2014 Yonex-Sunrise INDIA Open SS : Qualifying & R/32 (1st & 2nd April 2014)

Discussion in 'Malaysia GPG / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Shixian took the first game 21-15.. Sindhu is completely out of synch today.. So many unforced errors..

2. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Hmm, so Ma Jin is back with Wang Xiaoli and Yu Yang gets Tang Yuanting now?

3. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    I'd rather say she was overconfident before she came on court and underestimated her opponent.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What happened at 7-all in G2? Why was WSX faulted by the umpire (service judge)?

5. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    Go Go Go Go. Greysia/Nitya! :D Make an upset!

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    This time it's over for sindhu.. Sindhu has volley of unforced errors ..

7. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sindhu lost today..

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Wang SX needs hard effort to overcome her nemesis P.V.Sindhu here, 21-15 / 12-21 / 21-10.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

INA WD Della/Anggia created upset to defeat 4th seed Korean Jang YN/Kim SY but too bad 7th seed Pia/Rizki succumbed to Thai pair and the other two Greysia/Nitya also Suci/Tiara lost to Chinese opponent.

10. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Sindhu seemed to have the momentum at the start of the third, and then just had a massive brain fart after that. Strange - it's almost like she had no great desire to win. I didn't notice anything particularly spectacular from WSX in reeling off all those points.

One birdie down and one more to go tomorrow...:eek:

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

After winning G1 convincingly G1, WSX inexplicably lost her footing in G2 but in G3 she pulled herself together and anticipated Sindhu's attacking shots better. Keep it up, good job.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kang Jun/Liu Cheng bested MAS Hoon/Tan in emphatic manner.

13. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Nice... Fran/Bona took the 1st game vs KSR/YYS 21-18 after trailing 0-5, 1-8, 8-12, 13-15.

Now they are leading 8-2 in the second game.

14. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    These young indian women players; such as Sindhu & Saina, seem especially hostile and unfriendly whenever they play against the chinese players as if they have an axe to grind (i'm sure an indian would say the same about the chinese in retaliation but man, don't forget the chinese are the world champions & superpower in badminton - they earned their place in the sun if you may). You can tell by these indians' competitiveness, their stubbornness and refusal to change the shuttle, reluctant handshakes; etc. They would also excel frequently and are particularly hard to defeat when they are up against a chinese player but would lose meekly to a non-chinese at the next hurdle. It is as if the entire management & coaching staff would have a chinese face/mask for target practice everyday. The lure or promise of lucrative deals; fame; rewards and untold riches whenever they can beat a top chinese player - never mind not winning the tournament. Not to mention the great satisfaction from the media/sponsors as well as the less educated mass of the nation & this forum. Such is the mentality me thinks - need to monitor this indian psyche closely in the coming years to see how it develops for better or worse.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    One of the stupid and funniest comment i have ever seen..

These young indian women players; such as Sindhu & Saina, seem especially hostile and unfriendly whenever they play against the chinese players as if they have an axe to grind - This is totally irrelevant and unnecessary . It goes for chinese players as well..

The lure or promise of lucrative deals; fame; rewards and untold riches whenever they can beat a top chinese player - never mind not winning the tournament - Are you out of mind mr. tsae !!

Not to mention the great satisfaction from the media/sponsors as well as the less educated mass of the nation - Bull ****. Less educated mass ?? I must say that goes for chinese mass not for india. Not even a single umpire of chinese descent can speak in english. She/he can say only 'ok' 'ok' when a player approaches her/him. I have seen so many times. And also, i have to say one thing here about the brilliantness of chinese mass. I have watched sindhu's match against Li Michelle of canada in the finals of macau open 2013. In that match, whenever Li Michelle got a point, the total mass went out of board shouting "china" "china" "china". Where does "china" comes here when both the players were from different country !!.. Before targeting other country masses, i ask their fans to see their mirrors.. Lol.

16. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    indeed WSX come well prepare for SIndhu this time... 3x defeats, lesson learn

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    i got the feeling, this pair is going to be splits...

18. otidh

otidh Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Wow, it turned out that KSR/YYS are who finally took the second game. After trailing 1-4, 2-9, 12-16, 18-18, they sealed the second game 22-20. The situation was like the first game, one could not keep the big lead.

Let's see who take the decider.

19. dieter_spath

dieter_spath Regular Member

No need to be so satire on Indian WS players. In my view, all non-CHN WS players around the world want to beat top Chinese WS players. The reason is quite obvious, in a sense like that, for a CHN MS player, it's meaningless to win a title if Lee Chong-Wei doesn't participate the tournament.
    CHN WS players are so strong that there's nothing to be blamed on to those indian players for any reasons .

20. doantram

doantram Regular Member

Student
    I do agree that tsae75 comment went overboard and there are many points in his argument that are invalid but your comment is just as bad as him.

ONE PERSON/GROUP OF PEOPLE'S ABILITY TO SPEAK ENGLISH DOES NOT DETERMINE HOW INTELLIGENT THEY ARE. Since when you are not brilliant if you can not speak English? Since when English became the scale to measure how intelligent one is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.