2012 Uber Cup Finals - Day 7

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Finals 2012' started by hcyong, May 25, 2012.

1. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

As great as CY/FHF, they had lost twice in THomas Cup final. Once against Denmark in 2004 and once against Korea pair in 2008.

The only players who still not lost in final is Lin Dan. 4 times in final and 4 times win. (BCL and China MD2 also never lost but none of them play now)

2. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

thanks for the correction! i remembered badly then. :p hehe..

so as u said, Korean MD1 may have bigger chance tomorrow. we shall see.
    btw, did LD only lost once in all his TC matches till now? the only one to LCW? or there are more? thanks.

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    My biggest regret so far in the Uber Cup is not having to watch Wang Lin on the podium..She missed two editions already :(

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Only once to Lee Chong Wei in 2008. But Lin Dan has been unbeaten in every final appearance. That's an amazing feat actually. Nobody has stayed unbeaten in the final of the Thomas Cup.

Even rudy hartono and Heryanto Arbi lost before i think despite their team winning the match in the end

5. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Yes i am correct. Nobody except Lin Dan has stayed unbeaten in all final matches of the Thomas Cup.

Lin Dan is invincible plus together with Cai/Fu, China has never lost any match in the Thomas Cup regardless of the score

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

thanks for the info, miqilin. :)

7. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    On the side note, Taufik rages for no reason after the defeat by Japan, blasting both PBSI and BWF (involving Chinese match fixing scandals out of the blue). See his statements on the news.

To me, that's just cheap stunt to hide his defeat to Tago by continuously blaming Indonesia for asking him to play for the national again and again.

Well Taufik, is it very difficult for you to say no since you said you wanted the youngster to have better experience in Wuhan? Also, partly because of Indonesia's decline in my opinion is because of your self-centred, egoistic and selfishness. Regardless of how talented and "great'' you are as proclaimed by many fans, it's also your responsibility to share and motivate your other teammates from your end. I never see you share tips or advice to Simon or Sony in practice sessions or pep talk.

In conclusion, you didn't go out with a bang instead you exit by getting banged by the never-say-die Japanese people. It's your seventh appearance in the Thomas Cup event and i only see you helped Indonesia won once in 2000 and the rest are all defeats.

That doesn't look GREAT to me.

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

dont forget the Olympics champions in;

men single
    women single, and
    women double.

only a couple of months away for the full house

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    I still think it's not going to be cleansweep for China...it's going to be quite complicated than what transpired in Wembley last year.

But bear in mind. In the Olympics, China has successfully defended their gold medals in WS, WD and XD category and they were the same players. Who can achieve that feat you tell me ?

The next targeted category is MS and that person is LIN DAN.

MD is a long shot but a gold from that category will cement China's number 1 status forever

10. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Doesn't worth it, this head is no-brainer. :D

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  12. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    Sung Ji Hyun is a very good badminton player. She covered the court well and her defense is very solid but she is a bit slow due to her size. I think she will be top 10 players in the future. I found WYH has more problems to play big size players like S J Y and Tine Baun. I pretty sure Wang Xin could beat S J Y easier than WYH because of her speed on the court if she was field WS1 last night.

13. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it was very obvious that SJH moved much more efficiently than WYH in the UC final yesterday.

WYH collapsed mentally near the end of the 1st game and most of the 2nd game. she only won because she somehow woken up and shocked SJH with the comeback so much that SJH don't even know how to play badminton after that.

14. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Footwork has never been WYH's strong suit. She used to be half step short in many situations but miraculously, has improved a lot since her recovery from the injury.

Despite of her physical attributes, WYH's attack is just not very lethal. As evident in the last two games, WYH played hard but not got much result in many tough exchanges. Nevertheless, WYH's fitness won out at the end, helped in a big way by her calmness in a dire situation.

LYB was right for once, WYH passed the mental test but not the skills test. She must tune up her game to go beyond purely relying on physicality.

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Singapore viewers can watch the TC final on StarHub Ch 202 now, started at 2 pm.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For the entire Uber Cup, my vote for MVP(Most Valuable Player) goes to Wang Xin for playing the best badminton.

Wang Yihan deserves the most dramatic player award for her miraculous comeback win in a historic memorable match vs Sung JH.

Sung Ji Hyun for being the best-performing non-CHN player and most feared non-CHN player threat. She won all her matches except the last fateful one.

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

really? feel sorry for her.