2013 CHINA Open SS Premier Entry List & DRAW

Discussion in 'Korea / China Open 2013' started by CLELY, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Don't understand why Liu Xin withdrew,I'm sure she is capable of giving Intanon a hard time in R1, might even cause an upset, not too far-fetched to say though I'd expect Intanon to win out.

Her replacement, Chen Xiaojia, is just back from virtually a year's injury layoff (she retired for injury during her match with Juliane Schenk after one game up but deuce point down in G2, 21-14, 21-22, at the HK Open SS on 22nd Nov 2012), I doubt she is match-fit enough to take on any of the seeded players,let alone the world champion.

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    It's hard to understand for outsiders, but it's obvious for insiders.

Liu Xin now is probably one of the best, most competitive in China. But she's been kicked out of the national team long time ago. LYB doesn't want her to outshine his players in the national team. Thinking about this, if Liu Xin, once again, like in China master super series, won again the title at China open, then LYB not only loses his face for his players, but also has the pressure for including Liu Xin in the national team.

Same thing applies to Liu Jie, and even Lin Dan. As the manager of the national team, LYB can tolerate the young players, or other not competitive players losing before his national players, but he cannot tolerate to let the competitive local players to win.

Like politics, it's a local thing first.

3. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Thanks 2cents your insight information is always reliable and great to hear the truths coming out of Chinese badminton.
    I say LYB's time is up and his dirty nepotism should not be allowed to continue. Even at the cost of defeats at the China Open....
    I cringe at the sound of his voice even thiugh he has been so successful but where would he be today if not for Lin Dan ?

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    can i ask who is liu jie? sorry
    never heard of him/her

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker

There is nothing statistically impossible if greater than zero. But I would say one should look at past GP draws for evidence before drawing a conclusion from the draw of one event. In fact, playing two matches would be an advantage because it provides more time to get used to the conditions of the courts under actual match play.

In addition, are the maths wrong? Shouldn't it be 1/18 * 1/17 * .....?

#45 Cheung, Nov 11, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  6. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

She beat WYH in CNG this year.

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    1/18 *1/17 * 8 ? That would make 2.6%

I calculated 8 different combinations of two players appearing in the first qualifying matches. Wuld be grateful if somebody could correct me.

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
  9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    no live streaming...? Kakibara.com also does not have live streaming so far..

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

can't watch live score in Android device (firefox)...!!

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i see,thanks for the info

12. event

event Regular Member

The maths are indeed wrong. Any one player had a one in four chance of being in a bracket with 3 players. Think about it. It is no accident that there are neither empty brackets nor brackets full of four players. That is not random. It comes out that way because they fill all 8 brackets first with one player and then with a second player.

That means that everyone has a 100% chance of being in a bracket with at least one other player. Then with 2 players left, there is a one in four chance that you would be in one of the two of 8 brackets that had an extra player put in it.

If, after 16 had been drawn, the two Chinese players happened to be in different brackets, the likelihood of the extra players going into precisely those two brackets is one in 28, because the only way to get the number of possible combinations is 8-choose-2 or 8!/(2!*6!). Now as for combining that with the cases wherein the two Chinese would end up in the same bracket - in which case they would, together, have a 1 in four chance of getting stuck with a third player - that exceeds my level of combinatorics. However, I believe since there is a 100% that one of those two scenarios would apply, that the overall probability of having both Chinese players in 3-player brackets would be somewhere between 1 in 28 and 1 in 4.

However, I repeat that this is all moot when it comes to the absurd claim that 'Korea is match-fixing' since the draws are done in KL by the BWF, not in Korea by Koreans. By analogy, even if you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your brother was murdered while vacationing in Tegucigalpa, that in no way implies that I did it because I was not there! ;)

13. event

event Regular Member

I thought that name looked familiar. She played in junior events in 2006 and 2007. In 2006, she was in the semi-finals of the Asian Juniors, along with Wang Yihan, Han Li, and Lydia Cheah and was beaten by Wang, who later won. In the World Juniors, she was beaten by Saina Nehwal in the quarter-finals. In the Asian Juniors in 2007, she lost to Lydia Cheah and she was not sent to New Zealand for the World Juniors that year.

She now plays for Bayi in the CBSL, along with Li Xuerui and Qin Jinjing.

#53 event, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thanks!
    i yet to follow badminton that close on 2006-2007
    too young:p