2012 Uber Cup Finals - Day 7

Discussion in 'Thomas / Uber Cup Finals 2012' started by hcyong, May 25, 2012.

1. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

what an Uber Cup final! for me, the moment WYH took G2 after saved 4 match points, team China already win! WYH win in G2 not only destroyed SJH's morale, but almost all the korean team spirits too, and on the other hand, chinese players morale and confidence boost a lot to give their best play.. great job, WYH!! i'm lucky can watch your match today. :)

btw, WS1 match maybe can become evidence on how player's age n experience may contributing. young SJH didn't have all it needed to finish the match, while WYH with all her experience played nearly perfect to grab it. for that reason, WYH's loss 2 years ago is understandable i think. she was just 21 years too that time, wasn't she?

and oh, pretty lucky to became china UC team's WD2 and WS3 players. they even not sweat on court since QF, but they get a medal too. haha.. not to mentioned the other 3 spares. hehe :D

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I think the Wang YH - Sung JH match will have contrasting effects on the two players, WYH is galvanized and becomes even tougher whereas SJH is dispirited and develops a phobia of WYH in future meetings, I may be wrong, we shall see.

3. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Tomorrow, hard time for the understrength Korea to beat powered up China on homesoil.

Can China win the Thomas Cup for the first time on home soil, for the fifth time in a row matching Indonesia's feat, having three players of all time to win 5 consecutive gold medals for Thomas Cup.

As this stands,

Lin Dan (4)
    Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng (4)
    Rudy Hartono (4)
    Bao Chunlai (4)
    Chen Jin (3)
    Heryanto Arbi (3)

4. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, SJH maybe will able to feel the same pressure as WYH in this 2012 UC if she still can managed it to become KOR UC team 1st WS in 2014. but maybe no? becoz the coach's demanding on these 2 ladies might be little different? who knows..

for tomorrow TC, chances are still there for korean i think, but i might very hard to make it happen. but who knows?

5. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

btw, in addition, if china TC team want to gain TC one more time, i think it's the time. they might be wouldn't have such solid team in the next 2 years after LD, CY/FHF retired. for me, these 3 men players can be called 'the golden generation' in their TC team history, since 2004. but it's personal opinion afterall.. :p :D

6. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan should carry on to play until 2014...depends on who is hosting the next event. I believe DEN should host it.

Lin Dan will be first player to ever win the Thomas Cup in all powerhouse nations.

7. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    How sad. Maybe she'll be back as a coach?

8. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Women's singles transformed itself into one of the most exciting categories today because of the Chinese. No matter much other countries have improved, the Chinese will always come up with ways and tactics to get the better of the rest to stay on top.

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    well, Sung JH almost had it today. If Uber were held in a non-CHN territory, Sung might have won it today.

10. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yeah, we shall see about that. becoz this 5 stars little general of CBA has stated that he is bored already on badminton and take country's proud on his shoulders. let's see..

but for tomorrow, i think china TC has pretty big chances. CY/FHF might play not well in AE, OG beijing or others, but if i remembered correctly, they haven't fail to give points yet in TC events for their team. even when LD lose to LCW in 2008 (am i correct?), they still managed to win their match and make it 1-1. so, korean MD's chance maybe not that good? plus china's solid 3 MS, it would be harder. but still, anything can happen in life. hehe

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

yup, maybe. but maybe not too. coz china has pretty much peoples overseas. so, i think it still will be chinese supporters for majority? except they held it in korea maybe..

12. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    314192_365177333541861_1024381821_n.jpg

Meet the winners of Uber Cup 2012 ! Wang Yihan deserves to hold the trophy longer as the player of the tournament

13. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

Nice picture.

I think WYH has liberated herself with this match. Facing her demons again with 4 match points in front of her and finally slaying them by winning the match. Well done WYH, a true WR1!!!

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    who is the guy to the left of LYB? he is always there, but i don't know who he is

15. littlebro

littlebro Regular Member

He's the GM of Chinese Badminton team, that's why he is always next to LYB.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, Wang YH sat right in front holding the trophy,she deserved that special privilege for her amazing come-from-behind historic,memorable win !

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    thanks. may i know his name in Chinese.

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Also congratulatory wish should be extended to the Thailand team for bagging their first medal in Uber Cup.

It wont be long till they become 2nd seed in the next Uber Cup edition. I think Thailand is better than Korea in terms of women singles quality

19. littlebro

littlebro Regular Member

李卫国 Li, Weiguo

20. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

You forgot to add Rexy Manaiky who also win 4 Thomas Cup for Indonesia in a row.