2016 Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open Superseries : FINALS (3rd April)

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 2, 2016.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

[​IMG]

Venue : Siri Fort Indoor Stadium, New Delhi-IND

Total prize-money : US$300,000

IND time : http://www.worldtimezone.com/time/wtzresult.php?CiID=14799&forma=Find Time

Live Streaming : http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=c2J2b2JoK2F0Y3ZsbmhZ&c=en&i=eWlhaXVidGd1bA№f№f

BWF page : http://bwfworldsuperseries.com/tournaments/2337/yonex-sunrise-india-open

FINALS (02.00pm) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...BE4A8A-DD7C-4C88-A745-42D3D22ADEE8&d=20160403

The tournament enter culminating day to determine who will nail IND GP Gold title this year, both INA and JPN have guaranteed WD and MD crown respectively and may add title through other categories. CHN has two representatives in final, followed by DEN (1) and THA (1).

MD, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Naoko Fukuman/Kurumi Yonao (JPN)
    H-2-H stats : 3-1 / WR : 1 v 9
    The Japanese WD is unstoppable at the moment, they indicate fast improvement in this discipline to grab glory in All England, Suisse Open, New Zealand and now in New Delhi. Defending champion Matsutomo/Takahashi got gruelling battle to eliminate the hardest stumbling block en route to the final, Maheswari/Polii while their younger teammates Fukuman/Yonao disposed world number four Pedersen/Juhl in three games. Current All England champion has advantage to defend their title here.

XD, Riky Widianto/Puspita Richi Dili (INA) v Lu Kai/Huang Yaqiong (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3 / 32 v 11
    The two finalists sent tournament favourites at previous rounds, the Indonesians dumped Lee CH/Chau HW and 2014 winner Fischer/Pedersen while the Chinese edged past second seed Ko SH/Kim HN in marathon encounter yesterday. Widianto/Dilii will defy the odds to score first ever winning over Lu/Huang today and snatch breakthrough to seal maiden Superseries title. Both finalists haven't impressive result for pretty long time and it's good to see they back on right track.

MD, Markus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) v Angga Pratama/Ricky Karanda Suwardi (INA)
    H-2-H : 0-0 / WR : 17 v 10
    Clash between senior against junior, Pratama/Suwardi enter two finals in two consecutive weeks and experienced tough journey to defeat two Korean leading pairs, Kim GJ/Kim SR and Ko SH/Shin BC at quarterfinal and semifinal respectively. The young duo Gideon/Sukamuljo shocked top-seed Chai B/Hong W at last eight and it spurred morale boost to go further here. The more experienced pair have slight adavantage to bag second Superseries victory after SIN Open last year.

WS, Ratchanok Intanon (THA) v Li Xuerui (CHN)
    H-2-H : 3-7 / WR : 5 v 2
    Both players book final spot in contrast fashion, Intanon had really comfortable way to tame Bae Yeon Ju while Li XR were stretched to long match and thrilling atmosphere before the Olumpic Champion changed momentum at the end of deciding game to overcome home mega star Saina Nehwal. Li had three close contests that drained much energy in last three ties and her fitness level will be tested this evening by fresher Thai sensation. We'll see the interesting clash between these two former champions, whether Intanon or Li will retain their title this time.

MS, Viktor Axelsen (DEN) v Kento Momota (JPN)
    H-2-H : 1-5 / 6 v 4
    What a tragic ending for Chinese future star Xue Song yesterday as he got bad injured and couldn't finished the match despite he led 21-17 and 6-3 against second seed Momota. The on-fire Chinese looked good to book Superseries final here before that worst nightmare for athlete hampered. The other semifinal match displayed Axelsen superiority to outmaneuvered Son Wan Ho in two quick games. Rematch of Dubai SS Finals last December, Momota is hot favourite to win another SS title unless Axelsen apply different strategy to break the Japanese solid defense.

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sorry, it should be Superseries not GP Gold at thread title :D

mm_muljana likes this.
  3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The finals for today would definitely be very exciting. Well nowadays who would be able to imagine that we can see an all Japanese WD in the finals?

Well not me. Well ibam so excited to see Victor playing in the finals. He proved it. He is a good player. Yesterday that MS match is just too one sided proving that Son Wan Ho is clearly outclassed by his opponent. Ahead of Olympics 2016 I don't see Son Wan sho have any chances of winning any medals there.

Then of course for me it is so sad to see Ko Sung Hyun lost both his MD and XD event. Of course one should not be greedy. That is why doing double duties have taken a toll on his performance. I have nothing to say about the loss of his XD and MD. Hope the Korean coaches will take note of this too.

Wow who would have guess Ratchanok will play so well to enter the finals? Not me. But then of course, it will be an exiting WS finals. It would be good to see Ratchanok go all out to win her Ws title here.

Hmm... XD should be exciting too.

nevertheless, I am expecting a very exciting finals indeed today.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    for Xue Song, it was a meniscal tear

[​IMG]

5. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

I wish the ms finals were before the others. Should be exciting. Although from what I have heard, xue really deserved to make it. Hope va will show us the same insane angles he got yesterday.

6. Dias09

Dias09 Regular Member

Where is he right now?

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Predictions:

Li Xuerui
    Momota
    3 more

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@Nine Tailed Fox

my predictions

Momota
    Li xuerui
    Lu Kai / Huang Yaqiong
    MD and WD difficult to predict.

looks like we have the same predictions

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Is it compulsory that WD should be the first match of the last day?

BWF, Give it a try.Let it be last for once.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    If it's last whose gonna wait for it! They want the stadiums to be full as long as possible! Besides, an all JPN is even tiring to watch at home let alone in the hall!

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    how come Mizuno never sponsor any international badminton tournament?

12. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    The AE champs getting hardly any resistance from their Jr compatriots in g2! They are in gliding command, taking pts at will

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow I just managed to watch an extremely exciting WD match. Thought it would go on for hours. But of course i am extremely happy that it has ended and the higher ranked player won. Extremely tiring to watch WD matches as the matches would be very long indeed. Congratulations to Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi for winning the game.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

wow oh wow for the xd match both Lu Kai / Huang Yaqiong are playing so well today.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

wow Lu Kai / Huang Yaqiong playing to their level best. Sure to win this game.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

i Just cannot wait to watch that exciting ws and ms match later.

17. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    #17 Devendra, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Justin L and blabl like this.
  18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

This article is nice.

19. Nine Tailed Fox

Lu Kai/ HYQ the new ZN/ZYL ?