2015 Thaihot CHINA Open SS Premier : SEMIFINALS (14th November)

Discussion in 'Korea Masters / China Open / Hong Kong Open 2015' started by CLELY, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

How will fitness level increase when Five Days in a week,he is busy selling underwear and the rest two days spending time with XXF ???

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Once again, the quality of the match, Lin Dan vs Lee CW, and the way LCW disposed of his earlier opponents,such as CTC and JOJ, and the way Chen Long despatched his opponents,such as VA and SWH - prove to us that the Super Trio, Chen Long, Lin Dan, and Lee CW, are in a league of their own.

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Exactly, he's had too much of the good old high life to go back to training tirelessly.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, fitness issue compounded by low motivation is the bane of Lin Dan now.

I can tell you, all the 10 losses to others this year he may not care too much, but this defeat to LCW and the two defeats to Chen Long earlier, he takes them to heart. That,to me,is good in the sense that it may create a sense of urgency in him. We'll see if we know the answer soon.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

His training regimen has definitely dropped, it was upon his request specially structured to suit his new needs , eg age, lifestyle, other personal commitments. In other words, he's no longer training as hard as before the long one-year hiatus after LOG'12.

6. Nine Tailed Fox

He trained really hard for WC13......He told the reporters that he had already suffered those cramps in training which LCW suffered in the Finale.........Sad thing is,i was once browsing pics of Chinese players sprinting(in Mountain Areas i suppose) Before the WC this year and Lin Dan was nowhere to be found.....Chen Long was sweating hard...

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Frankly speaking, to be fair , when we think of how many agonising heartbreaking defeats LCW has suffered at Lin Dan's hands, esp at the majors, this one rare defeat of Lin Dan's at the semifinal of a PSS tourney to his old perpetual opponent is no big deal. I mean there's no need to feel sorry for Lin Dan.

In fact, I very much hope this defeat is just what Lin Dan needs to finally get his act together. Often great rivalry brings out the best in them. With both LD and LCW as well as CL all going after the same goal, Rio 2016, and CL and LCW now on the ascendancy, LD will be forced to step up as soon as possible.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LD changing his jersey to a different colour was meant to be a reminder to LCW of WC2013 held in Guangzhou.

LD obviously thought about and planned this antics. Too bad it didnt work out for him.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To put it bluntly, if Lin Dan keeps beating LCW even when he (LD) is not at his best, he is likely to let his guard down or ,worse still ,become complacent.

For me, I'm hoping this defeat to LCW may , and I wish, do Lin Dan more good than harm. High time for Lin Dan to stop the rut and start his winning ways again.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

LOL....................So,.LD already planned before the match that if the match will go to a decider...he will bring out his 'glowing green jersey' that will make LCW get scared thinking what happened 2 years and 3 months ago.........and he will ultimately lose the match?

11. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

in mid 2nd game, LCW had his pants shorter as like 80s players wearing...

12. Nine Tailed Fox

i thought LCW was playing in underwear for a moment wondering how quickly he removed his shorts.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Chen Long is one player who the more he plays a particular opponent, the better he is at beating him. To me, the match with LCW tomorrow is beneficial for him. The more often he plays LCW, the better.

14. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

Isn't it a nice tactics to tell lin dan that he can also sell underwear? Give him some psychological pressure?

Then again, the match actually just shows that they are still the 2nd and 3rd best in the world.

15. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    LCW's fitness is good for a 33-year old.

16. greentee

greentee Regular Member

Looks at around the 1 hour mark just before the 3rd game in Taipei:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDA44Qg0nqQ

All he cared was the sponsorship instead of focusing to win. He basically lost me as a fan after that game.

And I'm so glad that LCW won.

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Oops! Sorry again, my brain didn't sync with my hand to type it.

18. nilavu

nilavu Regular Member

Regular & Boring
    If anyone noticed , LD and LCW both won 59 points in the semifinals.
    Also, LD took 2+ chances to complete the 1st set, however lost to LCW in 2nd and 3rd.

One plan could be , make LCW play more points , longer time, to make him tired enough ..so that CL will face a comparatively tired and slower LCW.
    But then again, this is an assumption.

Nevertheless, LCW is in a very good form than early this year, both physically and mentally.