2018 German Open Grand Prix Gold

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by Nine Tailed Fox, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Actually he added 2 more sentences. Sunday is good day to go church. God helped me to win this. God bless you all.

Sent from my SM-G600FY using Tapatalk

Rob3rt likes this.
  2. Maurice MJC

Maurice MJC Regular Member

And inoue / kaneko take it ! Japan with 3 winners

3. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

what an average MD pair this AlfArd... so lame.....

4. CIA-99

CIA-99 Regular Member

JPN is the biggest winner today, not so easily though for the previous two.

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Stupid service judge. Faulted Alfian serve never fault Kaneko serve. Use a little common sense please, who is taller. How much taller can the shorter person serve than taller persons. Disgusting.

Let them win the 300 events. stupid

melon94 likes this.
  6. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

"Men Double", they don't learn, do they? I'm ashamed.

7. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

fajar/rian can only blame themselves. it's like half the points of the japanese pair because of their errors. clearly not at their best, that service fault on fajar time and time again clearly affected them. but kudos to the japanese pair, I'm impressed with inoue.

8. Desireless

Desireless Regular Member

That was the most surprising fall-recover-won point that I can remember...

Michael V likes this.
  9. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    that's why there are 2 panes of glass on each service device. you line up the horizontal lines and it eliminates parallax.

however, the issue still suffers from human error because a human must still call the fault. until a laser-audible system is implemented they should put a camera alongside the service judge behind the devices and allow players the option to challenge, the same as they can for line calls.

if you are faulted you have the option to challenge.
    if you think the server faulted you have the option to challenge.

it ain't rocket science.

skhai91, swsh, CLELY and 5 others like this.
  10. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

LOL@Indo fans complaining that only Alfian was faulted -- Kaneko was also faulted for a flick serve, but your selective memory "cannot" see/remember it...

People like you are the reason WHY the 1.15m mark was drawn on the double-Perspex glass (which corrects parallax errors) placed on each side of the Service Judge-- so suck it up!

Once the 1.15m rule is confirmed, I hope the net is also marked with a 1.15m black line/cord so that both audiences and players can also have an easy frame of reference -- at present, audiences have no frame of reference and each player must mentally remember to serve at different levels with reference to their body (Inoue has to tip his toes, while Kaneko has to bend his knees, etc.)

#490 Forestal, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    visor likes this.
  11. Forestal

Forestal Regular Member

Inoue's (pre-)judgement of the Indonesian's play is so excellent that his (pre-)reaction time more than makes up for his lack of reach -- especially since this Indonesian pair's play-style is not especially fast or deceptive....

That's probably why he is paired with the exceptionally lanky Kaneko -- so that Inoue can just rush the net and go for the shots, leaving Kaneko to cover the rest of the court...

Can we say thanks to Japan and their innovations (or adaptations for lack of height/strength), that we have new variations/play-styles in WD, WS, XD, MD and MS emerging in the last few years?

samkool, alien9113 and Michael V like this.
  12. stanleyfm

stanleyfm Regular Member

to be exact, the one who is complaining is Singaporeans

13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

In general , serves being faulted left and right is no good for badminton.

There are too much stop and start, it makes art of badminton has decreased. think less people will watch badminton if this continues. Not sure if its good for the sports.

and who knows if some countries are bribing the referee or BWF to introduce this.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

This is just the first tournament using this new rule and measurement device, so some growing pains are to be expected. It'll get better over time.

That's why this tournament was chosen to educate everyone involved (players, officials, judges, spectators etc)... instead of the next one next week, which is the more important All England.

15. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

ah 2 panes of glasses..... i didn't know that i c i c

still i stand by my opinion ArdiAlfi is just regular average MD... nothing special ahhaha

16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Think AlfianArd is just mentally weak but then again they are SS winner. EndoHayakawa is not. Or course to at least be remembered , need to win at least 10SS titles.

My opinion is if there are many faults by normal height players, i think the serves should be increased to 120cm. This should make everyone happy.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The closest yet tiring final match yesterday was men's singles category, both Chou TC and Ng KL have equal chance and familiar each other about shot variation but Chou was slightly better in attacking aspect yesterday that lasted 84 minutes of play, containing many long rallies. WS opening game offer really balanced competition with Yamaguchi took it 21-19 then something weird fashion happened in second game when Akane Yamaguchi suddenly became error-proned, easily succumbed 6-21 for Chen Yufei. But it's back to business for the Japanese who reclaim fine tune and dictated the match while Chen YF looked lost concentration and lack of shot accuracy. Well, it's tough challenge for China WS to win title nowadays, they must raise the standard to catch up with the established names like Tai TY, Sindhu, Marin, Intanon and Japanese duo Yamaguchi-Okuhara.

Goh SH/Lai ended their journey on high-note, little bit anticlimax for the Malaysians after experienced very difficult test in last two rounds that brought them to finale, Nohr/Thygesen couldn't do too much despite the Danish pair forced deuce but still it's not enough to halt world number 10 from victory. Impressive feat by Shevon Jemie Lai, she's fast at front area also excellent shot placement that often confused their opponent. Last match witnessed Alfian/Ardianto failed to take revenge over Inoue/Kaneko in fourth attempt, the Indonesians should minimize their errors and not too rush to attack. On the contrary the Japanese stayed calm and composed, interesting flat drive exchanges involving two pairs, Inoue was so proactive to intercept and killed the shuttlecock.

Three last year winners of MS, WS, WD defend their title and Japan full force nails three titles here, one each for Malaysia and Chinese Taipei.
    Next, a much-awaited tournament is looming, All England.

Master, Michael V and ownz.uno like this.
  18. Anders Cols

Anders Cols New Member

Therapist
    I hope)) we will believe in him)