2014 Maybank MALAYSIA SS Premier : R/16 & Quarterfinals (16th & 17 January 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jan 15, 2014.

1. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    langridge has a poor defense

2. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Mutual respect by purposefully losing? You think that's respectful? In the sports world, being respectful is by giving it your best no matter what. It's disrespectful to purposefully lose in the professional sports world. You think LCW feels respected that CL purposefully loses before the final so that he doesn't have to get beaten by him? Are you serious?

Anyway, it's nice to actually see your incredible (disrespectful) bias towards Chinese players finally showing through. It makes me not take your posts seriously anymore. Not now, not ever hehe.

3. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Um, I'm mad because Chen has robbed us of seeing the best possible match up on Sunday. But don't worry, I doubt my feelings are going to impede Chen's enjoyment of his birthday celebrations. LOL!

And he will never beat Lin Dan, at least in the really important tournaments. That is my opinion, and you have yours. We'll see who ends up being right.

"Show him respect"? You don't show anyone respect, at least not when you're actually playing against each other - that is the attitude of a true fighter, a true sportsperson. Chen isn't strong enough in that regard, which is precisely why I think he will never beat Lin Dan when it most counts.

4. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Pratama/Saputra take 1st set against YYS/LYD :eek:

5. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Indonesia take the first game 22-20. Top MD Korea showing some chinks in their armour again?

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I think YYS/LYD were created solely to counter and beat Ahsan/Setiawan hehe. Unfortunately that counter doesn't work against other pairs!

7. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
    Thank you Cheung! Now we found the answer to this CL performance mystery ! The report clearly said that CL has fever. If that's true, I would like to express my respect to him. The guy played through fever in the past couple days. He could simply give up, but in stead he held on to the final minutes.

BUKIT JALIL: Japan's world No. 5 Kenichi Tago gave Lee Chong Wei a massive favour after turning on the style to stun world No. 2 Chen Long in the quarter-finals of the Maybank Malaysian Open.

Chen Long who won the Korean Open last week by beating Chong Wei, was suffering from fever and was clearly not in his best condition as Tago won ....

8. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
    CL has been suffering fever for the past couple days. Read my post above ^^

9. swunk

swunk Regular Member

woah, Gill's commentary suddenly started

10. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Yes yes, it's just like Nadal in tennis. He never loses unless he's "injured". Seriously though, in Nadal's case, I actually believe it. Not sure about Chen Long.

11. swunk

swunk Regular Member

interesting... i expected the koreans to come very strongly in the 2nd game... but it's just not working for them

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Oh oh.. Already chinese fans found one huge reason for his defeat.. If at all, he was suffering from fever, WTH he is doing on the court.. Playing toys???

13. wcJin

wcJin New Member

Student
    Chong Wei not giving much chance to Du Pengyu

14. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, Wang Yihan lost the first set and trailing in the second set. Yamaguchi to win the whole thing? I think so!

15. koje89

koje89 Regular Member

Student
    Seems Ahsan/Hendra should learn how to handle Yoo/Lee from their junior. :)

16. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
    LOL, I didn't say the thing from the top of my head. I simply quoted a report from a Malaysia newspaper. Believe it or not, it's your choice. But if you want to blame, don't blame me but blame the Malaysian newspaper. Please don't kill the messenger lol

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Bad...g-Weis-biggest-threat-Chen-Long-sent-packing/

#276 typhooonn, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  17. SigH-Max

SigH-Max Regular Member

Another seeded MD pair to be beaten ? :eek:

18. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
  19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

You are letting your emotion get the better of you. I was fed up with Chen Long too, at first, until I read latecomer's view and realize he's made a thoughtful point which escapes me. As archrivals, there is no need to go to extreme to make the other fellow look and feel lousy; it's only the MAS Open, there are many more matches and bigger occasions ahead.

Btw, you don't speak for Lee CW (who protested Lin Dan's WC'13 wild card). And why is the MAS crowd so elated that Chen Long is eliminated by Tago or anybody else? To each his own.

Talking about mutual respect between rivals, was Lin Dan being disrespectful to Peter Gade at his Farewell Match?

Your 'not ever going to take my post seriously anymore' - is that an underhanded compliment ?

20. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    Now WYH is another one who wants to celebrate her birthday by losing? Ugh! Yamaguchi is definitely talented enough to beat LXR in the final, that is assuming she makes it through.

And fever, my foot! China has cried wolf one too many times for us to take any of their "cold water" excuses seriously.