2015 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIAN Masters : Qualification to FINALS (1st-6th December)

Discussion in 'Scottish Open / YONEX RIO GP / Yonex Sunrise Indon' started by CLELY, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A bit more error-prone as well.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hera clueless how to play HBJ ?

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Dive retrieval from HBJ, not bad, lass.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

He Bingjiao simply outclassed Hera Desi.

5. Pirayeba67

Pirayeba67 Regular Member

Head hunter
    Hera Desi was defeated by HBJ in similar fashion in Vietnam 2 years or so ago. Probably that defeat still weighs down on Hera's mind.

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Early prediction anyone? CHN dominates again as predicted. 3 events sure winner WS, WD, MD likely.

I still hope INA WD, MD to beat them.

as for TS vs. KS, i give KS a slight edge.

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Early prediction anyone? CHN dominates again as predicted. 1 event is in the bag, WS and WD 85%, MD 75% likely in the bag.

I still hope INA WD, MD to be able to beat them.

as for TS vs. KS, i give KS a slight edge.

8. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    If KS wins tomorrow this will surely motivate him to perform well in the much awaited Dubai SSF...
    Today's victory against Anthony should be his "back on track" match

9. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Or rather probably Hera Desi hasn't improved much since then... Of course she defeated Linda earlier but then who doesn't... She hasn't played significant big tourneys also any head turning performance is yet to be delivered

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    I believe currently the young girl who stretched PVS in R1 is the best INA WS hope... Its good to see after few lackluster years in singles category the Indonesian young brigade of MS and WS is ready to takeover

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

You meant Gregoria Mariska?
    The following are three junior WS player in the national squad:

1) Hanna Ramadini (PB Mutiara Cardinal Bandung, Jawa Barat)
    2) Dinar Dyah Ayustine (PB Djarum, Jawa Tengah)
    3) Gregoria Mariska (PB Mutiara Cardinal Bandung, Jawa Barat)
    4) Fitriani (PB Exist, DKI Jakarta)

Hera Desi is not in the National squad.

Fitriani and Gregoria are a cut above Dinar and Hanna.
    Bellatrix is still recovering from injury. Linda, the senior, though is slimmer and possess more stamina now still she can't contend much with the rest of the world WS in Thailand, CHN, India and now Spain.

-Indra

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

[MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION]

Yes you are right no Korean players in the final. Korea send in the young players. Seems that they are not performing at all as I have mentioned for this tournament. The promising MS who are supposed to be good didn't pass through the second round for this tournament. Then only Kim Hyo Min reached the semifinals but couldn't win yesterday so to be honest I was upset because of this. Currently Korea has been depending on good senior players who can win.

So I was thinking what will happen when all these senior players retire? Hmmm.... Will Korea still be in good shape?

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Anyway most of my idols were not playing in this tournament. Even for today final match only 3 of my idols are playing. Compared to previous tournaments I can say most of my idols are playing but for this tournament most of my idols are not playing at all. But still I will catchup a bit of this final match later.

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I just hope that my idol K. Srikanth can win this match today.

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (12.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...8A3A43-948B-46F8-8C90-C1B980DE6179&d=20151206

China and host Indonesia have guaranteed 1 title through women's singles and mixed doubles respectively. Home shuttlers will feature in all finals except women's singles when last hope Hera Desi was outclassed by He BJ yesterday.

XD, Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA) v Praveen Jordan/Debby Susanto (INA)
    Head-to-head stats : 1-0
    Mixed doubles final will stage two local best pairs, former champion Ahmad/Natsir who got sent packing at first round at two consecutive Superseries tournaments are trying to make amends and regain self confidence here. In contrary, Jordan/Susanto have positive improvement lately and pretty stable in last couple of top-tier events. It's easy path for top-seed en route to last round including semifinal round to destroy Chinese less experienced pair, Li JH/Huang DP. Third GP Gold final in this year for Indonesia number two pair after Malaysia Masters and Thailand Open, will it be third time lucky for Jordan/Susanto?

WD, Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Greysia Polii (INA) v Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-3
    As predicted earlier, top-ranked Indonesian Maheswari/Polii will meet arch-rival Chinese pair at finale after they're only tested by younger compatriots started from the early round. Tang/Yu is still favoured to top podium, considering their consistent performance lately to win title in Bitburger Open, China Premier and being runner-up in Hong Kong. This combination has high possibility to be permanent pair at future tournaments.

WS, He Bingjiao (CHN) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 1-0
    The battle of Chinese teenagers who spring surprise performance here, both He and Chen knocked out tournament favourites, Sindhu and Maria Febe respectively at last eight, boosted their confidence to step up into final round. These new generation player is expected to rise soon to face emerging talents from other nations. The left-handed He BJ is favoured to bag second GP Gold title here after China Masters last April.

MD, Berry Angriawan/Rian Agung Saputro (INA) v Chai Biao/Hong Wei (CHN)
    H-2-H : 0-0
    Second seed Chai/Hong look pretty consistent in last couple of tournaments recently, China Premier and Hong Kong Open. Their final rival is the unseeded Angriawan/Saputro who also delivered good result last week in Macau, all four home seeded pairs were sent packing at quarterfinal, Ahsan/Setiawan, Pratama/Saputra, Nayaka/Yusuf and Gideon/Sukamuljo.

MS, Srikanth Kidambi (IND) v Tommy Sugiarto (INA)
    H-2-H : 1-2
    The showdown of top-two seeds, home best player has slight advantage to overcome his higher-ranked opponent. It's first final for Srikanth after a series of poor performance in last eight months, his confidence seems back on right track gradually throughout this tournament but the resilient Sugiarto is tough hurdle to overcome.

16. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yes I was refering to Gregoria Mariska...
    Thanks for the info, good job mate :)

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The young INA cohort, both MS and WS, is very promising and holds the future of INA badminton. I believe in a year's time,we would see one or two from each category rise among the top 10, esp in MS.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yu Yang is certainly unfazed by the occasion, she's been in much bigger occasions before in her career a number of times. But the same cannot be said for Tang Yuanting who appeared somewhat nervous and too eager to finish off the rally.

Relax, TYT, take it as a learning experience, it's only a GPG though psychologically not insignificant. I'd prefer she let herself go and enjoy the occasion. Then she'd be better able to handle her nerves and thereby gain the experience to do so in future, whatever the occasion.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yu Yang's soft touches at the net not as good as Ma Jin's but in all other aspects she is superior.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The shot is nearer to TYT, yet she leaves it to YY.