2015 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : SEMIFINALS (6th June 2015)

Discussion in 'Australian Open / Indonesia Open 2015' started by CLELY, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Definitely i go with SSJ. Nobody can deny it that Other countries are equal in strength in WS department even few are better than them . I am being neutral here. This is current situation. And also except Singapore Open SS won by 21 year old Sun yu(where most of the top players did not play), China did not win any other WS titles this year. It is unfair to say Chinese women players gone down. But it is very much neutral to say that other country players had reached top level already.

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Justin, you line it neatly how the upcoming WC is a crucial junction on how serious one should take The Goat after his two 1st round exits... is he still the fearsome Goat or simply a great master of the past.

Of course the 2016 Rio is the undisputable benchmark for a player's very existence, in particular for one of such paramount class, The Goat, but the WC may serve as the clear mid-term indication.

3. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Just enjoy the euphoric moment while it lasts :D

You are definitely right if you take the time reference of a short span.... the past nine moments (!?) and from how many SS & SSP tournaments.

But let's see from a longer time span...and I'll save my verdict just after 2016 Rio ;)

I vaguely recall there's a period of gloomy achievements of CHN WS squad in the past but then they overhauled and turned over the table, just can't remember when the sour period was. Perhaps someone here can help illuminate my unfaithful memory :p

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    The 2015 profile list of both WS finalists at my post #681 shows the obvious ups and downs of each player in the entire 2015 tournaments so far, ranging from the qualification round exits (Yui) up to be the winner (RI at 2015 BAC). Consistency is just an elusive word here.

Anyhow, I predict RI will own this match.

5. Lokesh

Lokesh Regular Member

business
    Yes . I accept this. If you consider Consistency as the key factor, we have to see regular QF or SF appearances. I have to admit, Carolina marin is in top of all the WS players. She is very consistent.

1. Carolina Marin played 7 tournaments so far. 5 finals ( 2 runner ups, 3 titles - All England, Malaysian Open, Australian Open ), 1 semifinals, 1 1st round -Indonesia open . Did not consider sudirman cup and BAC.

2. Saina Nehwal played 6 tournaments excluding BAC and sudhirman cup.

3 finals (2 titles , Syed modi india GPG, India Open 2015 SS , 1 runner up - All England), 1 semifinals, 2 QF (Australia Open, Indonesia open)

3. Li Xuerui played 4 tournaments excluding sudirman cup and BAC.
    (1 finals , Runner up - Malaysia open ), 1 QF , 2 2nd round .

Oops. I got to go . I update it later when i get time.