played with it directly in a tournament.

Did not play well but as I had a back pain injury which did not let me play during nearly a month so not the racquet’s fault.

I detect there is really a nice potential in this racquet. Power is very good when you’ve got the right timing. Control wise it’s razor sharp. Manoeuvrability is really good too. I do not detect any head weight when dry swinging nor playing, but it clearly hits above its weight.

Closest racquet in Yonex line up would be DZS I agree, but it’s way harder in feel!

J the Bob likes this.
  11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I did not play DZS for a long time so I will try to help you by memory...
    I would say they are equally fast, AS90K is more aerodynamic but DZS has a smaller head so it levels things out...
    AS90K as a bigger head so the sweet spot should be bigger, but to me it’s way harder on off center shots than DZS. Yet, it is only my second session with AS90K so clearly I still do not master the timing

J the Bob likes this.
  12. Swat

Swat Regular Member

I have tried the 4u JS10 and though I liked the feeling, it was definitely too stiff for me. Is 90k near or more flexy?

13. AdamMorin

AdamMorin Regular Member

I was pretty surprised how the flexible the 90k was. Way too much for me. JS10 is too stiff for me. But 90k feels flexible like a nanoray glanZ.

Dave1011 likes this.
  14. ice man

ice man Regular Member

No way! There is no way AS90K is flexible... it’s nearly as stiff as JS10 which I used before.

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I agree, I think the head heaviness makes the AS90K feel more flexible than if it were mid balanced or head light.

16. ice man

ice man Regular Member

You two got the AS90K in 3 or 4U?

It’s weird, mine is nicely stiff, way stiffer than BS12 for example

17. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Mine was 4u, less flexible than bs12 but I could feel the shaft flexing due to the head weight

18. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Mine is nicely stiff, less than a jetspeed 10 but it’s closer to jetspeed 10 than to BS12

In game, it is really stiff and hard feeling, but when smashing you can bend it well and then it delivers great smashes

19. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    The power of current racket material science. Once again **** like NAMD and pyrofil are producing conflicting opinions

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

20. Ouchie

Ouchie Regular Member

I am sure some people have the technique and strength to flex a racket and some don’t. One man’s stiff is another man’s flexi. If everybody popped a blue pill before testing it should encourage consistent conditions ;)