2013-2014 Chinese Badminton Super League

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by RedShuttle, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Qingdao club where Intanon R plays for even got her Thai coach (of Chinese descent) to come over to attend to her during matches. It shows how serious Qingdao is taking the league championship that they are willing to pay for his services instead of using one of their own provincial level coaches as done in the previous edition.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Some interesting results from yesterday's (20th Feb) matches:-

Guangdong Huizhou Weihao 2 : 3 Guangdong Century City (where Lee CW plays for):
    Wang Yihan lost to Liu Xin 0:2, 7-11,9-11 and
    Wang Zhengming beat Tian Houwei 2:1, 6-11,11-9,11-9.

Zhejiang Yingjiang 3 : 2 BAYI but both Li Xuerui and Lin Dan won for BAYI defeating Shao Jingjing and Huang Yixiang respectively in straight sets, i.e. 12-10,11-3 and 11-5,11-5.

Jiangsu 1 : 3 Xiamen (the last match is still ongoing), Wang Shixian beat Juliane Schenk in two straight sets 2:0, 11-5,11-5.

3. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Semi-Finals, First Round (Best Two of Three to Advance)

GuangZhou vs GuangDong Century City

http://sports.cntv.cn/2014/02/28/VIDE1393555442846544.shtml

WD: Ma Jin/Zhong QianXin vs Tang JinHua/Yu XiaoHan
    WS: Wang YiHan vs Liu Xin
    3vs3: Shen Ye/Guo JunJie/Mei YiLi vs Cai Yun/Fu HaiFeng/Yu XiaoHan
    MS: Wang ZhengMing vs Tian HouWei
    XD: Shen Ye/Ou DongNi vs Xu Chen/Tang JinHua

Next round will be on Saturday, March 22.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Worth noting that Liu Xin accounted for both the defeats of first LXR and then WYH and just as telling is that on both occasions she benefited from the coaching of none other than Grandmaster Tang Xianhu; apparently it made a difference.

Can't wait to see Liu Xin finally back in the international circuit for which she's been registered to play in the Swiss Open GPG , starting her campaign as a qualifier where she is expected to progress to the first round to meet of all persons, Intanon Ratchanok, what a drooling prospect !

5. RedShuttle

6. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    3 v 3 seems like fun.

7. RedShuttle

This is too funny. Xiamen won 3:0.

But LYB, in his infinite wisdom, decided that WSX should play Schenk in the fourth match anyway to please the fans.

8. RedShuttle

WSX vs JS was not a bad game. Obviously, WSX has a big edge over the recent retiree.

Also breaking the news (or confirming the rumour) was the romance between WSX and CL, players on the opposing teams. Regrettably, they were not put in the 3 vs 3 match to beat each other up.

The 2nd leg of the other semi-final between GuangZhou and GuangDong Century City will take place tomorrow at 7:30pm local time. Live coverage may be available at the above link.

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

A pity, I missed your post and didn't get to watch the matches. May I know the outcome of the WSX - JS match ? Thank you.

I actually think it's good for WSX to play the physical J Schenk, good practice to sharpen her game; maybe LYB wants to push WSX hard for her own good and attain her true potential.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your post #68. That match was already played sometime ago, won by WSX. If only I can find the video on youtube or somewhere.

#69 Justin L, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The Xiamen vs Jiangsu match was the 1st semifinal as reported here http://sports.qq.com/a/20140321/024238.htm

Xiamen won 3:1 with WSX winning the only point for Jiangsu by beating J Schenk in two straight sets.

11. RedShuttle

Semi-Final between GuangZhou and GuangDong Century City

http://sports.cntv.cn/2014/03/22/VIDE1395497639423133.shtml

MD: Lee Sheng Mu/Chia Hsin vs Cai Yun/Fu HaiFeng
    MS: Wang ZhengMing vs Tian HouWei
    3 vs 3: Shen Ye/Guo JunJie/Ou DongNi vs Xu Chen/Fu HaiFeng/Yu XiaoHan
    WS: Wang YiHan vs Liu Xie

The next and deciding tie will be on March 27.

12. RedShuttle

Highly recommend the Wang ZhengMing vs Tian HouWei match above.

Due to commercial contract problems (Yonex does not want to see LCW in a Li Ning shirt?), LCW does not play for GuangDong Century any more. But...

LCW.jpg

#72 RedShuttle, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    No choice,, Yonex scared of losing Lee Chong Wei to Li ning.

