2013-2014 Chinese Badminton Super League

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by RedShuttle, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131003/002865.htm This article basically says that, according to the CBSL regulations, for the A-list players such as Olympic and/or World Champions :

1) their annual salary per season should be at least RMB500K (five hundred thousand);and

2) their transfer fee must be RMB100K (one hundred thousand) and above.

Elsewhere, I read that LYB is lamenting that the CBSL which is now in its 4th year still isn't fully and truly professional and commercialized enough as compared with the more successful table tennis league but they are working on improving it to create their own model instead of simply copying the table tennis one.

In fact, a number of the clubs have difficulty raising funds and finding sponsors for which if it weren't for the bureau chief's assistance to get sponsorships a couple of them might have to pull out of this season. A few clubs also resorted to selling their star players, for example, Hubei having to lease out for one year Zhao Yunlei and Wang Xiaoli for only RMB100K each as well as Chen Yuekun, who just won bronze at the CNG, for a mere RMB30K.

Fortunately, the money problem was solved and we now have 12 clubs competing and,better still, CCTV-5 broadcasting the event (at least one court each round) and sponsoring every club RMB500K. No mention how much the foreign players are getting, certainly as much as the CHN elite players if not more as only the financially well-endowed clubs can afford to enlist (or bid for?) them.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This Li Yu is really something, a retired player cum (provincial) coach now but nowadays playing his best badminton ever than when he was a national player during which he was unimpressive - first, at the just concluded CNG he shocked Chen Long, now at the 2nd round of the CBSL, he took a set off Lin Dan in a high quality match, 2:1, 11-3, 9-11,11-5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yQdhZTyeUaI

Li Yu is to me a late bloomer, he's around 28 years old now if I'm not mistaken, CMIIW.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just found out another interesting result, in R2, Guangdong Century City vs Guangdong , won by the former 3:2, Yao Xue playing for the latter club, beat Liu Xin 2:0, 11-9,15-14. Perhaps an indication of the 11-pt scoring system creating more uncertainty in the outcome ?

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In one the CBSL ties on 2nd Nov, Intanon R playing for Qingdao lost to Wang Shixian representing Jiangsu, 0:2, 2-11 and 10-12 in 23 mins. It seems WSX is well on the road to regaining her form. But because this match was based on the 11-point system, perhaps we shouldn't read too much into it; a very good result for WSX, nevertheless.

Overall, Jiangsu defeated Qingdao by 4:1 with Li Yu (the coach cum player) winning the MS against Liu Jie. The only match won by Qingdao was the 3v3.

#44 Justin L, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  5. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

Ratchanok slow starter again and again she saved 3 matchpoint in game2but can't took game from WSX ,I don't surpise that she lost to WSX and this day I saw Zhang Ning to watch this game. :D

Personally ,I think Qingdao squad not strong same as last year, maybe this year they will not enter to semi-final.
    By the way Qingdao Vs Bayi on 7th NoV.,I want to see Ratchanok VS LXR match again after WBC.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

To me, in recent years, Intanon R is still the No.1 child prodigy. Perhaps after winning the WC, she's having a lull period, similar to what happened to LXR in the first few months after her Olympic triumph. With her talent and skills, she will be back and remain a formidable player to be reckoned with by everyone.

I think most of the players are still not used to the 11-point scoring system, Lin Dan for one until today is against it. On 2nd Nov, in his match for BAYI against Guangdong, even he required three sets to win it vs an unknown player, Jin Sheng, by the score of 2:1, 11-5, 9-11 and 11-5.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hi moderators, since this league tournament stretches well into 2014, could this thread be replicated or moved over to the 2014 Tournaments page ? TIA.:)

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In Round 6 played on 7th Dec:

Sun Yu playing for Guangzhou Huizhou Weihao beat Juliane Schenk for Xiamen Tefang by 2-0, 11-8 and 11-5. In the tie, Guangzhou HW won 3:2 against Xiamen TF.

Lin Dan (BAYI) needed three sets, 9-11,11-2, and 11-5 to overcome Liu Ming (representing Hubei San You Chun) and helped BAYI won the group tie,3:2.

Han Li (for Liaoning Quantang) surprisingly lost in two sets, 5-11 and 6-11, to Zhou Hui (of Zhejiang Yin Jiang) but luckily her team still won by 3:2.

9. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

10. RedShuttle

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Thanks a lot. Sun Yu is getting better and better ever since she beat Saina in the CHN Open; in the previous round of the CBSL, she overcame Juliane Schenk 2:0, now she upset Wang Yihan, also in two straight sets, 11-7 and 11-9, impressive.

Btw, Chen Yuekun for Shanghai Huangpu beat Wang Zhengming of Guangzhou Huizhou Weihao 2:1, 11-8,8-11 and 11-8; however, Guangzhou team still edged out Shanghai team 3-2.

In another tie, a certain Liao Junwei playing for Guangdong caused an upset beating Tian Houwei of Guangdong Century City, 2:1, 11-8,5-11 and 11-5. But the GD Century City team still won the tie, 4-1.

Also noticed Liu Xin's name playing for GDCC winning her match against an unknown(to me) player, Bai Xueyun, 2:0, 11-8,11-7. Don't know why Liu Xin was withdrawn last-minute from the CHN Open recently where she was slated to play Intanon R in R1, and also pulled out of the Macau Open GPG that followed. Hope to see her back in the international circuit soon, looking forward to it.

Veritably, the CBSL keeps throwing up new names, each one a potential worldbeater.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is sensational news. In today's (26th Dec) CBSL's tie between BAYI and GuangDong Century City, not only did BAYI lost 2:3 to GDCC, what's even more newsworthy is Lin Dan (BAYI) suffered his first defeat in the league at the hands of Tian Houwei(GDCC) in two straight sets, 2:0, 11-9 and 11-8, followed by Li Xuerui's turn to be upset by Liu Xin (GDCC) in going the full distance, losing 1:2, 11-9,6-11 and 7-11.

I've been looking forward to Liu Xin's comeback since the CHN Masters but I don't see her name registered for next months tourney, the KOR SS and the MAS PSS. Hope to see her soon, perhaps at the GER Open GPG or the Swiss Open GPG earliest after the Lunar New Year.

13. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

As I've reported in Lin Dan's thread, in 48 hours Lin Dan was inflicted his second defeat. This time to Xue Song by 1:2 ( 6-11,11-6,10-12) in R9 after losing to Tian Houwei earlier in R8.

http://sports.qq.com/a/20131228/005843.htm

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Other noteworthy results in R9:

Wang Yihan for Shanghai beat Juliane Schenk for Xiamen, 2:1 (12-10,6-11,11-6) but Shanghai team still lost 3-2 to Xiamen team. Also Chen Long for Xiamen beat Chen Yuekun for Shanghai, 2:0 (11-8,11-6).

Wang Shixian for Jiangsu beat Intanon R for Qingdao, 2:0 (11-9,12-10) resulting in Jiangsu winning the group match 3-2 against Qingdao.

15. RedShuttle

16. Henzy

Henzy Regular Member

Quality Coordinator
    I have a simple theory about this.

I think Chian does this so that their players have more energy in international series and events.

They probably want to give them maximum oppurtunities to excel there :)

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Just found out that in today's (25th Jan'14) tie Qingdao vs BAYI, Intanon Ratchanok lost in three sets to Li Xuerui,1:2, 11-7,7-11,7-11, and BAYI won by 4:1 with Qingdao winning only the MD.

@kwun , could you kindly moved this thread to 2014 Tournaments and amend the year to 2013-2014 in the thread title ? Thanks in advance.

18. RedShuttle

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Xuerui is to me still too error-prone for comfort. She must work to reduce her unforced errors in earnest. Lin Dan whom she looks up to and Chen Long both make far fewer mistakes, she really has to improve on her accuracy and shot consistency if she wants to emulate Lin Dan, much to learn for her.

I think Chen Jin is aware of this weakness of hers. I hope in the coming winter training, he can help her overcome this problem and that she will come out of it much improved in that aspect.

On another note I read that Li Yongbo has mandated that all the national team players compete in the China International Challenge tournament next month 11-16 Feb at Lingshui city, with the exception of Lin Dan who is considered not fully match-fit yet. In that case this IC, a tier-4 event in BWF classification, must be the strongest ever in BWF history. Looking forward to watching it on livestream at least, if available; TV broadcast will be ideal, not too hopeful about it.

20. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Thread moved.
    Re-titled.