2014 BCA INDONESIA Open SS Premier : The FINALS (22nd June 2014)

Discussion in 'Indonesia / Australia Open 2014' started by CLELY, Jun 21, 2014.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    This INA Open is a PSS.

2. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    KT couldn't produce the form that he was in against LCW. It could be the aggressive play took its toll and JOJ relished against a less combative Tago. Tago will win one day and once he has broken the duck he will win again and again just Ivan Lendl and Andy Murray did with regards to tennis grand slam tournaments.
    Congratulations, JOJ, on your maiden SSP tournament win.

3. yamsyams

yamsyams Regular Member

All I'm saying is, while the atmosphere is great and you should be rightfully proud that the INA fans are cheering for the home players so loudly, it leaves a bitter taste when it is marred by booing. By all means cheer for your players and not for their opponents, and I would even understand if they booed for the opponent's timewasting etc, but booing on service is, IMO, lowering the audience's class.

Just an outside opinion :) Of course, you're free to have different views as well.

4. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    LYD'S voice is very deep I was shock hearing him at the interview!!!
    Well their must be English translator..I couldn't understand a single phrase!! And the anchor the so called "anchor" was also not upto the mark.....
    All the finals except the XD were straight set AnD not very close...I enjoyed the R32 more than the grand finale!! QF n SF were definitely outstanding especially LXR vs SN ,NJ vs WYH, RI vs WSX

5. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    The thing is, I dont remember badminton has rules like tennis when you cannot be noisy as spectators becoz it could make those players couldnt hear the linesmen voice, etc. Having very different kind of spectators is a bless imo, I love JPN viewers for example, they'll clap after almost every rally and seems very polite. Istora is okay for me, coz I watched it from tv, lol, but I do agree that we as spectators should show some respect to the players who are playing, and dont try to distract them just to make a benefit for our own player. Cheering is okay, but booing is a no for me. This is sport afterall, so should be no hating each other.

IN-DO-NE-SIA!! PROK PROK PROK PROK PROK!!!

6. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    Indonesia fans made the atmosphere incredible and I wish the players would come out with a little more energy. Almost every player look like they lost a game walking out and I found that a little disappointing when compared to the energy of the crowd.

Indonesia crowd and presentation of the finals A+, except for the women announcer who was kind of stuttering over the names of her own countrymen and the weird interview guy.

European players get a C+ , at least they acknowledged the crowd, JOJ get a B+ he threw out the most souvenirs and had a smile and looked positive.

Asian players F to F-, looked like they lost before taking the court, except for Ratchanok Intanon, she at least had a smile and threw some souvenirs.

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    #147 chris-ccc, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker