2013 World championship: Chen Long versus Lin Dan predict the result

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by Cheung, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Chen Long vs Lin Dan: what will happen?

1. The two will go for it hammer and tongs. May the best man win in an exhausted state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It will be a competitive first game, the second game will be a drab and easy game for the winner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Boring two games, obviously both not trying hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Retirement midway with "injury" or walkover

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    International matches with china players against china players are notoriously boring with the possible exception of finals stage. There are many accusations of match fixing so that the winner of the match has an easier passage to the next round.

Here we see Chen Long pitted against Lin Dan.

Chen Long is the no.1 player in China, has had big tournament successes against Malaysia's Lee Chong Wei this year, is the future of China's singles badminton.

Lin Dan is, well, Lin Dan. Never far from controversy but his badminton CV is untouchable. Proven track record against Lee Chong Wei in the big tournaments and proven walkover record.

What will happen in the quarter final match of Chen Long vs Lin Dan of the 2013 World Championships?

#1 Cheung, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. bennydut

bennydut Regular Member

student
    Head to head record is for Lin Dan... I'm gonna give it to Lin Dan.... Unless...... Big Boss whisper to Lin Dan.... Errrr.... your lil brother need to go through.... If it happens, we shall see a walkover tomorrow =)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    What time will the poll close?
    I am going to bed now and see if I will dream of an answer.
    I want to get it right this time.

4. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I think , they will play 1st game and someone retire in game 2 but who is someone bigboss choose?

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    hmm, who will walkover whom? LD or CL?

now that's the real question.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That is why the poll just asks what will happen. It doesn't ask who will the big boss choose.

I think most unlikely is last option. The home crowd will go mad with anger.

7. garbun0629

garbun0629 Regular Member

Hey guys...think about it.
    Lin Dan got a Wild Card from BWF. He must remains in this tournament no matter what.
    otherwise, China will lose a big favor for BWF since BWF so supports Lin Dan.

8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Just a reminder to everyone who forgot what happened at the London Olympics.

Why did the girls of WD did not "do one's best" and "brought the sport of badminton into disrepute" despite explicit warning by the Referee?

Because of one simple reason: there were years and years of walkover and not doing one's best, and BWF did absolutely nothing about it. That's why the girls didn't care about the Referee giving them the black card.

Let's see if the sport of badminton will be headlines around the world and China tomorrow.

The presidency of Mr Hoyer starts now.

#8 pcll99, Aug 8, 2013
  9. markuswair

markuswair Regular Member

Student
    I've voted for #2. That's the perennial classic pattern of any chn vs chn match. Ftw, Li Yong Bo would presumably decide for Chen Long to win. In today's match against CWF, LD played poorly in the G1. He made quite copious amount of errors and not as aggressive as he used to be (he's just lucky enough that CWF is mentally unstable). I don't think LD stand a chance against LCW with the way he played today. On contrary, CL played as epic as usual and trounced Darren Liew with considerably no substantial hindrance.

10. markuswair

Student
    Well, that happened because both pairs eager to lose, thus both pairs attempted to lose. If the case is chn vs chn, both player (CL & LD) could prepare a scenario so they would seem played with their best endeavor and missed some points purposefully with the endgame one of the purposefully lose and another purposefully win. Long story short, they could conceal their notorious scenario by ease in the context of chn vs chn.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Yea, hopefully there will be some good acting or performance tomorrow. :D

#11 pcll99, Aug 8, 2013
  12. markuswair

Student
    Li Yong Bo prolly have given them acting class as well

13. markuswair

Student
    Anw there would be another chn vs chn match tom. Ma Jin/Tan Jinghua vs Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei. Would another match fixing (most certainly in favor of Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei)?

14. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    I pray they will play it out man vs. man.

Do Badminton a favour, all the fans deserve it. Everyone talked about LD´s wild card. Then the draw came out and all of us were looking forward to see some tests for LD (well, Tago withdrew) to finally get a clash of teammates.

But expect the worst, so if they really go for it, it will be even more fun.

15. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    My thoughts are they will play all out to win, no fixing, the best player wins.
    LD is a legend the greatest of them all, CL the future CHN baddy emperor. LD is lean, trained hard and determined to win his 5th. CL is fantastic so far and in this year.
    Besides the locals crying 'bloody murder' to match fixing, I also can't see LYB issues match order to fix winner as both want to win, rightly so, both earn that right; 1 making history with a 5th victory, the other his first. Both can give LCW a hard run. As good as CL, he does choke. LD, maybe rusty, always brings his A game a notch especially when playing LCW. And this is WC, as important as it is, is not OLY or AG where a gold medal counts more towards enhancing a nation status. WC is still individual IMO. Just a thought and tonight we shall see how this saga enfolds.

16. dan92

dan92 Regular Member

I voted for "ice cold water" tragedy. :D

17. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    I guess, both will play seriously and Chen Long will win. Just my gut feeling.

18. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    They will both play seriously and Lin Dan will win. Not because Lin Dan's actual playing is any better than Chen Long's right now (in fact I think it isn't), but because Lin Dan has that heroic aura that stymies all opponents, not least of which are his worshipful younger teammates.

19. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I have to think about this carefully.

The 5 who voted so far for option 1 are either very naive, on some nice groovy mushrooms or have been living on a remote island. :D

20. visor

visor Regular Member

Doesn't matter who wins, I hope both will go all out in a rubber set lasting 1.5 hrs, for LCW 's sake. :D