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It's Wang Yihan for Guangzhou Huizhou Weihao vs Liu Xin for Guangdong Century City, and this time WYH avenged her previous defeat on Liu Xin by a close 3-setter, 11-13,11-9,11-9.

However, I think Liu Xin's comeback will be very successful despite her first tournament defeat to Sun Yu at the Swiss Open which also showed how promising Sun Yu is.

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Wang Zhengming, as usual, when he is very good he is fantastic with his rapid-fire attacking game and unleashing of lethal smashes time and again; even his unforced errors and loose shots are fewer than normal. If only he can do that all the time against anybody consistently from now on - he is 24 years old already, born 16 Feb 1990, it's high time he makes a definite breakthrough to be among the world's top few.

In this excellent match, Tian Houwei matches Wang Zhengming in speed, only a little less aggressive. Hopefully, THW, under Grand Master Tang Xianhu's tutelage, continues to improve and raises his game another level in good time. Born 11 Jan 1992, he's 22 now - I'd give him another year or two, the earlier the better, to make his mark on the world's highest stage.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What a tussle between Wang Yihan and Liu Xin, one that could go either way, quite evenly matched.

I actually watched again WYH's three matches in the last Swiss Open from the QF onwards against Saina, Sung JH and Sun Yu respectively, and now this CBSL matchup. I can't help but notice WYH has become more forceful and decisive, more attacking and a bit more deceptive as well, perhaps due to Chief Coach Chen Jin's influence; a very positive development in my opinion.

17. RedShuttle

CBSL Semi-Final 2nd Round: XiaMen vs JiangSu

http://sports.cntv.cn/2014/03/21/VIDE1395407639664515.shtml

MD: Liu XiaoLong/Liu Cheng vs Kang Jun/Tao JiaMing
    MS: Cheng Long vs Tao JiaLe
    3 vs 3: Hong Wei/Liu XiaoLong/Wang XiaoLi vs Kang Jun/Tao JiaMing/Dong YouRong.
    WS: Juliane Schenk vs Wang ShiXian (Exhibition)

Note that the final tie between GuangZhou and GuangDong Century City will take place on Wednesday, March 26, 7:30pm. It is scheduled to be streamed live at http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/155551_1351307817859.htm?logoClick

The final ties will take place on May 1, May 3, and June 5 if necessary.

18. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Somewhat unlucky for Liu Xin, I think, who had two linecalls against her for which she appeared visibly upset (the second one, the umpire actually overruled against her) and then there were at least twice luck of the net cord for WYH. In such a tightly contested match, incidents like these could have swung the match outcome the other way. Too bad, no linecall instant review system available in the CBSL.

Another thing is, the 11-point scoring system can also drain the players gradually, esp when it's closely fought and goes the full distance. In this instance, the two ladies were fighting tooth and nail playing at a frenetic pace, with the score showing little separating the two which was really the case.

Liu Xin's movement and court coverage as well as retrieving ability is exceptional, comparable to WSX's but unlike her, she is a bit more offensive, less reactive. WYH appeared reluctant to engage LX in long rallies and was usually the first to force the issue by going on the attack. If I hadn't heard wrongly, TXH was telling LX not to play long rallies too often but to take more initiative - upon reflection, that make sense to me as otherwise LX would end up mostly being dictated to by WYH and be forced onto the defensive more often than not,imho.

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Goodness, Jiangsu would be better off sending their coach Li Yu to take on Chen Long. Instead, Tao Jiale, the younger brother of ex-XD player Tao Jiaming, ended up being 'murdered in cold blood' by Chen Long, 11-1,11-4. In the 2nd set, I suspect it should have been 11-0 if not for Chen Long's mercy when 10-0 up.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

The WSX - JS match is the best of the day, thanks to Li Yongbo's arrangement, otherwise we don't get to see it as Xiamen had already won the tie 3-0 and the WS match was the 4th one.

In G1, the set was even until 7-all when WSX pulled away scoring two smash winners out of the next 4 points for an 11-7 win. In G2, WSX actually attacked a little bit more than usual, heartening to see but her offensive play over the months is only incremental, still room for improvement.

Juliane Schenk is one of the few foreign WS players that LYB holds in high regard for her physical, mannish style of play with speed and power (similar to Tine Baun). A pity she is retired but she said she will continue playing in the CBSL and other leagues when the opportunity arises. Personally, I feel she possesses the constitution to carry on until Rio'16 as she is now 'only' 31 years old, born 26 Nov 1982, and will be about 34 by then. Peter Gade, born 14 Dec 1976, was 35 when he played in his final Olympics at London Aug 2012.