2019 China Badminton Training Camp!

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Borkya, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Hey guys, so I just wanted to let everyone know that since last years inaugural training camp went so well, I'm doing it again this year!

It's going to be July 13-21st, in Xiamen China! It's a 9 day, 8 night badminton training camp with training, hotel and food included.

Everyday will have 3 hours of training in the morning with optional night play with a Chinese club at night. Lunch is provided after training in the morning, and we'll have a group welcome dinner and goodbye dinner on the first and last nights.
    Also, since we are in china there will be a translator during training so you can make sure you understand everything the coach and other Chinese players tell you.

There is also a rest day built in, just to keep everyone injury-free (in the middle). But you don't have to sit in your hotel bored or anything. I'm planning a little activity so you can get out and explore some of Xiamen and China.

This camp is open to anyone as long as you are a serious player! (Like, not absolute beginners but I don't think beginners would want to come to china anyway.) Not everyone needs to be at the same level because you get a lot of 1-on-1 time with the coach so you focus on what YOU need/want to focus on, not what everyone else is doing.

I made a video (of course, heh heh) and I put a lot of info up at my website. We had one badminton central guy last year (but he's a lurker, not a big talker--so he said) and the other guys were awesome too. One guy was a coach and he filmed my coaches training techniques to bring back to his students. Then his students won a gold medal. Coincidence?! I think not! ;)

Here's the website with all the details:
    http://www.badmintonbecky.com/badminton-training-camp-in-china/

And here's the video with details and videos of the people and places so you can see what it looks like.

Registration is open until June 13th! Anyway, like I said last year I'd love to meet/train with other BC'ers so think about it!

Justin L, LenaicM, Cheung and 5 others like this.
  2. LewLewZ

LewLewZ New Member

Awesome promo video, can't wait for July :D

3. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Woot! Woot!

4. Henry Tan

Henry Tan New Member

Hi borkya

5. Borkya

Borkya Regular Member

teacher
    Hii,

I guess I should add to this post that the 2020 training camp is, for obvious reasons, cancelled. Sad but necessary this year...