2012 Olympics Day 8 (Sat Aug 4th) - WS/WD final - MD semi

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 3, 2012.

1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Agree, particularly her attacking style and aggressiveness. It's like dream come true for Li XR who has showed great performance in past 6 months and peak at right time, Olympic Gold, congrats!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thanks for the update.

so unfortunately. and so many injuries this time in WS. Sayaka and Wang Xin.

they will be out for months if not longer, and the recovery will be hard.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

What a tragic ending for Wang Xin. Hopefully she'll be ok...

4. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Should the umpire be responsible for WX's injury? hmm :rolleyes:
    Here's what Chris and us saw>

5. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Just a little piece of information to share before I forgot, WYH lost to LXR three consecutive times in their latest meetings in AE, BAC and IO. It seems LXR is unbeatable. :D However, prior to the OG, there was an internal OG demo competition. WYH defeated LXR 21-15, 18-21, 25-23. It was such a tight score.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

Fully agree, you're not the only one who feels this way. Of all the professional players, BoMo (especially Boe) are the WORST in on-court sportsmanship. With their intentional delays of service, shouting and jeering and finger pointing at their opponents, they consistently display the most offensive behaviour that makes my blood boil and almost "vomit blood". :mad: And it's pathetic to see how easily they can get away with it. :(

#826 visor, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  7. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

the umpire wanted to injure her on purpose. she needs to be shot for that. players have the right to play on a safe surface. lin dan requested his and got it y not wang xin? its total bs at this olympics judges screwing over a lot of people, especially asians. (*&(*&(&)&*(*

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I admit I don't really watch this Danish pair that much. I actually stayed up last night to watch both of the MD's matches. I thought there's a rule somewhere stating that one cannot take so long to serve? I mean the amount of preparation that went into doing ONE serve is crazy...

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    I wonder if BWF or CBA collect evidence regarding the wet surface prior to WX injury. If the evidence is solid, I think something need to be done on that umpire to prevent this incidence happened again.

10. fanyy

fanyy Regular Member

First time watching them play today and all I can say is they have poor sportsmanship. The birdie was clearly in and yet they still claimed it was out. Dude, everyone can see it is waaaay in. How are they allowed to take so many breaks? The Korean pair should've complained. Pretty boy Lee did kind of fail his partner.

The Chinese will take Gold tomorrow.

11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

for the MS, we have 3 of the top 4 seeds in the last 4,
    WS, we have all the top 4 seeds in the last 4,
    MD, again 3 of the top 4 in the last 4,
    XD, all top 4 seeds in the last 4, and
    WD, ermm.

still think the rankings don't count?

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

not unlike LCW then.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Did you notice how long WYH take to serve to Saina, how she shouted and pump fist and finger point...in their match? How loud CHN players are, especially the women? They are on par with BoMo.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Possibly she could see WX was panting and trying to use the floor mopping request as an excuse to have a break. I guess the CHN cheating perception is taking hold among the umpires.

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

There is a difference, in terms of who their opponents are and their peaking trend. In MD, there is no LD, MD dept is more open fight.
    LYD/CJS trend stayed the same for 2012, LCW's trend have some changes, partly due to the 2 injuries.

16. uselessmail

uselessmail Regular Member

Thats true! LXR definitely is at the pinnacle of her sport currently. Her court movement, shot selection, shot retrieval, execution is near perfect. She has an answer to almost everything thats thrown at her. At the risk of sounding too cliched, I'd say that she's currently the Lin Dan of WS.

My one gripe with her though is the quasi robotic/mechanical style of play she has. She shows no emotions on court and very less off it. Her only emotion I saw was when she finally won the match point but players show more emotions than that on winning single sets, let alone games. It obviously keeps her very focused on the game at hand but robs the spectator of one tiny but important aspect of the game, the human aspect. It's probably why I was rooting for Wang Yihan, in spite of knowing that LXR is far superior currently and that WYH had just beaten my favorite, Saina!
    I'm not saying that a player should shout and exalt after every point (a la Yippy;)) but seriously, she's just 21 and she's playing and winning in the biggest sporting spectacle on this earth and she does it as if finishing just another day's work! It is what differentiates a players style from being clinical/methodical to something that's beautiful, elegant (like Ballerina Susanti:))

She's obviously super excited on the inside (I hope:D), if only she could show it to the public, may be she'll start getting the respect that she rightly deserves. Wish her all the best for the very bright future that she has ahead!

17. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hmm, you've stumped me on that one. Maybe I should re-qualify my statement: Rankings don't count that much for the lower seeded players en route to the final or penultimate rounds that's why upsets are not uncommon but in the end rankings do matter. Of course,you do get rare exceptions sometimes.

Your way of presenting your argument is best and most efficient,just let the facts and figures speak for themselves without superfluous words. I like it.:)

18. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i was there yesterday. there weren't any booing from the crowd instead we cheer WX after she put the tape on at 20-18.
    the booing were from the Indian crowd after WX won the last point and the first game, they probably thought WX was making the injury looks bad and SN was off guard to lost the last point easily.

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Quick impressions of Aug. 4th matches..

..here are my quick thoughts on Aug. 4th matches :

Morning session :

- CY & FHF vs. KKK & TBH - I must say it was a dud. Very uninspiring performance by the MAS pair, as if KKK had other plans and things in his mind such as going to Leicester Square and Oxford Square..1st game, it's as if the MAS just woke up and rolled out of their beds to play. They made it a closer game in the 2nd, but the casual plays & still the lack of urgency approach were there..
    - CJS & LYD vs. MB & CM - Arguably the best match of the day. Overall, eventhough LYD made some mistakes,i thought CJS made more errors than LYD, eventhough i've heard from a couple people who've followed their matches that CJS has been sharp all week. The turnaround for the Danes, for some reason, happened when both pairs switched side of the court (2nd game and the 2nd half of the 3rd game), with the Danes being helped with the drift (facing the court with the flags); it's as if they were re-enenergized. Also, it seems the Danes figured out their attacks should be directed at CJS...
    - CAN vs. RUS (WD Bronze) - For some reason the CAN pair just didn't have it to fight..i left halfway in the 2nd game..

Afternoon session :

- Saina vs. WX - Well, i must say, i am TRULY bringing some bad luck/curse everytime i have watched the match or the day i came (first it was Logosz on Monday, then Sayaka on Wed., then Chen Jin on Thursday & then WX on Saturday). This time, it happened to Wang Xin.:eek:
    Just an unfortunate ending to the Bronze medal match..i just don't know how Saina is feeling with her literally being handed the Bronze medal..
    Hmm,, now i'm reconsidering whether i should go & come to today's match or not?..hmmmmm...
    - WYH vs. LXR - Clearly, LXR was the better player and the much fit player on the day. Great effort by WYH to force a deciding rubber game, but she seemed just a bit slow and out of breath throughout the whole match. Too bad she couldn't cap off her tremendous 1.5 yrs of turnaround with a Gold medal as she was quite emotional on the podium..
    - CHN vs. JPN (WD) - JPN pair couldn't get their defensive shield up until in the 2nd game. Great effort by them in the 2nd game but seemed just couldn't muster any consistency. If they stay around for the next OG, imo, they should be a pair to be reckoned with.

..now bring on the MS & MD Finals..and could it be dejavu all over again for the CHN team like in last yr's WC? :cool:

#839 ctjcad, Aug 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Cl - LHI tied at 7 apiece