2016 XiamenAir AUSTRALIAN Open Superseries : QUARTERFINALS (10th June)

Discussion in 'Indonesia Open / Australian Open 2016' started by CLELY, Jun 9, 2016.

1. highmountain

highmountain Regular Member

I also wonder what happened to Chen Long, probably he is really low in confidence. true, he is more of a robotic type which is not so good because once opponent read the game will be difficult, unlike Lin Dan who can change the tempo of the game when things are not working his way. feel like chen long game come mostly from training which is not so good, a player should be smart, cunning and able to think his own way of playing.

blabl likes this.
  2. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Sony and Jonathan lost because their enemy play better than them that day. That simple. They are still the same person. But their opponent play better.

vinaries likes this.
  3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Even a legend is still human and has his reasons to do certain things in a certain way and why. In fact,I've talked quite a lot about his situation, his motivation or lack thereof, his priorities, and so and so forth in his thread and other relevant threads.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thank you so much for all the praises for Jeon Hyeok Jin and Heo Kwang Hee. To be honest I would say both are still inconsistent as of yet. Both I guess are just lucky this time enter the quarterfinals. Heo Kwang Hee opponent retired injured yesterday. Then today Heo Kwang Hee lose already.

Then Jeon Hyeok Jin opponent walkover today. Honestly speaking I know myself that there is no way Jeon Hyeok Jin can beat Hu Yun today.

But then again thanks for the praises. it is still too early to say they are talented.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Thank you so much for all the praises for Jeon Hyeok Jin and Heo Kwang Hee. To be honest I would say both are still inconsistent as of yet. Both I guess are just lucky this time enter the quarterfinals. Heo Kwang Hee opponent retired injured yesterday. Then today Heo Kwang Hee lose already.

Then Jeon Hyeok Jin opponent walkover today. Honestly speaking I know myself that there is no way Jeon Hyeok Jin can beat Hu Yun today.

But then again thanks for the praises. it is still too early to say they are talented.

6. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

No more defending champion left after Chen long was ousted. Congratulation to new champs.

nilesh123 likes this.
  7. Master

Master Regular Member

We couldn't watch a beautiful play between Ratchanok Intanon vs Tai Tzu Ying tomorrow since both of them lost in QF today. :(

blabl likes this.
  8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Then what does beating Lin Dan mean ? Are any of the four mentioned,JOJ, Hu Yun, K Srikanth and Heo Kwan Hee, the same league as Lin Dan ?

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The most talented player for me myself honestly would be the upcoming rising star Zheng Siwei. I love him so much. He is such a young junior talented MD and XD player.

10. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    What do you expect from 18 yo and 33 yo players ? Winning all the time ? Above average consistency ?
    LCW starts to show consistency after he was 23 yo or something. I think, before defeating CL in China Open 2011/12, Jan O is a yoyo player. there are more out there...

Master likes this.
  11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It seems the CHN young MDs are doing better than their seniors.

nilesh123 and blabl like this.
  12. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

If you want to see the real LD plays, just see him in the team events

13. Master

Master Regular Member

They will enjoy their weekend by visiting Sydney romantic places.

And also they may have an unforgettable dinner as well. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. lee00

lee00 Regular Member

After defeating LD Jonatan admitted that LD is the better player and his class is higher than himself and he LD is still his idol.

15. Rivai

Rivai Regular Member

Omg 2 Indonesian MD... congrats

16. Master

Master Regular Member

Nice quote indeed! :cool:

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Generally speaking, yes, for these two years since the Incheon Asian Games 2014 whereafter he injured his knee, the most serious injury in his career according to him. Actually, he was also near his best at the German Open and the All England this year.

18. thljcl

thljcl Regular Member

LCW's consistency is hard to match. No other player even come close. Comparing other players to LCW is not really fair, to be honest, CL has been pretty consistent over the years. How long he has been World NO 2? That says a lot. Even the LD's ranking was going up and down over the years. As Gill Clark rightly says, CL has been World NO 1 for 75 weeks. That's a record already. Granted, he is kind of being given a gift by LCW's suspension.

Now, it is the right time to comment on the upcoming seeding of Rio Olympics for Men's Singles. Basically, the top two seed is being sealed. LCW takes the top seed and CL takes the second seed. In other words, LCW would remain World NO 1 at least until 2016 Summer Olympics.

We all know LCW took the top rank when he won his record 43rd Superseries titles or 6th Indonesia Open titles or 11 SSP titles. LCW was supposed to play in Australia Open to further consolidate his position. But as a precaution, he withdrew from Australia Open due to minor injury. The question remains, did CL can possibly retake top rank and top seed of 2016 Olympics? The answer is actually yes.

As LCW said he wouldn't play in Chinese Taipei Open GPG despite having put his name on it, should CL take both Australia Open SS and Chinese Taipei Open GPG, CL could get the ranking points of 92193.9444, surpassing LCW's ranking points of 91773.4798. However, his loss at the quarterfinal stage at Australia Open is costly, dashing any hope of regaining the top rank and top seed of Olympic Games. As it stands, if CL does not play Chinese Taipei Open GPG, his ranking points would be 86983.9444; if he does win Chinese Taipei Open GPG, his ranking points would be 88943.9444. Either way, he would remain World NO 2. The first World Ranking Tournament counted towards the World Ranking of the July 21, 2016 is BWF World Championships 2015.

19. MelvIndonesia

MelvIndonesia Regular Member

Student
    Amazing performance by INA Team!!!
    Much much better than prior week in Indonesia Open!

20. vinaries

vinaries Regular Member

THW defeated LCW coz he played better that day instead of LCW want to lost the game.

kctho and Loh like this.