2016 Thomas / Uber Cup Draw

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup Finals / Uber Cup Finals 2016' started by kwun, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    For Uber Cup, my heart is with Japan, but again China is the host and have the slight advantage.

2. renbo

renbo Regular Member

The best ranked WD are the Luo sisters. After it is Zhao/Tian, then Tang/Yu. But I have no clue how LYB see his team now, as the Luo sisters don't have much experience on this kind of event, so Zhao/Tian might be selected to play first WD. Though it seems that they are a little injured right now, and had indifferent results recently. So perhaps it is better to leave them out.
    Next in rank is Tang/Yu ; they are capable, but if selected as first WD, who will play second WD? As if Tang/Yu bypass their higher ranked teammates, those teammates cannot play, so LYB would have to come up with some scratch pair for second WD, like Ma/Tian, or better Bao/Tang Jinhua.
    Personaly I think if Zhao is not well, first WD Tang/Yu and second WD Bao/Tang would be the best options.
    Another thing to consider is that it might not be possible to discard the Luo sisters for the effect on moral it would have.

#62 renbo, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. touya

touya Regular Member

Looking at recent result, I think HYQ/TJH can be a good option for WD2 (TYT/YY as WD1), but I am not sure if both of them will make it to the team or not.

#63 touya, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As aforementioned here, BYX/TJH are doing good! But, as far as WD1 is concerned MM/AT are real threats for almost everyone and TYT/YY have failed the overpower their JPN Arch rival! But if Luos are selected (I doubt) they lack the ferocious attitude plus they are most vulnerable mentally (in the CHN squad) even NKM/GP stands good chance against them let alone MM/AT! I think ZYL/TQ should leave all their misunderstandings/discomforts (whateva it is) and give one shot for the nation!

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how about put Luo / Luo in there, if they win, great, if they don't they are sacrificial to put a better pair at WD2.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    There's no way they gonna loose group stages! It's only the KO's where they might fumble (no second chance) and of course such is the pattern that a single fumble can be disastrous!

7. touya

touya Regular Member

I have been thinking the same idea actually, so TYT/YY will be a sure bet in WD 2. However, in my version, I prefer TQ/ZYL as WD 1 rather than Luo twins. In my opinion, they are more dependable in big event.

8. renbo

renbo Regular Member

That might be a clever move. To get your best pair against the second best of the opponent.

9. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    I would place in order, Lin Dan, Zhang Nan/Fu Haifeng, Chen Long, Hong Wei/Chai Biao, Tian Houwei for Thomas lineup for the big matches.

China made a mistake to place Lin Dan and Zhang Nan/FHF last during the last Thomas semifinal which cost them the title. It should be a lesson learned.

Even if Korea and Indonesia might steal one point from MD, it's not an easy task for them to take full two points in MD against Zhang Nan/ FHF and Wei/Biao in front of their home crowd, especially if Zhang Nan will just be playing MD.

For Uber, Li Xuerui, Zhao Yunlei/Tian Qing, Wang Shixian, Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang, Wang Yihan. Zhao Yunlei will just play the WD so there's a bigger chance her strong front play will have the better chance against the Japanese pair, Matsutomo/Takahashi. Li Xuerui has a good head to head to Okuhara so to the Chinese coaches if you would listen to my suggestion to field the best players, for once you'll celebrate again at home.

10. renbo

renbo Regular Member

You cannot freely place players like that. The rule is that you have to follow ranking. For example if you place Lin Dan first, then Chen Long cannot play.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. play order must be done according to ranking. otherwise both teams will just shuffle the players around to the point that 1/2/3 has absolutely no meaning. this happens in a local team tournament here, which unfortunately in that case there is no ranking to rely on as all players are recreational.

12. badlove

badlove Regular Member

Court Cowboys
    ohhh i see, yes the rule is same here with local team tournament or league in my country so I thought maybe you can strategy on which players to put first, my bad :)

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Match one of the Luo sister with ZYL or TQ. They are quite good.

14. indrg

indrg Regular Member

As for CHN vs. INA TC match-ups, INA at the very least still has a chance to steal 2 pts from both MD. It is up to THW now vs. Ihsan or JC to settle. Thruthfully, JPN has a slight higher chance with their 3rd MS vs. CHN than INA's or Korea's. JPN's MD however is still weaker.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The event is getting closer. It is April already today. The next SS left are Malaysia and Singapore Open before TC/UC.

It is a forgone conclusion that INA UC won't do much here. I am not so sure if they can even win vs. Bulgaria even or Taipei.

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Against TPE it's surely uncertain! TTY and even PYP should seal the deal for TPE! INA are clear favourites in both the doubles! WS3 should be the decider it'll be really tough as Hsu Ya ching has improved

17. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The 3rd WS: Mariska, Hana or Fitriani is no match to TPE 3rd WS.

18. Alfysa

Alfysa Regular Member

Indonesia is not in the same group with Taipei, but with Hong Kong. I think Febe has a good chance to beat Yip Pui Yin, and the two Indonesian doubles will win since Poon Lok Yan is badly injured. Fitriani/Mariska also has a good chance to beat the third Hong Kong's relatively unknown single player.

19. indrg

indrg Regular Member

yes I was mixed up with the group yesterday :) Thank you.
    Bulgaria has 2 good WD pairs if you have been checking out the SS and GPG this year.

20. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Do you mean this unknown single player :
    CHEUNG Ngan Yi ?

Maria vs. Cheung Ngan Yi H2H is actually 1-1
    Maria vs. Yip Pui Yin H2H is 3-2

HKG is not bad at all.