2013 Yonex-Sunrise INDONESIA GPG : Qualifying to FINAL (24th-29th September 2013)

Discussion in 'Japan / Indonesia Open 2013' started by CLELY, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Lol. You conveniently forgot what recently a 16 year old girl wearing t.shirt mentioning CHN who got superlative praises from many fans of her :).

2. loyal2INA

loyal2INA Regular Member

badminton viewer
    I'm sorry hauge,i just want to ask... if Simon is still grounded by Rexy,how about hayom? I dont like the way of act of hayom on the court, its seems there s no any eager to win..

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Cool lady coach who used to sit in the coach's chair for Lindaweni is missing nowadays. Could that be a reason for the sluggishness in her game?? Because i have seen that coach when she has beaten some of the big names . Does anybody know what happened to her??

4. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

stealing one thousand dollars is a thief, stealing ten dollars is also a thief, stealing one dollar is still a thief.

it is even more laughable that someone insists that stealing ten dollars is not as much as one thousand, so denied to be called as a thief... but yelled "thief" to others... LOL

#124 Jonc108, Sep 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  5. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Glad that Simon won this one :) Hopefully he's in good enough shape so that his fans may see more of his play!

6. indrg

indrg Regular Member

It is a sign that competition and regeneration are working after Rexi took over the head coaching and steered PBSI. Everything is earned! Indonesia should match the Koreans in MD and XD in future SS and GP. You are definitely envious of the accomplishments of Indonesia MD & XD. I can see it and smell it right away.

#126 indrg, Sep 29, 2013
  7. naistav

naistav Regular Member

A bit disconnect and miseading here.
    I believe the point is not stealing how much. But it is more that CHN did it too often and most of the occasions were for CHN benefit which other countries or fans considered not sportmanship actions. Most of CHN WOs were seemed purposed for thr likes: "making ways for other compatriots, conserve energy for latter stage that strong opponents are waiting, to help one player ranking points so ask the other that already good ranking points to lose or wo.. etc". Since it happened many times and too often then we considered as "stealing".
    Only CHN did that .. maybe because only CHN had that luxury with their team depth to do that. However, INA players oftenly when they have to meet each other.. they will play wholeheartedly.. although it will cost them energy while strong opponents are waiting.
    For the case discussed in this tourney, Sony and Ricky injury seemed genuine.. no unfair benefit being taken. No stealing at all here. Sony is injury prone as well.

#127 naistav, Sep 29, 2013
  8. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yeah. Agree. Towi can be very dangerous and rookie sometime. Both towi and butet were not at their best today but Jordan is really Indonesian talented double player. Too bad there are not much INA ladies at Butet's calibre hehehe.

9. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Laughable is.. when you didnt observe anything before giving comments. There were too many women ladies can do jump smash. And also Indonesian women. Even average WS player like Maria Febe did jump smash sometime. Oh.. have you seen Yip Pui Yin of HKG?
    I found your comment really *** discriminative towards women.

#129 naistav, Sep 29, 2013
  10. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Whoever told you that I have conveniently forgotten about Akane Yamaguchi, if she is whom you are referring to. In fact, I do not only think very highly of her but the left-handed Ayori as well. IMO these 2 girls, together with IR and the other young Thai girls are going to dominate the next 2 Olympics, not those young players from other countries, yours included, because those girls I mentioned have a different skill level altogether. Many people think so too. I have not seen much of the Chinese youngsters to form any opinion about their abilities but I certainly want them to be as good if not better than those girls. What’s wrong with that? I am a Chinese. By the way since when did you become a Japanese, Mr Ah Q ? ( Never mind if you don’t understand. Better not to.)

Supporting players from one’s own country is indeed a very honorable thing but in doing so you constantly cross the line of decency by nitpicking on China or anything related to China as somebody put it. You are so quick to shoot your mouth. Remember how you went “ Hee Hee, Hee…….” when the top 2 Chinese ladies lost in the first round of last year’s Danish Open?

