2014 Li-Ning BWF WORLD Championships : Day-4 (28th August 2014) - Round of 16

Discussion in 'World Championships 2014' started by CLELY, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    Ok so we agree that limiting participation is unproductive and punishing fraud imperative.
    The only place where I disagree with you is your assertion that there is wide spread cheating. But I apologize again, if I have done injustice to your interpretation.

2. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    as i have written already that i am not here to justify my post and i am not at all interested in arguing which i have seen many people doing here before. .i stand by whatever i wrote, may be you people couldn't understand the point made by me or maybe i couldn't wrote it in a more understanding language. i never judge players by the country for which they are playing. .i like them because of how they play, be it saina nehwal, pv sindhu, wang shixian or whoever it is. .i support the decision of the chair umpire when she gives warning to sindhu for delaying tactics in the second round match of the world championships and vice versa. Enough said.

3. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I´m exactly your opinion. When I saw the Court 1 schedule I was like "omg what the hell". You already explained it perfectly imho. Way more interesting matches could have been shown!

4. indrg

indrg Regular Member

The host need to show WD,XD, MD, MS Denmark players on Court 1. It is understandable.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha. If you close your eyes, world wont become dark. Organisers did what they are needed to do to please sponsors especially li ning . There are so many reasons why they are selected something like that.

Even I dont like to watch any german players at all, but what to do? Organisers did this time. So I had to move on..:)

6. winzerer

winzerer Regular Member

We are all try hard to make badminton famous, aren't we ?
    for example you like it or not more and more people play badminton in germany.....thanks media and sponsor

7. indrg

indrg Regular Member

I would rather watch exciting Angga/Ryan vs. the Korean MD Kim/Kim on court #2 than Boe/Mathias vs. LXL/QZH on court #1.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, he's the dangerous dark horse who could surprise top two seeds here, Tommy has extra motivation to follow his father success to crown WC title in 1983 Copenhagen WC.

Many upsets happened in R/16, the highlight should be WS category that defending champion Intanon and former WC Wang YH were sent packing, eliminated by Mitani and Marin respectively.

Another big guns losing, second seed Juhl/Pedersen also XD 4th seed The Adcocks. Disastrous result for Japan camp as they only have two representatives at final eight. Their leading pairs Endo/Hayakawa, Matsutomo/Takahashi WC journey ended yesterday.

9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

There is no way Tommy can beat LCW if they meet.
    I'm certain of it, LCW is way too good for anyone in the competition at this WC.

10. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

We Malaysians always have hopes of a World Championship LCW victory. But decades of disappointments after disappointments (not just from LCW) have made us jaded and detached. Even if it looked like its a sure thing, we believe it only when we see it.

#190 pajrul, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I agree Devendra has been fair and non-biased.

12. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Without sounding racist or anything like that, but I realised from experience that only an Indian can have any hope of speaking sense into another Indian. So, thank you Devandra, for your impressive post.

13. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    and who will decide that what is sensible and what is not, if you don't understand what others are trying to say than sorry its your own problem. .talking philosophy is such an easy job to do for people here.

14. singhzico

singhzico Regular Member

Postie
    any livestream links pls

15. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student