2012 Swiss Open GP Gold: Qualifications to Quarter-Finals matches

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Mar 12, 2012.

1. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Congrats to all winners today..lots of exciting matches ended with deuces.

Especially to Ina players remaining, keep fight

P.S : Towi/Lily, are you trying to get me heart attack ? Won too tight vs "soon to be meeting every tourney nemesis" :D

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Chen Jin felt lucky to escape QF match by defeating 'hardneck' Daren Liew, or else his road to London will be in crisis...

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Mitani's victory

:D:D:D I am back.

The school team that I am coaching was to have a morning inter-school match against a Geelong (50 miles outside Melbourne) school at 8:30am. And I was to be with my team at 7:00am for the school bus to take us there. Therefore, I have to wake up at 5:00am. :(:(:(

Anyway, it was an excellent result for my team, defeating our opponent school (6 matches to nil). :D:D:D

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

A sudden-death game. It's the most exciting one. :D:D:D

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Just finished reading and found that my PAW picks barely managed to pass; 7 correct, 6 wrong. :):):)

6. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    This is the 1st phase of the so-called 'Indonesian disease/virus': feel safe already, reducing their pressure toward the opponent.
    Then comes the 2nd phase: when the opponent(s) gets closer one point by one, INA player(s) get panicked... Morale crumbles...
    Finally, the 3rd (and the last) phase: The opponent(s) overtakes the lead -> morale already on the lowest level -> it's all over la, just let it go...

Buh-bye... :eek:

Really dunno how to solve this. Perhaps military-style mental & psychological training might help. :p

7. sen

sen Regular Member

Yeah, I think they should change the scoring to whoever reach 21 first, then if 20-20, deuce but the most they can go is 23. Then we would see more sudden-death and possibly less time per match.

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Swiss Open Quarter-Finals news item from the BWF

Here is the Swiss Open Quarter-Finals news item from the BWF;
    http://www.bwfbadminton.org/news_item.aspx?id=60167

Friday, March 16, 2012

Indonesia’s Taufik Hidayat surged into the semi-finals of the Yonex Swiss Open where he will face China’s Chen Jin on Saturday.

The two former world champions, who have not been having the best of form of late, will be joined in the last four by second seed Chen Long and South Korea’s Lee Hyun Il.

Taufik, who regained his winning touch when he won the India Open in December, his first title in over a year, is slowly finding his old rhythm.

He is still a top draw wherever he goes and reaching the last four in this Grand Prix Gold tournament will certain help him in his quest to return to the top 10 in the world rankings.

The former Olympic champion is current 12th, three spots behind his compatriot Simon Santoso.

Taufik reached the semis when he beat Shon Wan Ho 21-14, 10-21, 21-19 on Friday. On Thursday, he has showed glimpses of his old form when he outplayed eighth seed Du Pengyu 21-18, 21-15.

Chen Jin, who is in danger of missing the Olympics, had no problems booking his place in the final four, taking out Malaysia’s Liew Daren 21-8, 23-21.

Chen Long and Hyun Il, meanwhile, ended Denmark’s interest in the men’s singles competition by beating Hans-Kristian Vittinghus and Viktor Axelsen respectively.

World No. 3 Chen Long took 47 minutes to tame Vittinghus 21-14, 21-14, while Hyun Il only took 35 minutes to beat former world junior champion Axelsen 21-15, 21-14.

Taufik’s teammates Alvent Yulianto Chandra-Hendra Aprida Gunawan gave themselves a chance to win the men’s doubles title by reaching the final four.

Alvent-Hendra, who will play in next week’s Axiata Cup, at No. 5, are the highest seeds remaining in the competition. They will face sixth seeds Naoki Kawamae-Shoji Sato for a place in the final while another Japanese pair Hiroyuki Endo-Kenichi Hayakawa meet Taipei’s Fang Chieh Min-Lee Sheng Mu in the other semi-final.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

If 20-20, deuce but the most they can go is 23

This is a good suggestion - "if 20-20, deuce but the most they can go is 23".

The sudden-death would be brought forward to 22-all.

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Then their 30-year old BAM official badminton curriculum needs to change. From young, Malaysian pairs are told to concentrate on defence first. Becomes a habit that's hard to kick out.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

They need to ask themselves "Has this approach worked consistently?"

12. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Sad to see Liew Daren losing so tamely to Chen Jin. Guess he still doesn't have the ability to compete with the top players just yet. Time is running out!

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Did you watch the match? He was a totally different player from G1 to G2. Once he got that aura of "it's Chen Jin" out of his head, he was more than equal to the Robot. Don't give up on him yet. I like what I'm seeing after being critical of him for so long.

Also BAM, please keep Daren at MS3 for the TC and let Yoyo be the sacrificial lamb at MS2. That's the only way MAS stands a chance.

14. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

That is reassuring to hear. Looks like he just has to improve on his mental strength and physical. Skills he seems to be already there... well, I wish him all the best...

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MAS fans should be very encouraged with his performance in Europe. I just see something different in him than what he was before. He has more self belief and that stamina problem is gone. I hope the BAM think tank don't mess him up

16. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Lol, my Ayane reply seems to have disappeared.
    Anyway, sadly, she has been relegated to the B team.
    Must have performed poorly in the Nationals last December.
    But I guess she'll likely play in Richmond later in the year, as well as some of the other Grand Prix/Grand Prix Gold tournaments like the Macau Open.
    Doesn't seem so bad a life to me, even being in the reserve team.

17. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Darren drag Chen Jin to deuce in 2nd set, not bad lah. If want him to beat a 'hungry for OG pts robot' then need to get CWF.
    In this Europe tourneys, Darren seems pissed with the the talk that its unfair Arif was withdrawn and he got to go. Darren is trying to proof the naysayers wrong.

#517 eaglehelang, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Stupid BAM should kick this retard Hafiz out of the Thomas Cup ? Why is he still the bloody squad ?? I will say include Daren and Zulfadi in the second and third spot respectively to give them more exposure in Wuhan.. They are not going to win the Thomas Cup anyway...so why bother being such a thick face and Kiasu organisation....shameful

19. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    To Arif: This is your answer, Daren have made it to the QF twice in a row now and fallen short of a few points from beating his better opponents.

Ask yourself Arif...you came from the same batch as Chen Long and what have you achieved since then ? Chen Long has moved to the top as Lee Chong Wei's challenger and you havent shown much progress in the senior level. Tragic....

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ya man, LX without the R is a world of difference !