2012 Malaysia Open GP Gold: Comments on matches

Discussion in 'India Open / Malaysia Open 2012' started by chris-ccc, Apr 30, 2012.

1. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Yes, he has been struggle in months to get back in the race...........so yes, he is back for sure !!

2. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Read somewhere that Sony is not in Indo Thomas Cup team. Just wondering can Indo Team still get Sony to play in this May TC?

3. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, he is not selected by PBSI as reported at Kompas. Despite his terrific performance in Malaysia GP Gold by defeating Nguyen Tin Minh, Hafiz Hashim, & able to take 1 game of the match against Dato LCW, in my opinion it is a little bit risky measuring SDK performance based on 1 tourney only. If SDK is in his form, i am sure PBSI will not hesitate enroll his name as a 3rd single. Perhaps, if possible PBSI could organize inner competition between SDK,TS,& Hayom. PBSI should organize the competition to be intense that affect the selection of TC cup as a 3rd MS. Therefore all of them will bring their fully best to be chosen.

After suffering injury, SDK performance has been going downhill for a long period of time. I believe he might have restore back 80-90% of his stamina & technique. What he lacks of are self confidence & big tourney atmosphere. I believe by being finalist in MAS GP Gold defeating several good players & stretch Dato LCW for three games should have boosted SDK confidence. PBSI needs to be really objective by how much confidence booster SDK receives at MAS GP Gold affect his performance while facing Chen Jin for example. PBSI might also need to consider head to head record between their 3rd MS to CJ.
    TS vs CJ : 0-4
    Hayom vs CJ : 0-3
    SDK vs CJ : 2-3

Although all of them lost in head to head against CJ, SDK result is still slightly ahead of his 2 compatriots. However that was dating back on 2009. A very tough yet decisive decision must be made by PBSI.

4. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Maybe Indonesia can follow what Korea did in the last TC. If I remember correctly, the got Lee Hyun Il out of retirement to play 3rd Singles, and now Lee in back in top 10 giving Korea a big booster in team event.
    It is good to groom the Indo youngsters, but Korea youngsters are no push over either even though they have an 'old' general in Lee as No.1 . . . . dito for Denmark having Peter Gade :)
    A good suggestion from Licin for Indo to hold internal matches to determine their 3rd Singles for TC 2012.
    Sony's name do strike "fear" for other countries in TC. Sorry to say this, but Hayom and TS are not as "scary" as Sony :)

5. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    SDK did quite well in the 2012 Axiata Cup tournament and was in the Indonesia's Garuda team which won the title and prize money of Usd600,000.00.

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes, he was part of Axiata Cup. However for me MAS GP Gold is still better for measuring SDK performance. He was able to defeat NTM who is the 1st MS from Vietnam on which SDK did not have any chance to face him on the Axiata Cup 2012. Sony is the 3rd MS & NTM is the 1st MS from Vietnam & he did his job really well.

In my honest opinion, i think PBSI also getting stunned by SDK performance in MAS GP Gold, that is why PBSI is having a tough time to decide. Tommy/Dion record against other 3rd MS for example Hans Kristian Vittinghus of Denmark, Korean Park Sung Hwan & Hong Hi Hoon are :

Dion vs HKV : 0-1, which is on 2009
    Dion vs PSH : 0-0
    Dion vs HJH : 0-1, on 2007

TS vs HKV : 0-0
    TS vs PSH : 0-0
    TS vs HJH : 2-1, TS lost the last meeting which is on Aussie Open 2012.
    TS might lost it due to fatigue since it was held the following week after Axiata Cup 2012.

Sony vs HKV : 0-0
    Sony vs PSH : 2-6, last on 2009
    Sony vs HJH : 0-1, on 2011 which Sony lost in a tight rubber game

If my feeling is right SDK will be sent while facing CJ of CBA provided INA could push the score to be 2-2, quite hard but still visible, while facing HKV, PSH or HJH, PBSI still might send Dion/Tommy whoever selected for TC, in my opinion it would be Tommy. However, INA squad team for 2012 TC has already been out several days a go that do not include Sony. Wondering could PBSI be able to make a necessary amendment if needed?

