2014 INDIA Grand Prix Gold : Qualification to FINALS (21st-26th January 2014)

Discussion in 'Korea / Malaysia / India Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jan 20, 2014.

1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Still indians are considering badminton as one of "unwanted" sports. When I was about to watch the finals, I had to cancel my outing with my friends and they were laughing at me for doing so. Lol. I must say, still lots of mentality changes has to be made in order to make this sport popular among youngsters. Thanks to organisers for conducting this tournament in UP where the popularity of this sport is much more and it reflected in the crowd in the arena. I must say that still only less than 1% knew how to play this sport. Its totally unfortunate.
    For example, if I want to play badminton, I have to travel 30 kms to book a court in a club . Lol. Incredible.
    After IBL, which involves money for this sport, forces players to work hard. Let's see , how they improve further . I accept [MENTION=7]Cheung[/MENTION]'s words. Still much more improvement is needed. Next two years are crucial for improvement . Hoping for the best.

2. Eva Fadilla

Eva Fadilla Regular Member

student
    so disatisfied why indonesia didn't grab any title in this tournament, althought they send the best player. what's wrong with indonesia?????

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    If I were in UP, I could have watched it live. But what to do..

4. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    line calls in india were not much better than china.

just read again in this thread, several times Xue Song and Deng Xuan complaint about line calls lol.

china players can win any title, home and away, without help from line judge. 7 SS / SSP titles already in 2014. in Korea and Malaysia.

but this time in India, with only GPG event, with only Deng Xuan, Xue Song and etc as main rivals. but host players need help from line judge to win 1 title. without help from them, absolutely no title for them lol

#364 Fortune, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    what about this ? lol

only against Deng Xuan, but Saina act like this, and need help from line judge to end her 1 year title drought since Denmark 2012

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Nobody need to forget how far chinese players will go when they want to win. Everybody viewed it at london olympics and got disqualified. Lol. Just because some of obnoxious chinese fans talk something unusual things othet country, it wont become true. Lol. Even bwf caught chinese cheating players red handed and disqualified. What happened?. Still they are free and playing in the tournaments as if nothing happened. Lol.

7. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

I think BWF has some part of blame in the incident at London Olympics 2012 as the system was never tried before and I hope it will not be used again. That is why BWF keeps quiet so far. Also, other nation players (i.e. korea) were involved too.

#367 ting_ht, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Let's all please move on to the next tournament. Thank you.

9. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

acting skills and 'wanting to win in any way possible' is not limited to countries, continents or backgrounds. neither is it taught in certain academies only.
    i'd do it if i think it'd help me and i really, really need it. also, think it was my coach who i once overheard saying, to make it a little more dramatic, even if you know it would not be ruled in your favor, because that could psyche the opponent out and take his focus off his gameplan/strategy :p
    because at times, there is a fine line between being a sissy and being polite/right. players have to choose what works for them in that situation!

10. typhooonn

typhooonn Regular Member

lol
    K.srikanth reached the finals, finally !

who will be his opponent ?