2016 SKYCITY NEW ZEALAND Open GP Gold : Qualifying Round-Final

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by CLELY, Mar 21, 2016.

1. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    As of now CYF is a lesser version of WSX, she'll take time and I am sure she will get atleast near to WSX's accomplishments if not equal! I really like watching her play, good steep drops, good footwork and good attitude! No offense but I would rather watching her then HBJ anyday

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, nice play by Teck Zhi Soo! Could he be Malaysia's next hope?

3. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

STZ outplayed SYQ with his power, defence and deception. He caught SYQ with his deceptive return of serves a few times.

#43 tbgoh288, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes you are right. So unbelievable he won against Shi Yuqi. Oh wow. Couldn't watch any matches live at my place here so I just stare at the live scores. Wow cannot comment about Soo Teck Zhi performance but once again he has proven that he is good by winning today to play in the semifinals. To be honest Soo Teck Zhi really impressed me with his performance thus far. Good for him. Keep up the good work. I sincerely hope he can win and enter the finals on Sunday. Congratulations Soo Teck Zhi. I felt so happy for you.

5. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Good by Soo Teck Zhi to win, nice job!

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

H Kaixiang and Z Siwei toppled the top seeds. Well done.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well done,lads, Zheng Siwei/Huang Kaixiang. Way to go! ZSW has fantastic court awareness, HKX not far behind. I won't be surprised if they carry the hopes of CHN MD in the near future. Problem is, they are already quite good in XD, not a very good idea for them to do double duty if they want to be at the very top in either disciplines, I feel.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Wow upsets indeed. That has also proven that Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang performance has been on a slump. Not a good ending for Korea in their last MD and WD match as both Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang and Jung Kyung Eun lose their match to young unknown players. Not too good. But I must really congratulate the young China MD for playing so well to win their match today and also the young Japanese WD who played so well to win their match today.

9. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes I felt so happy for them. Both played extremely well and really deserved to win their match.

10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Korea send in their full squad players for this tournament so hence the chances to enter the semifinals and finals are high. Korea send in their full best squad for this tournament. Korea will have representatives playing in XD, MD, WD and WS in the semifinals. However it is also sad to note that Korea slump in MS continues with no representatives at all for MS as both their best MS players Son Wan Ho and Lee Dong Keun lost their match today in the quarterfinals. Overall I feel it I still a good performance from the Korean players.

11. jhirata

jhirata Regular Member

Hi from the media lounge.

Will be grabbing some shots by the courtside on Sunday hopefully :) very different experience watching badminton on youtube vs watching live professional badminton.

[​IMG]

12. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

SEMIFINALS (05.00pm local time, 2 court) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...65CB03-F736-4C3E-A3BB-86ED37264EC6&d=20160326

A healthy draw for MS semifinal, four players represent four different nations. The clash of former Asian Junior Champion, 2010 AJC Huang Yuxiang edged past top contender Son Wan Ho in two tight sets, he will up against 2013 AJC Soo Teck Zhi, the Malaysian dropped first game before come back stronger in last two games with his solid defense and excellent shots at front area. At lower half of draw, the evergreen Vietnamese Nguyen Tien Minh has Japan back-up player Riichi Takeshita who downed Lee Dong Keun in three games. This is the only category that not feature Korean shuttler as they have representative in all four remaining disciplines.

Sung Ji Hyun and Bae Yeon Ju are on course to finale as both of them will face lower ranked opponent. Sung experienced gruelling match against Chinese junior Chen Yufei has surprising semifinalist from Chinese Taipei, Chiang Mei Hui. Bae has smooth path en route to semifinal with all straight-sets winning, she's favoured to thwart Japanese pretty youngster Aya Ohori who was semifinalist of last year edition.

Top seed tumbled in men's and women's doubles department, Kim GJ/Kim SR were toppled by defending champion champion Huang KX/Zheng SW, they will face Pratama/Suwardi next. KOR-INA affair at bottom half of draw will present Ko SH/Shin BC v Indonesian young duo Gideon/Sukamuljo. Jung KE/Shin SC also got unexpected result, lost narrowly to last year beaten finalist Fukushima/Hirota, the Japanese pair has Aussie sensational combo, Mapasa/Somerville who performed beyond expectation here. However Korea has guaranteed 1 final berth through Chang YN/Lee SH v Go AR/Yoo HW.

It's not convincing performance so far for number one seed Ko SH/Kim HN how they passed three previous rounds and this would be good opportunity for Malaysian combo Chan PS/Goh LY to create upset here. Second seed Shin BC/Chae YJ should be wary of China rookies Zheng SW/Li YH, this fresh partnerships picked first title in Malaysia Masters early this year and won over their tomorrow's rival in their first meeting at Penang.

LIVE TV (Court 1, 05.00pm) matches :

1) Ko Sung Hyun/Kim Ha Na (KOR) v Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS)
    2) Sung Ji Hyun (KOR) v Chiang Mei Hui (TPE)
    3) Riichi Takeshita (JPN) v Nguyen Tien Minh (VIE)
    4) Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN) v Setyana Mapasa/Gronya Somerville (AUS)
    5) Huang Kaixiang/Zheng Siwei (CHN) v Angga Pratama/Ricky Karanda Suwardi (INA)

extremenanopowe likes this.
  13. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Surprisingly the relatively unlnown JPN duo played exceptionally to edge out #1 seeds JKE/SSC

14. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Well, not so many audience for this event. Probably badminton is not favorite sport in NZ?

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

yep... how come JPN did not play him in the Asia Championship, pre-qualifier Thomas Cup event vs. INA? I looked him up and although his H2H vs. Lin Dan is 0-3, he once took 1 set from Lin Dan.

16. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Huang Y is not an unknown player. He is the 2010 Badminton Asia Junior Single Champion.

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Thank you for such a beautiful shot! You make the stadium look so inviting. Like my badminton buddy ,who had lived in New Zealand for some years, once commented, Kiwis have class. Guess it makes sense to schedule my annual visit there around this tournament.

18. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What do you mean by 'so unbelievable' . The CHN player is only a junior.

In the past, MAS MS players used to lose to CHN MS because they had a mental disease called Rashid who told them CHN MS was better than them. Now MAS MS found a cure called Frost who s also providing comprehensive treatment to prevent a relapse.

If Soo Teck Zhi defeats his next CHN opponent who is three years his senior, and both AJC pedigree, you can say, it s an upset, but not ' so unbelievable'.
    'So unbelievable' sounds refreshingly enthusiastic but in this case, it s downright insulting to Soo Teck Zhi. You are implying that SYQ is supposed to be so superior to STZ that STZ s win is 'so unbelievable'. Both are equally raw; the MAS player just physically and mentally stronger to last the distance than the CHN player.

hannster likes this.
  19. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

I am sure he doesn't mean to insult Teck Zhi. He just loves to exaggerate things. Then he will soon apologize to you. Nothing new.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

congratulations to Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying for playing so well today to enter the finals. Amazing and good play. I am not a sour grape here. The Malaysian XD really played very well hence they really deserve to win today. Congratulations.