2016 OUE SINGAPORE Open Superseries : FINALS (17th April)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open/ Singapore Open/ China Masters 2016' started by CLELY, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I personally don't think that the SBA will give up that easily, knowing how difficult it is to get involved in the first place. And Singapore has a long tradition of hosting the Singapore Open. :D

2. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    please explain why you think they will lose it if they get enough money.
    it's not as easy as just combining tournaments. on top of the prize money there are more requirements to run a ss tournament than gp gold that the public doesn't see. the tournament organizers have to pay for all of it.

3. sen

sen Regular Member

Standard for Super series is increasing, especially in the asian region. The european SS has not much competition, I would guess maybe only German probably can try to replace France. But for asian region, there are many countries trying to get to the ss level.

Yes, you are right, it is not easy combining 2 tournaments but my point is that there are enough sponsors in Taiwan.

4. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    as far as prize money goes the standard is the same worldwide. it comes down to the quality of extras you can offer to convince bwf you are worthy: hotels, ease of transport, financial/promotional power, venue, broadcast capability/quality, operational skills, etc.

i doubt france wants to be 'replaced'. the french gov't has been backing badminton initiatives in the country, starting at the primary school level. plus they're trying to infuse the nat'l team w/ the experience of peter gade. i haven't heard anything about germany giving badminton a significant push to the next level.

all of the asian powerhouses have one. which other asian country can afford to pour all that money into a ss? thailand, maybe, since they have some gov't support. i'm sure paisan rangsikitpho would love to add one or upgrade their gp gold.

i would not expect bwf to add a ss in taiwan. i believe they would rather balance the world and add one to the pan-am region: north/south america, caribbean, etc... there's only one small problem with that: community and corporate support, aka. $$$.

#504 samkool, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
    Loh likes this.