2015 DUBAI World Superseries Finals : Day 3 (11th December) - Group Stage

Discussion in 'BWF Destination Dubai World SS Finals 2015' started by CLELY, Dec 10, 2015.

1. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Ah, so happy to see three INA representatives for today. Hopefully they win it!

As for Carolina Marin case, I am also one who think that she is interesting player. Her technique, movement, mental strength, it s so great to watch. Apart from her shrieking habit, I think she is a real deal. I hope she learns to reduce it next year. LXR is the closest player to beat her imo in her best, such a complete player as well. Okuhara can defend her ground but without killing shot she still has works to do (what I love from this girl is her tendency to killing is there), WSX same case as Okuhara, but she tends to be defensive while it matter most; Ratchanok still has advantage h2h with CM, amazing, but usually someone will beat her before meeting Marin. . Wang Yihan is an offensive player, but lack of creativity always cost her against Marin. Saina needs to fix her mental issue, when shes focus, she has the ability to beat anyone, but her mind lately just... . While Tai is a headcase, I just love to see her genius strokes while hate when she plays like crap. Nonetheless, we are treated with so many good WS players atm, so I guess it s better to love than to hate, no one knows when we will see something like this again.

#261 aulia, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

I like this summary of WS here.
    For RIO, my take is LXR is in.
    Japan WS, NO is in, but not sure of AY as (again) I noticed several "noticeable" results from others. AY abit inconsistent results lately.
    In terms of stroke play, 2 players stands out in RI and TTY. I just love watching them play when they are on top of their game. In yesterday match between TTY and Saina, TTY was so casual and wonderful when she played her numerous "tricks". I am sure many top players wished they have half of these bags of TTY tricks and boldness to play them against top players.
    The few really hard runners I would classify are CM, NO, AY,WYH and WXS. But I take my hat off for CM because I think she is amazing to "emerge" from a non-top Badm nation and got everyone "notice". It is not easy to train when you do not have good sparing partners.
    To me, WS is the most exciting and unpredictable among the 5 disciplines at present.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

Still Natsir/Tontowi can't progress they lost twice already. The top of the group is HKG pair then the British Adcocks.

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

So Jordan/Debby progresses as runner up of the group.

5. indrg

indrg Regular Member

not INA WD... they are Polli/Maheswari

6. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

I was thinking Marin has visited Tai's room before and set a deal. She's like " Tai, if you can beat Saina for me, we will split the prize i receive later".

Marin should really thank Tai for her winning over saina.

7. detailermart

detailermart Regular Member

Profesional Detailer
    LYD/YYS meet Ahsan/Hendra again? funny how the two teams in the same group meet in the semifinal? whats the point of being group leader when they can meet other leader?

8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This format is not interesting at all. If players or pairs should meet again, it should be in the final.

9. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

Why? Can someone explain, please.:confused:

10. detailermart

detailermart Regular Member

Profesional Detailer
    cant agree more on this