2014 Victor KOREA Open SS : SEMIFINALS & FINALS (11th & 12th January 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Had the match just now gone to three games, I'm sure WYH with her power of endurance would still outlast IR to emerge winner.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    post of the day so far:D
    maybe he is world most rich people,hit jackpot every week:p

3. rajat_remar

rajat_remar Regular Member

The only problem with IR is that she makes a lot of unforced error. I like the way she plays, but i still prefer WYH over IR.

4. cheeyf

cheeyf Regular Member

rooting for the new CHN pair but they are trailing :S

5. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

21-12 for Denmark pair... hopefully they can break the duck

6. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

Gangnam Style dance from Boe/Mogensen cheered up the crowd... :eek:

7. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

China's search for a reliable man's doubles pair continues. For the first time in many years China's TC team looks vulnerable this year. Its UC team remains very strong.

8. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

As far as this year's Korean Open is concerned I am actually more interested in whether China can come up with reliable man's double combinations than CL and WYH winning against LCW and IR respectively.

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, CHN squad starts 2014 confidently to scoop 4 titles, left 1 who claimed by fave Danish pair in the anti-climax MD final. Chen Long and Wang Yihan overcame very tough opponent, world #1 and defending champion Lee Chong Wei and reigning World Champion Ratchanok Intanon respectively in straight sets.

Next stop, we'll see the more competitive MAS Open SS Premier :)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I haven't seen the match but I have seen the BF comments in this thread :D

As I saw yesterday, CL's attack is simply too good for Chong Wei. Steep and accurate when he wants it. Patient rallying, and looks like some awesome netplay today. The result played out for CL to win.

In the future, it will be difficult for LCW to beat Chen Long. Chen Long has LCW's mojo....

Unless CL gets some sort of injury...

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I share your concern for CHN TC team regarding their MD woes. Liu Cheng/Kang Jun still developing, Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen still young juniors, similarly for Huang Kaixiang/Zheng Siwei, and CHN continues searching and experimenting. This week, Fu HF partners Hong Wei, next week Fu will partner with Zhang Nan...when can a solution be found in time for the Thomas Cup, I wonder.

Very true that CHN Uber Cup team is rock solid with LXR,WYH and WSX in that order the top 3 WS in the world (IR is 4th at best) in my opinion. As for CHN WD, need I say more.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u forget about li gen?how come?:confused:
    i bet li yong bo will be angry with u:mad:

13. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Agree with your statement. I think based on his age of 31 going on to 32 this year, Lee Chong Wei should reduce his participation in SS tourneys except for Premier SS tourneys. He should use the Premier SS to peak for Asian Games in Korea and World Championships in Denmark. The Premier SS tourneys should give him a platform to analyze CL's game and really go all out for the 2 majors. I get the feeling that LCW is not really pushing himself to his max limit especially against CL during this Korean SS for 2 reasons. First, why should LCW peak now when it will only give CL the opportunity to improve further by analyzing LCW's strengths while at the same time rectifying his own weaknesses. Team China has been very good in using video analysis on LCW's game. Second, with the Malaysian Premier SS next week and the possibility of them clashing again, not to mention the higher level of competition, I don't think that it is in LCW's interest to suffer burnout or worst major injuries before the 2 majors. Frankly speaking, if LCW is to reproduce the form which pushed LD to 3 sets in AG 10, OG 12 and previous 2 editions of WC, he needs to stay injury free, avoid burnouts and avoid giving Team China the chance to analyze his game. Partly why Team China has send CL for this Korea SS and Mas Premier SS is because they want to analyze LCW's form and fitness, strategies and tactics to prepare CL and LD for the majors. Team China basically using CL as guinea pig to work out game plan for LD and they do it pretty well by selecting the right tournaments such as Korea SS and MAS Premier SS because as defending champion LCW has to win if not he loses ranking points and as a result his seeding is affected which can be costly at the majors. LCW has to play smart now and stop focusing on Premier SS and SS. It's about time he realizes this.:eek:

14. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

My next guess is some might ask how is LCW not playing to his max potential and form at this Korean SS. Well in terms of technique and footwork no problem but in terms of fitness, strategy, tactics and strokes, I don't think he is really pushing himself that hard considering Mas Premier SS is next week and with 2 upcoming majors. To be honest I think Msia should ask him to skip the Thomas Cup. Really no point in playing as realistically speaking, Msia should expose the second stringers and backup shuttlers now. Japan has Tago for next OG, China has CL, Denmark has JOJ and VA, Indonesia has Tommy. Sigh Msia has got to implement better planning and selection of players for the right tournaments.

15. liiil

liiil Regular Member

No wonder, they were born on the same day. :)

16. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    I have only just discovered this, and I must say that it's such a pleasant coincidence that my current favourite WS and MS were born exactly one year apart.

17. sen

sen Regular Member

Well, if the team is not optimistic, then it might be better not to send a team. But not sending a team or sending a team with just young player will make the tournament losing a bit of prestige.

On the other hand, I think it is better to send young player who will give 100% rather than sending someone but purposely not going to give their best.

18. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

IMHO, LCW has no chance or whatsoever to beat both LD (semi-final) and CL (final) in WC2014. He will settle with a Bronze or silver, again :rolleyes:

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    might be a better chance than LD qualifying for WC this year though. do we think BWF will give him another wildcard?

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    the bwf president already say he will grant lin dan another wild card.;)