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oohh,what's this about? Methinks you over-react and went overboard. Allow me my take on this altercation,mostly on your part.
    In the first place,does the term "aunty", a form of address for an older woman esp by children,carry any or only negative or derogatory connotations? Perhaps younger women find it unflattering as implying "old" age,that's all. When some BCers called Yao Jie in her 30s "aunty",are they showing her respect and admiration that at her age she's still playing world class badminton OR impying "so old already,still so unrealistic and insensible,think she can beat those youngsters"? I believe it's more the former and not the latter, as Yao Jie herself has proven by her outstanding performance.
    Secondly,your attempt at rephrasing Uncle Loh's words ended up to be,in my view,a gross misrepresentation,clear distortion and wild allegation,and simply putting words into his mouth. It reflects more on yourself than him and badly doing yourself a disservice. As if there are not many poor Singaporeans or very few rich Malaysians. Even in the US,the richest nation on Earth,you've the 1% uber rich and the 99% who are not,isn't that what the 'Occupy Wall Street Movement' is all about? You shouldn't just look at the GDP but the wealth distribution.
    Thirdly,saying the MAS pair was WR#1 before and the SIN pair "have been top-seeded ahead of the Malaysians" was a mere statement of fact, was an explanation not a justification for the SIN pair's loss. You went one further in depicting them as China Doll and Indonesian Maid,whatever it is you intended to say about them, only you know better.
    Fourthly, partisan support does not equal "uncivilised,rowdy crowd" and he seemed to be lamenting that the SIN pair allowed themselves to be rattled by it and no where did he say they were unfairly beaten.
    Lastly,if I were a MAS fan and felt the urge to respond to him, I might put it thus : "Our gutsy MAS women doubles rose to the occasion and cheered on by our supportive Malaysian crowd came from behind in game 2 to gain a well deserved victory against the higher-ranked and younger Singapore pair. If Mr Loh felt the SIN pair's loss was partly attributed to their being rattled by the Malaysian crowd,they have only themselves to blame,we won because we were the better team today".:)
    Surely we can agree to disagree without hurling insults,abuses,ad hominem and dragging innocent people in(China doll,Indonesian maid,poorer old Malaysian aunties).:)

#587 Justin L, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  8. limb7567

limb7567 Regular Member

student
    Let’s call a spade a spade. I have no further intention to comment back. If I have went overboard please complaint me to the moderator. When my fellow countrymen lose I don’t insult the other deserved winner. That is called sportsmanship. Mr Loh could start by apologising and congratulate WPT-CEH for their win. Mr Loh lamented on many things (crowds, ranking, smash and net) but could you pick me a word from Mr Loh post that carries a congratulatory message.

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Cool it BCers

Cool it BCers. Otherwise this thread is bound to be locked/closed.

:D:D:D

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Just take another calm look at my original post again and tell me where are the parts that I have "insulted" any player and I will try to clarify with you.

Compare my post with yours where you tried to convey to others the negative thoughts you think was on my mind.

You are doing a great injustice to me for painting such a crude and evil picture of me and for putting your words into my mouth.

I first met WPT/CEH during the Melbourne Commonwealth Games 2006 and have high admiration for them for being WR1 for a relatively long time although injury interrupted their ascent and now they have made an admirable recovery to beat even the much younger Sari
    and Yao Lei. Naturally I was disappointed with our WD as they have qualified for London but their recent performances have not been inspiring and therefore they become a source of concern.

Quite rightly when I mentioned "aunties" it is a mark of respect for their abilities despite their older age. Obviously their vast experience showed when they beat the SIN pair despite trailing quite far behind in G2.

What I want to know is why our pair lost in straight games and couldn't win a game at least.

And you shot your head off with your insults not only to me but to our WD pair, the home supporters, etc,

I wonder who should be apologizing?

11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Some just nod the head. Everything is good. Go on, carry on playing like that. No need to improve. You've done your best.

If someone criticise it's own players, it is a sin to do it to fellow countrymen. ;) Great idea.

Let's see if things can be 'improved'. ;) I doubt so. it's a waste of money. I rather waste the money on the locals. Clap clap. ;)

#591 extremenanopowe, May 8, 2012
    Last edited: May 8, 2012
  12. Jimmy_Goh

Jimmy_Goh Regular Member

Frankly, I am very surprised that Loh's words were "totally changed" by limb7567.
    Does limb7567 knows Loh personally?
    To me, I think both WPT/CEH knows that they are "aunties" in "badminton age". I do not meant it as an insult but on a "comical and lighter" side. Do we call Inthanon & Tai Tzu Ying "young girls" and say that we are insulting them because of their age? Even Lin Dan at 27 thinks he may retire after Olympics 2012 because he is "getting old". So, after Olympics, does anyone thinks it will be an "insult" to call Lin Dan "uncle"?
    And, how did the word rich & poor country surfaced!!! I think this is totally taken "out of context" from Loh's words!

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Am still not impressed with lcw performance. Playing LD is a totally different ball game. LD still has the advantage. Hopefully LCW can be at his KO best. ;)