Do you really expect the Chinese nationals and members of the Chinese diaspora in this forum to take it lying down when you do your nitpicking one time too often. I and many others here can reel off a string of China’s achievements in badminton and other sports in comparison with those of your country although China joined the sports fraternity so much later, but we choose not to do so out of respect for the feelings of so many members of this forum from India whom we hold at a very high esteem.

So what do we do? We are forced to lower ourselves to your level and come out with a sarcasm or two, and was I not flabbergasted when you foolishly “wore the proverbial hat that fitted your head” and went crying like a baby to the moderators on one occasion. I actually would like to hold you at a higher esteem, but I am now wondering why I even bother to enter into this discourse with you.

I know your standard stereotype reply will be “ what you have posted is only reflective of yourself” Am I not right?

11. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

Just returned to my hotel and I would like to share my personal review on today's matches :)

XD Finale -
    Tontowi made several unforced errors, well, perhaps he didn't have his best today. Liliyana seemed to be upset for these errors made by TA, especially during critical points in the last game.

As regards Praveen Jordan, he showed his talents and skills today. He efficiently made killing shot / counter drive towards the opponents many times. I hope PBSI would reconsider to summon him to the national camp, and try to pair him with other XD female player. Vita has passed her prime (32 years), and within 1-2 years she would gone to permanent retirement. It would be a waste of time for him to re-establish new connection with another partner, considering this would hamper his development to compete at the higher level at any other BWF competitions.

MD Finale -
    I am glad to see 2 pairs of youngsters threw their best against each others during this match. Ronald / Selvanus would become subsequent layer of talents to Angga / Ryan. I noted that the earlier pairs were coached by Herry IP too during their semifinal match. INA may rely the future of MD with these 2 pairs, provided, they could develop their technique, skill, mental, stamina and chemistry to the higher stages.

Btw, I was surprised both pairs were not assisted by any coach during this finale match. Perhaps this is a new policy applied by PBSI, where 2 sides of a match are between national players, then no coach would present and supervise from their respective corner during such match ?

MS Finale -
    Congratz to Simon, hope this new title would support to his future carreer. By this winning, I hope he would retain his status as national player with PBSI, and as such Rexy would gladly assign him to compete in super series competition in the near future.

I felt pity to Hayom, considering he was a native from Jogjakarta, many of the local spectators were loyal and threw lots of support for him throughout the game. But they went home with disappointment, especially during the critical points at the last game, when Hayom shot the shuttles out of the court repeatedly.

#131 clawhammers, Sep 29, 2013
  12. sen

sen Regular Member

Someone who just posted a few posts, and mostly the comments are negative. Maybe his/her mind is like what the username meant. You know what celeng means ? :)

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

celeng literally means wild boar or wild pig in Indonesia.

14. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Hopefully this GP Gold winning will motivate Simon to revive his career, too bad Hayom can't repeat his 2011 successful here. Congrats to all winners :)

15. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    Simon Santoso has delivered by winning the MS title against the young DHR 21-17, 21-11 in 41 minutes and this win has to be taken into account by Rexy Mainaky, Indonesia’s chief coach, in his selection of players for tournaments. In other words, SSand SDK cannot be written off as ‘has beens’. TA/LN were a bit lackluster in their match against PJ/VM and lost 20-22, 21-9, 14-21 despite their exalted ranking of world number 3 and seeded 1 for the tournament. They could have won if they had tried harder and obviously they didn’t mind losing to their compatriots.

#135 skchen, Sep 29, 2013
  16. celeng

celeng Regular Member

who are you to judge my comments?
    are your comments mostly positive?
    you make me want to puke.
    i find female players can't do jump smash laughable.
    so what is your problem?

17. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Just want to ask you 2 questions. Can you do an effective jump smash? Are you better than the female players you are laughing at?

18. celeng

celeng Regular Member

why don't they use their legs to do jump smash like male players do?
    that's all. it's nothing to do with what i can or cannot do.

19. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

Is like asking why a female does not climb a tree like a male. Many males certainly won't ogle at one who does. (Just for laughs)

20. sen

sen Regular Member

I was not judging, just observing.
    Feel free to puke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.