2016 SKYCITY NEW ZEALAND Open GP Gold : Qualifying Round-Final

Discussion in 'New Zealand Open / India Open 2016' started by CLELY, Mar 21, 2016.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes you are right friend. Anyway thank you so much for your support.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right. Kim / Kim performance in tournament is not as good as Ko / Shin. But right now for korea this second md slot will be a tough fight between these 2 pairs.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right. The indonesian md seems quite nervous throughout the whole game.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The INA pair had chance at first game, 18-16 then they seemed lost focus as the Koreans grabbed 5 consecutive points to seal game 1. Second set was gone case, Pratama/Suwardi started to produce errors while Ko/Shin performed more consistently to win the match.

Sung JH nailed her second title despite got injured at 11-10 game 2, she's technically better than Ohori who often flat-footed to receive Sung's cross-court shots. XD final was the most thrilling one, the more experienced Malaysian pair stayed calm in critical moment while Chinese youngsters rushed to pour hard smashes to kill their opponent quickly. We'll see whether Zheng SW would be paired up with his initial partner Chen QC or China still try to find another leathal combo for next tournaments.

Huang Yuxiang proves he's ready to step up to next level with his maiden GP Gold title, this young man has good development after last time I watched him last year in CHN Masters Final. Japan WD stamp their authority recently to bag three titles in a row, Matsutomo/Takahashi (AE), Matsuo/Naito (SUI Open) and Fukushima/Hirota (NZL Open), looks like they have tremendous transformation, not only solid defense but also sharp attack as well.

5. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Overall a very nice tournament, very well organised. The live stream was excellent, the camera works was bot bad at all for the tv transmission, the camera being close to the court, and different views being offered. The crowd was lively but also attentive and focused. It was nice to see some relatively new figures, specially in MS and WS.

6. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    am extremely sorry, I had a class hence I missed your post!
    To be honest I have only watched few SF matches and only 2 matches today, I won't be capable of describing their performance in this tourney!
    On a general note, I already posted that I really adore SJH, despite of lack of "special" abilities or any "X-factor" she has achieved quite a lot with her tenacious and resolute attitude! An extremely hardworking lady who travel throughout the season to numerous tourneys without much rest!
    SWH is really down hill actually I have never counted him in my "book of honours"! The Incheon AG was an exception though! I am big LYD fan in his absence only Ko/Shin and JKE/SSC excites me! The later had a bad tourney by their standards though!
    I also quite appreciate KHN, despite of so criticism and -ve comments she along with KO performed brilliantly last year!

7. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Exactly, they'll make it to Rio for sure, the only concern is how fair can KSH perform in both XD and MD event is such a high profile tourney! Kim's aren't reliable plus a pair easy to play! Anyone with lil patience can hit the nail on the head

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Hahah I am glad you didn't posted "the few other things" !
    Yes they might be boring, the rallies are always long and tiring, they don't smash much plus they don't do all those interesting trickeries! But bro there is no particular way/style of badminton! This is what attracts me more, you can achieve success by pursuing new/diff styles as well! Try to admire their stamina, focus, concentration and most of all their hardwork you'll automatically stop "hating" them if not liking them

9. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Huang Yu Xiang is far from being the next CL. He looked good in defence because his opponent today was not effective with his smashes. Against a higher rank or more accomplish player, you will notice the difference. Still a long way to go.

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Not at all. You'd better pose that question to his archrivals, Lin Dan and Lee CW, as well as a few others - I believe they will start to worry very soon when he begins his all-conquering and all-winning ways. Just wait and see.

11. p997tt

p997tt Regular Member

I was at the tournament for the past couple of days and saw some players lining up to buy food at the cafeteria. Kim Sa Rang was a lot taller than I expected close up. It was also the first time I've seen Kim Ha Na with her hair untied in real life too.

Huang Kaixiang was right in front of me in the queue. He doesn't look very muscular in person but his smash was very powerful, more so than ZSW.

rps20160328_020434.jpg rps20160328_020203.jpg

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wonder what food they were queuing up for that's worth it; looked to be not a short queue there.

13. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    and shirt collars! it makes the shirt look really heavy.

14. p997tt

p997tt Regular Member

The queue was long because we weren't allowed to leave our seats during a match except the mid game interval and the two minutes break in between games. One of my friends saw the Koreans were all eating the red spicy Korean noodle. She also managed to get a selfie with SJH too.

15. morpheus

morpheus Regular Member

It was Zheng Siwei/Chen Qingchen at the Thailand Masters.

16. renbo

renbo Regular Member

I have been watching the replay of the WS final, very interesting. Ohori is a player I wish we'll see more in the future. Beside her lovely looks, her style of play, dynamic, avoiding clears and long exchanges, smashing a lot and going to the net, is different then most Japanese WS and even most of WS. Refreshing.

17. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    We have been talking about her since the first time she clinched the spotlight! She is a slow improver it seems, the graph hasn't improved proportionaly as her style! I expected an exponential increase like AY if not like NO or KM! She is more like a flash fire for now! I have closely watched almost all the JPN youngster (I just have a liking towards them!) and she impressed atleast me a long time ago! How nice it'll be if she goes on NO style of success plus her looks! Talk about cherry on the top :p

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    re: Ohori. Some players have problem with playing lacking "fire". Ohori certainly don't have that problem. Unfortunately for the few points that I managed to watch, she seems rather error prone and not fast enough to cover Sung's shots. she also seem to have a little bit of weight.

19. renbo

renbo Regular Member

Yes, very error prone, and quite naive in her shot selection and sometimes execution. But she got me scotched to the tv!

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    she would get even more fans if she smiles a little!